14101 posts

Re: Favorite Recipes and General Food Discussion

Nov 4, 2013

THE_FORCE wrote:
You've made me crave Pizza now! XD

*hands you a slice of pepparoni pizza*

That's what I got today Robot Happy.

*hands the rest of the thread slices of pizza as well*

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 41 of 47 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56227 posts

Jan 14, 2015

Chicken Broth

Chicken pieces (preferable fresh chicken breast cut up, not pre cooked)

Small meatballs

Soup Mac

Garlic minced

Onion minced

Tomato pieces

Carrots, sliced

Celery, sliced

Secret Herb Mix

^ PLYMCO Chicken Soup Surprise

Message 42 of 47 (75 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Jan 17, 2015

One of the few things I've cooked with an *actual recipe* that I liked enough to make more than once:

Creamy Orzo

Recipe courtesy of: Giada De Laurentiis
Show: Everyday Italian
Episode: Cook with your Kids

Total Time: 25 min
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 15 min
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Level: Easy

Creamy Orzo

Ingredients:
1 pound orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large shallot, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, juices drained
1 1/4 cups whipping cream
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
Bring a heavy large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the orzo and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic, and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook until they are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in the cream and peas. Add the orzo and toss to coat. Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the Parmesan to the pasta mixture and toss to coat. Stir the pasta mixture until the sauce coats the pasta thickly, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to maintain a creamy consistency. Season the orzo with salt and pepper, and serve.

Message 43 of 47 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Jan 17, 2015

Pic I happened to have on my phone of a modified version of the above recipe I made around March...without following the recipe Smiley Tongue I happened to have chicken, orzo, parm, and frozen peas & carrots at the time, so I made this:

chicken parm pasta.jpeg

(Note: Because orzo is a small, rice-sized pasta, it fills a bowl at a pretty high density. I would *not* recommend filling your bowl this much...LOL I only got through about 1/3 of it at once!)

Message 44 of 47 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9318 posts

Jan 17, 2015

lol.jpg

StephieRawks wrote:

Pic I happened to have on my phone of a modified version of the above recipe I made around March...without following the recipe Smiley Tongue I happened to have chicken, orzo, parm, and frozen peas & carrots at the time, so I made this:

chicken parm pasta.jpeg

(Note: Because orzo is a small, rice-sized pasta, it fills a bowl at a pretty high density. I would *not* recommend filling your bowl this much...LOL I only got through about 1/3 of it at once!)

Are you sure you did not eat the entire bowl..I usually find folks who take the time to say they did not really did..lol

Message 45 of 47 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Jan 17, 2015

Definitely not at once! I remember putting the rest (it made 2 more servings) in the fridge for later, and I even mentioned how it defeated me to @D-Nitrate , who requested the pic in the first place. It's like...y'know how when you go to Olive Garden and they serve the pasta in those wide, flat bowls and you feel like you eat and eat forever and it still looks like you've barely touched it? Orzo is like that.

Okay, let's stop this, it feels weird having an actual conversation with you Smiley Tongue

Message 46 of 47 (54 Views)
Last Guardian
9318 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2015

StephieRawks wrote:

Definitely not at once! I remember putting the rest (it made 2 more servings) in the fridge for later, and I even mentioned how it defeated me to @D-Nitrate , who requested the pic in the first place. It's like...y'know how when you go to Olive Garden and they serve the pasta in those wide, flat bowls and you feel like you eat and eat forever and it still looks like you've barely touched it? Orzo is like that.

Okay, let's stop this, it feels weird having an actual conversation with you Smiley Tongue

ok lets stop..lol. Thanks for clearing the pasta question. Sorry you feel strange chatting with me..perhaps clean your mouth off next time we speak and you wont feel so out of bounds..lol pasta can be messy after eating it. Eating an entire bowl can do that..
Message 47 of 47 (51 Views)
0 Likes