Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 30 2006
By: LordHades74 Treasure Hunter 5807 posts

Firefox question

7 replies 1 views Edited Nov 30, 2006
I currently have IE7 and have always read about how Firefox is alot better than IE,it has peaked my curiousity and was wondering what makes it better? Let me know your opinions on it and I'll make my decision to get it from there.
 photo godofwarsig34712.png
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Re: Firefox question

Nov 30, 2006
well, its safer than ie, it has a lot of plugins that are pretty cool, and it runs a bit faster

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9122 posts

Nov 30, 2006

crovax3000 wrote:
well, its safer than ie, it has a lot of plugins that are pretty cool, and it runs a bit faster

ok here's what I don't get.

Safer. I use IE6 alot. yet only 2 viruses within 2 years no firewall and an outdated norten program

Plugins. may look cool but it slows the program/Computer Down.

Runs faster. I tryed FF1.5 and 2.0 and My IE6 was much faster then both. so i don't get that part.

(TabBrowsing) supposidly it's Better. I don't know I turned that off on my IE7 i find it annoying I'd rather have everything on the Menu Bar.

Just my openians.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWe Dig Giant Robots!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Nov 30, 2006

InfurnoASH wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:

Safer. I use IE6 alot. yet only 2 viruses within 2 years no firewall and an outdated norten program

Runs faster. I tryed FF1.5 and 2.0 and My IE6 was much faster then both. so i don't get that part.

(TabBrowsing) supposidly it's Better. I don't know I turned that off on my IE7 i find it annoying I'd rather have everything on the Menu Bar.

Just my openians.

pop ups, tho, i never get, or viruses
plugins dont slow my computer down at all.. if anything its faster because i can have everything ready, so i dont have to type in addresses or things like that
and 2.0 does run faster, not much, but a bit faster
tabs are more of a personal thing, tho.. my sister hates em, but i love em :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20646 posts

Nov 30, 2006

InfurnoASH wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:

Safer. I use IE6 alot. yet only 2 viruses within 2 years no firewall and an outdated norten program-not bad, cant argue with that one

Plugins. may look cool but it slows the program/Computer Down.-not mine...not at all, you must have a slow comp then.

Runs faster. I tryed FF1.5 and 2.0 and My IE6 was much faster then both. so i don't get that part.-i used to use ie and i am inpressed at how much faster ff is

(TabBrowsing) supposidly it's Better. I don't know I turned that off on my IE7 i find it annoying I'd rather have everything on the Menu Bar.-some ppl may hate it but i ove having just one ff open at the bottom and just click the different tabs

Just my openians.

those are my OPINIONS

Message Edited by PS2master4444 on 11-30-2006 02:47 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9122 posts

Nov 30, 2006

crovax3000 wrote:

InfurnoASH wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:

Just my openians.

pop ups, tho, i never get, or viruses
plugins dont slow my computer down at all.. if anything its faster because i can have everything ready, so i dont have to type in addresses or things like that
and 2.0 does run faster, not much, but a bit faster
tabs are more of a personal thing, tho.. my sister hates em, but i love em :smileytongue:

Popups. I don't get those eather. Google Toolbar stops them. when they happen. ()
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWe Dig Giant Robots!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5807 posts

Dec 1, 2006
So I take it that it all depends on the kind of computer that you have?
 photo godofwarsig34712.png
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4303 posts

Dec 1, 2006
I like IE 7 better than FF2.

Click the sig
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (1 View)