Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 09 2006
By: TheLostChild Ghost of Sparta 17231 posts

~Final Fantasy V.. Remake~ UPDATE: 2 New Images

44 replies 108 views Edited Aug 9, 2006
Well, first it was Final Fantasy III, now it's Final Fantasy V, and guess what handheld it's NOT coming out for. *cries* That's right, the PSP. This one, however, isn't headed to the DS, but rather, the GBA. Honestly, I don't know why, no use for the touch screen maybe? Who knows.

Again, I'm only posting this considering the maturity level we have here to not flame other consoles, should it get out of hand, I'll report my own thread. So please, keep discussions focused on the game and what's being done to it, rather than where it's going and talking about those sorts of things Thank you

Alors que Final Fantasy III sur Nintendo DS vient d'obtenir la note de 34/40 dans le magazine japonais Famitsu, ce qui est finalement plutôt décevant par rapport au buzz impressionnant qu'a bénéficié le titre au Japon, Square Enix donne quelques détails concernant le prochain Final Fantasy V Advance prévu sur Game Boy Advance. Ainsi, ce remake à '120%' proposera quelques extras par rapport à la version originale : une nouvelle scène d'introduction, des graphismes améliorés, de nouveaux jobs (gladiateur, canonnier expert en démolition, etc.), et un nouveau donjon. La sortie du jeu est attendue pour le 12 octobre prochain au Japon, et le 6 novembre aux Etats-Unis.

Babelfish English Translation
Source: Jeux-France

Basically, this version will have revamped graphics, a new intro cutscene, new jobs, and a new dungeon.

My question is, when is SE going to give PSP some of the remake action? Or will we see these games on the E-Distributin (seeing as they were 'rereleased' long ago)? Anyways, I'm seriously looking into buying a DS, sorry to say too.

What do you guys think? Is SE going overboard with classic remakes instead of actually redoing FFVII? Or are you happy that they're remaking clasics? How about the platforms they're redoing them for? any other comments?

Jeux France has 2 new images posted, check em out:

So it's definately not the super-revamp FFIII got, but for me, it'll still warrant a purchase when I get a DS sometime down the road. How about the rest of you?

Message Edited by TheLostChild on 08-10-2006 11:00 PM

Message Edited by TheLostChild on 08-11-2006 04:27 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 45 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1730 posts

Re: ~Final Fantasy V.. Remake~

Aug 9, 2006

Nice find.  I'll finally get a chance to play FFV.

Keep us updated.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 45 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3609 posts

Aug 10, 2006

Wow, that's very strange they didn't make it for the DS. Anyways, I'm not too familiar with Final Fantasy games previous to FF7, but I'm assuming this one is still a long game right?(Correct me if I'm wrong) The remake sounds cool, but I don't think I could manage playing a long on a handheld system.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 45 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5420 posts

Aug 10, 2006

,TheLostChild wrote:
Anyways, I'm seriously looking into buying a DS, sorry to say too. ,
Why?  It's cheap, and there's a crapload of really damn good games on it, and many more to come, so why should you be sorry?  Sure, the graphics and technology isn't up to par when compared to the PSP, but when did that ever matter to a hardcore gamer?  In my opinion, most of the best games ever made were 2D and sprite-based, and some of them are on the DS!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 45 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8791 posts

Aug 10, 2006
I have a gba sp and I'm planning tp buy the ff remake on it.. I can't remember but I think it was the forth or third.... I have to play FFIX and blow games and I think I'll just play FFV on the gba but not it's original system... I hope they make all ff remakes that I haven't played yet so it'd be more fun because of the graphics and they'll be easier to find.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 45 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3966 posts

Aug 10, 2006
I'm really excited to play this! I can't wait for it to release.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 45 (108 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1081 posts

Aug 10, 2006
FF III for the DS will be in 3D and require more power and would not,play well on GBA, whereas FF V will be a straight 2D game like FF I,& 2: Dawn of Souls so is appropriate for this platform., but its,wacky how the keep switching it around. I can't wait for the day till,they have FF VII - IX on the PSP....
Currently Playing: Wild Arms 3 & FF X
Recently Finished: Suikoden IV, Dragon Quest VIII, Vagrant Story, & Chrono Cross
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 45 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5420 posts

Aug 10, 2006

,Nucleotide wrote:
its wacky how the keep switching it around.

It's marketing strategy, that's what it is....
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 45 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5038 posts

Aug 10, 2006
I was hoping it was coming to psp or ds...not GBA...why GBA? IMO if SE is going to make a remake they should make it a good and complete remake, as with III, and not an expanded port, and not for an old handheld.  For ports  I'd rather buy the  psp ROMs later.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 45 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5092 posts

Aug 10, 2006

,null,

TheLostChild wrote:

,null,

Alors que Final Fantasy III sur Nintendo DS vient d'obtenir la note de 34/40 dans le magazine japonais Famitsu, ce qui est finalement plutôt décevant par rapport au buzz impressionnant qu'a bénéficié le titre au Japon, Square Enix donne quelques détails concernant le prochain Final Fantasy V Advance prévu sur Game Boy Advance. Ainsi, ce remake à '120%' proposera quelques extras par rapport à la version originale : une nouvelle scène d'introduction, des graphismes améliorés, de nouveaux jobs (gladiateur, canonnier expert en démolition, etc.), et un nouveau donjon. La sortie du jeu est attendue pour le 12 octobre prochain au Japon, et le 6 novembre aux Etats-Unis.

Babelfish English Translation
Source: Jeux-France

,null,

My question is, when is SE going to give PSP some of the remake action? Or will we see these games on the E-Distributin (seeing as they were 'rereleased' long ago)? Anyways, I'm seriously looking into buying a DS, sorry to say too.

What do you guys think? Is SE going overboard with classic remakes instead of actually redoing FFVII? Or are you happy that they're remaking clasics? How about the platforms they're redoing them for? any other comments?

,null,

!?!?  De nouveaux jobs... et seulement pour le GBA?  !?!?

Oh well, the fact that Square-Enix has now chosen to remake two classic FF games (III and V) means that eventually they will also get around to remaking FF VI and FF VII.  Of course if they don't release the two latter games for the PS3, well, I dare say Square-Enix better brace themselves for death threats, lol. 

Message Edited by PHOENIX33 on 08-10-2006 06:31 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 45 (108 Views)
0 Likes