VP of Gaming
37244 posts

Re: First active gay athlete to come out.

Apr 30, 2013

I am against gay marriage

Message 11 of 114 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

Apr 30, 2013

I respect your opinion Hitman and you are a friend of mine but this isnt about gay marriage at all. Don't know if you are trying to stir up a arguement or something but lets keep it on topic.

Message 12 of 114 (155 Views)
VP of Gaming
37244 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Well i think being gay in the locker room might lead to something more you know... "oo lets get married and have kids!!"

NO basically being gay in sports isnt right either they should be gay on their own time...

Message 13 of 114 (150 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15233 posts

Apr 30, 2013

I think the guy is very courageous and should be looked upon as a role model for others.

Every journey begins with the first step, then the second step, and so on.  This is no different, despite it being 2013.

I cannot agree with you, HiTmAN_90, but you are entitled to your opinion and views.  I cannot fathom looking at another guy in a locker room and thinking - oh, I heard he's gay - maybe I should leave my wife and go to bed with him.

This world would be a much better place if there was more acceptance, tolerance and love for your neighbors.  Hate destroys, it does not build.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 14 of 114 (136 Views)
VP of Gaming
37244 posts

Apr 30, 2013

vfr_800_rider wrote:

I think the guy is very courageous and should be looked upon as a role model for others.

Every journey begins with the first step, then the second step, and so on.  This is no different, despite it being 2013.

I cannot agree with you, HiTmAN_90, but you are entitled to your opinion and views.  I cannot fathom looking at another guy in a locker room and thinking - oh, I heard he's gay - maybe I should leave my wife and go to bed with him.

This world would be a much better place if there was more acceptance, tolerance and love for your neighbors.  Hate destroys, it does not build.

THAT is gross...

I didnt even clear up why im against it.

I dont look at other guys anyway

Message 15 of 114 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55190 posts

Apr 30, 2013

DoubleO_seven wrote:

Goes by the name of Jason Collins. Plays center in the NBA and is the first athlete to come out in any of the 4 major sports. What are your thoughts on it?

Do you think pro teams are ready to have gay athletes in their locker room?  Also he is to become a free agent. Think it will hurt his chances of signing toF a new team or will executives use it as a marketing opportunity?

Whats your take on all this?

My Thoughts:

Who cares, really?  So what the dude is gay, doesn't change a darn thing about how he plays the game of basketball.

I get annoyed by the people who make a big deal over their sexual orientations be it same sex or opposite sex.  

Yay your gay, now get over yourself and score some baskets!  Smiley Tongue

Are teams ready:

Yes, why wouldn't they be?   I've heard a few tv personalities bring up "pro atheletes are homophobic" yet I haven't seen them back up that type of comment with a real world example, so yes I think teams will be fine.   

Free Agent:

Any smart recruiter for a team will not have his sexual orientation impact their decision, they will decide based on his skill on the court. 

Message 16 of 114 (122 Views)
Big Daddy
19065 posts

Apr 30, 2013

It would be nice if politics were left out of sports period. I really don't care if he is black, white, gay, lesbian, etc. That is stuff that people don't want to know about. Being gay is not an important enough of a reason why sports should have a seperate division for them, or when it comes to looking different.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 17 of 114 (121 Views)
Platinum
55190 posts

Apr 30, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

It would be nice if politics were left out of sports period. I really don't care if he is black, white, gay, lesbian, etc. That is stuff that people don't want to know about. Being gay is not an important enough of a reason why sports should have a seperate division for them, or when it comes to looking different.

AMEN! 

Its not about who you like to have relations with outside the court, its about your performance IN GAME!

Message 18 of 114 (117 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37244 posts

Apr 30, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

I agree with you

If someone is gay they need to just keep it to themselves

Being gay in the locker room is wrong because if there is another gay person in there it might lead to them doing something that might distract them from concentrating on the sport.

Also it might lead them to start a relationship and get married

and i am against that because then they will want to adopt kids and THAT IS NOT NATURAL. a child needs a MOM and a DAD to show them whats needed about life.

its not natural for a kid to have 2 dads or 2 moms!!!! its WRONG!!!!

Message 19 of 114 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7248 posts

Apr 30, 2013
Not sure if Eminem said this first, but it is a good quote.

“I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.”
energy
Message 20 of 114 (102 Views)