Treasure Hunter
7545 posts

Re: ~Final Fantasy V.. Remake~

Aug 10, 2006
Eek, the dreaded Final Fantasy V. Just a warning to you all that have played Final Fantasy IV but not V.... don't expect the same level of quality from V IMO, Final Fantasy V is one of the worst SquareSoft games ever. Other then the job sytem, I just fail to see anything good about it... at all. And it always got me thinking, how in the world did Squaresoft go from making one of the best RPGs to date (Final Fantasy IV) to making such a lacking title like V.
Message 11 of 45 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5420 posts

Aug 10, 2006

,pano09 wrote:
Eek, the dreaded Final Fantasy V. Just a warning to you all that have played Final Fantasy IV but not V.... don't expect the same level of quality from V IMO, Final Fantasy V is one of the worst SquareSoft games ever. Other then the job sytem, I just fail to see anything good about it... at all. And it always got me thinking, how in the world did Squaresoft go from making one of the best RPGs to date (Final Fantasy IV) to making such a lacking title like V.

That's your opinion, many believe it to be one of the best, but that's their opinion as well, but it's a damn good majority....
Message 12 of 45 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17231 posts

Aug 10, 2006

Aeris_Jayle wrote:

,TheLostChild wrote:
Anyways, I'm seriously looking into buying a DS, sorry to say too. ,
Why?  It's cheap, and there's a crapload of really damn good games on it, and many more to come, so why should you be sorry?  Sure, the graphics and technology isn't up to par when compared to the PSP, but when did that ever matter to a hardcore gamer?  In my opinion, most of the best games ever made were 2D and sprite-based, and some of them are on the DS!

It's because since the first GameBoy I've always bought, and had high hopes, for the newest handheld systems from Nintendo. But the DS is the first Nintendo Handheld I've passed over, and to go back now would be odd. But I'll put it on my christmas list, along with those remakes (FF Dawn of Souls, FFIII, FFIV got a remake too right?, FFV now! There's only one 2D game left to remake, FFVI, and then we get what we've been waiting for Smiley Tongue Riiight Smiley Tongue

@ Pandemonium
I sure will keep you guys posted!

@ Phoenix
Even if it's in french, swearing still isn't allowed So c'mon, edit that out?
Message 13 of 45 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Aug 10, 2006

,pano09 wrote:

I would hardly call it "dreaded."  FF V did really well in Japan b/c it has the one thing that all "true gamers" say they want, which is great gameplay.  I'll take the Job system in FF V over the incredibly linear gameplay and somewhat hokey story of FF IV, as well as the confused storyline and cast of thousands of FF VI any day. 

Message Edited by PHOENIX33 on 08-10-2006 08:18 AM

Message 14 of 45 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
628 posts

Aug 10, 2006
Although I loved some of the underlying themes of FFIV, the actual plot fell through with deus ex machina. The only part of the game that I TRULY loved was the last hour or so, exploring the game's last dungeon. That dungeon was much better designed than the one in FFV. Both games really suffered from linearity problems though, but thankfully that was mediated by FFIV - which is, in my opinion when Final Fantasy jumped the shark.

I really hope they don't mess with the gameplay in the remake like they did with gba version of FFIV. The graphics were very jumpy at times, and the ATB system was atrocious.
Blue Moon Ginetta G4
Message 15 of 45 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Aug 10, 2006

,wildhalcyon wrote:
Although I loved some of the underlying themes of FFIV, the actual plot fell through with deus ex machina. The only part of the game that I TRULY loved was the last hour or so, exploring the game's last dungeon. That dungeon was much better designed than the one in FFV. Both games really suffered from linearity problems though, but thankfully that was mediated by FFIV - which is, in my opinion when Final Fantasy jumped the shark.

I really hope they don't mess with the gameplay in the remake like they did with gba version of FFIV. The graphics were very jumpy at times, and the ATB system was atrocious.

What does "jumped the shark" mean?
Message 16 of 45 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5118 posts

Aug 10, 2006
thanks for the info keep us updated please
Message 17 of 45 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7545 posts

Aug 10, 2006

,Aeris_Jayle wrote:

,pano09 wrote:

That's your opinion, many believe it to be one of the best, but that's their opinion as well, but it's a damn good majority....

I'm not saying it's horrible for everyone, I made sure to include the *IMO* before stating it was one of the worst Squaresoft games. Obviously everyone will have their own views on it, I'm not arguing that.

The lack of any kind of a story turned me off with it.  

Message 18 of 45 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17231 posts

Aug 11, 2006
Update: Jeux France has posted to new iimages of what the Gladiator and Cannoneer will look like. Looks pretty swift to me
Message 19 of 45 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1730 posts

Re: ~Final Fantasy V.. Remake~ UPDATE: 2 New Images

Aug 11, 2006
Nice scan.  The in-game colors really stand out to me, as do the characters.  I like the way everything looks so far.
Message 20 of 45 (3 Views)
0 Likes