Highlighted
Jan 17 2007
By: Treeh Last Guardian 12751 posts

Final Fantasy I & II for PSP

2 replies 2 views Edited Jan 17, 2007

Now I actually have a use for my PSP...it's gathering dust in a corner now....

They better release in USASmiley Mad

Square Enix is not going to let any of us rest until we've all played through Final Fantasy I & II at least a half dozen times each. The two games are now heading to the PSP as part of Final Fantasy's 20th Anniversary celebration.

Prepare to experience the games like you never have before, unless you played Final Fantasy Origins on the PS1 or Dawn of Souls on the GBA. The games will retain the Snes flavor of those remakes, along with the cutscenes from the former and extra dungeons of the latter. The main draw here seems to be widescreen and load times. Hooray. The games will also feature galleries of artwork from Yo**bleep**aka Amano, but I would sooner put money down on a UMD filled with his work than buy another Final Fantasy I or II remake. The Games should be out this year in Japan, with no word yet on a US release.

APPLE SPY
Message 1 of 3 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5818 posts

Re: Final Fantasy I & II for PSP

Jan 17, 2007
Could milking a franchise get any worse ?

Can you see.. Arbiter ? The moment of salvation.. is upon us.
Message 2 of 3 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2570 posts

Re: Final Fantasy I & II for PSP

Jan 17, 2007
I already have it for the Playsation...which I can play on my PS2 and in the near future PS3.  I don't need it on the PSP.  It's milking but that's been said.

I've always had a lot of respect for Square and a lot for Enix but lately....they've hit a huge rut.  Dirge of Cerberus?  Holy crap that was on par with Psy-Girls.....as in bad.  I beat the game.  I apparently just coincidently picked the best gun configuration because with a minimal amount of death I almost breezed through the game...and there was like no difficulty.  The last boss had me stand and shoot.  That's it.  Stand...and shoot.  I think I pressed the level option like three times the whole game and I did just fine since healing items were either abundant or readily on sale.  ANYWAY....that game was a flop no matter HOW big a fan you are.  It sucked.  They could have teken that storyline (which was GOOD) and put it to a puzzle/battle game for the DS.  I...think I would have loved that one more. 

I'm dissapointed Square Enix....two of the heaviest hitters in the business and we get the same old from the Dragon Quest line and then rehashes from Square.  Where are the NEW hits?  you can't expect us to wait for the ONE good game you put out every couple of years.....shameful.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 3 of 3 (2 Views)
0 Likes