Fender Bender
4543 posts

Re: ~Final Fantasy V.. Remake~ UPDATE: 2 New Images

Aug 11, 2006
Well TLC in the near future i remember reading somewhere there is going to be like a Final Fantasy VII: Crisis game or somesort like that coming out for the PSP
The Anti Mother
Message 31 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1081 posts

Aug 11, 2006
Why was this thread moved to off topic, I thought this was a FF,discussion, I guees the talk about platforms forced the hand of law....
Currently Playing: Wild Arms 3 & FF X
Recently Finished: Suikoden IV, Dragon Quest VIII, Vagrant Story, & Chrono Cross
Message 32 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4543 posts

Aug 11, 2006

kp606 wrote:

Is SE going overboard with classic remakes instead of actually redoing FFVII?

Sorry but that is a bit of a jaded remark... they aren't obligated to do anything with that game.

Personally, i'd rather more quickly see then remake 8 or 9.

Besides, i've never played V or VI, and the collections are far too expensive/rare now so this is a good oppurtunity for me to see the entire series.

If i recall FFVII is already being remade for the PS3, or it was just a tech demo, but i truly think they are going to remake it for the ps3
The Anti Mother
Message 33 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Aug 11, 2006
awesome find dude. that looks really tight.  cant wait to see more of it.
Message 34 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1081 posts

Aug 11, 2006

TheLostChild wrote:

Nucleotide wrote:
TheLostChild:

Basically, this version will have revamped graphics, a new intro cutscene, new jobs, and a new dungeon.

That's exactly what I want for the GBA version and,expect FF VI sometime next year as well, then thats it for the GBA and,say hello to FFVII and up on the PSP.....
,I hope the new dungeon involves the "Dawn of Warriors" crew that fought,and sealed X-Death 30 years ago in this FF V story...  
,    1.) Galuf - Krile's Grandpa, dies battling X-Death and passes abilities onto Krile
,    2.) Zeza - helps destroys X-Death's force field around castle and dies trapped in the explosion
,    3.) Kelag (Werewolf) -
,    4.) Drogan - Bartz father
,Can't wait to see what new jobs they offer I hope they have a Paladin class, but expect a Dragon class for sure....

Message Edited by Nucleotide on 08-11-2006 10:23 AM

That idea for a dungeon would be AWESOME! Great idea! I would love to play that!

And,we already know two of the jobs, Gladiator and Cannoneer. Will there be,more, or is that it? We don't know yet. I wouldn't hld your breath for,Paladin since Gladiator isn't that far off Smiley HappySmiley Wink

Ok,that explains the one screenshot with the guy using a canon as a weapon,I was mondering about that and I guess gladiator is similiar to a,dragon or paladin... I wonder if there will be other classes....
Currently Playing: Wild Arms 3 & FF X
Recently Finished: Suikoden IV, Dragon Quest VIII, Vagrant Story, & Chrono Cross
Message 35 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17231 posts

Aug 11, 2006

elementsk8er24 wrote:

kp606 wrote:

Is SE going overboard with classic remakes instead of actually redoing FFVII?

Sorry but that is a bit of a jaded remark... they aren't obligated to do anything with that game.

Personally, i'd rather more quickly see then remake 8 or 9.

Besides, i've never played V or VI, and the collections are far too expensive/rare now so this is a good oppurtunity for me to see the entire series.

If i recall FFVII is already being remade for the PS3, or it was just a tech demo, but i truly think they are going to remake it for the ps3

I think they will remake it too, but what you saw was indeed, just a tech demo, and although impressive, Square Enix has still kept their lips sealed on whether or not a remake is in the works

Alright, I think this whole, moving around of thread thing has been sorted out. But as usual, the main reason we cannot post about other console's games is because of flame wars and immaturity. That's never really been a problem with the FF board, so let's please try to show the mod team that we're mature enough to continue talking about the game, and not the system it's on We've been doing a good job so far, so let's keep it up guys!

PSUP, I've been here, everyday as usual, just, I no longer go to the Off Topic. I think, and don't take this the wrong way, I think I enjoy this place more without the OT. Feels like I've been reborn. Smiley Tongue </chessy-ness>
Message 36 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Aug 11, 2006
They're remaking the whole Final Fantasy series for the GBA/DS, at least all of them before FFVII.

The PSP will more than likely get remakes of FFVII/FFVIII/FFIX. Which is cool, those are a bit more popular than the other one's these days. If you ask me, they're just as good or better.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 37 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
30058 posts

Aug 11, 2006

,TheLostChild wrote:

I think they will remake it too, but what you saw was indeed, just a tech demo, and although impressive, Square Enix has still kept their lips sealed on whether or not a remake is in the works

Alright, I think this whole, moving around of thread thing has been sorted out. But as usual, the main reason we cannot post about other console's games is because of flame wars and immaturity. That's never really been a problem with the FF board, so let's please try to show the mod team that we're mature enough to continue talking about the game, and not the system it's on We've been doing a good job so far, so let's keep it up guys!

PSUP, I've been here, everyday as usual, just, I no longer go to the Off Topic. I think, and don't take this the wrong way, I think I enjoy this place more without the OT. Feels like I've been reborn. Smiley Tongue </chessy-ness>

I am getting clarification of the rule of posting other console talk at this time, this may be moved again. No offense but it has to be one way or another. This game can't be here if others are not allowed  and on other boards as well.
Formally chaynes...
Message 38 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15867 posts

Re: ~Final Fantasy V.. Remake~

Aug 11, 2006
lmao...they're still making for GBA?
Message 39 of 45 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4762 posts