Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Re: Favorite Recipes

Nov 3, 2013

- Breakfast:     Cheerios with milk, coffee, and an apple.

- Breakfast (alt):    Toast with peanut butter, small yogurt, coffee, and banana

I'll think about other meal favorites and come back.   Breakfast is usually the same more often so it was easier to think of

Message 31 of 47 (94 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14109 posts

Re: Favorite Recipes and General Food Discussion

Nov 3, 2013

THE_FORCE wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

Found the recipe -- thought I'd share it with you guys.

Chop Suey (my grandma's recipe)

Ingredients list

Olive Oil

Box9 I would never use Olive oil in any Asian cuisine whether it be Chinese, Indian or Japanese.... not just because of it's slightly lower smoking point, but because it's prominent flavour doesn't lend itself well to the ingredients associated with this type of cuisine. You're better off using an oil with a more neutral flavour.   Smiley Wink

Thanks for the suggestion, The_Force. Will keep it in mind from now on. It was only one of the ones that we used over the years if we couldn't get a hold of the other ones. Which ones do you like to use?

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 32 of 47 (88 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Re: Favorite Recipes

Nov 3, 2013

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

- Breakfast:     Cheerios with milk, coffee, and an apple.

- Breakfast (alt):    Toast with peanut butter, small yogurt, coffee, and banana

I'll think about other meal favorites and come back.   Breakfast is usually the same more often so it was easier to think of

Come now. You live in Japan and you give us standard imperialistic cuisine. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 33 of 47 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Nov 4, 2013
Jasmine rice is the best. I use 2 cups of water and 1 cup of jasmine rice. Heat for 30 minutes, bring to a boil then set the oven to low for the rest of the time. @bob-maul
Message 34 of 47 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Nov 4, 2013

userusb wrote:
Jasmine rice is the best. I use 2 cups of water and 1 cup of jasmine rice. Heat for 30 minutes, bring to a boil then set the oven to low for the rest of the time. @bob-maul

Thanks. I know how to cook rice haha. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 35 of 47 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4356 posts

Nov 4, 2013
I'm really craving some pizza right now... XD
Message 36 of 47 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
683 posts

Nov 4, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:

THE_FORCE wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

Ingredients list

Olive Oil

Box9 I would never use Olive oil in any Asian cuisine whether it be Chinese, Indian or Japanese.... not just because of it's slightly lower smoking point, but because it's prominent flavour doesn't lend itself well to the ingredients associated with this type of cuisine. You're better off using an oil with a more neutral flavour.   Smiley Wink

Thanks for the suggestion, The_Force. Will keep it in mind from now on. It was only one of the ones that we used over the years if we couldn't get a hold of the other ones. Which ones do you like to use?

In the UK, many Chinese restaurants use Peanut oil which gives the authentic BCR flavour (British Chinese Restaurant) so I tend to use either this or a vegetable or sunflower oil for stir-frys, chow meins, fried rices etc. 

I also add a small amount of MSG near the end of cooking for an authentic 'take-away' taste.(you don't need to add as much salt for seasoning by adding the MSG Smiley Happy )

For Indian cuisine I use, again, just a vegetable or sunflower oil, so as not to conflict with the spices and herbs.

Olive Oil I reserve mainly for Mediterranean cuisine. Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 47 (73 Views)
MVP Support
14109 posts

Nov 4, 2013

THE_FORCE wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

THE_FORCE wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

Ingredients list

Olive Oil

In the UK, many Chinese restaurants use Peanut oil which gives the authentic BCR flavour (British Chinese Restaurant) so I tend to use either this or a vegetable or sunflower oil for stir-frys, chow meins, fried rices etc. 

I also add a small amount of MSG near the end of cooking for an authentic 'take-away' taste.(you don't need to add as much salt for seasoning by adding the MSG Smiley Happy )

For Indian cuisine I use, again, just a vegetable or sunflower oil, so as not to conflict with the spices and herbs.

Olive Oil I reserve mainly for Mediterranean cuisine. Smiley Happy

Thanks for the info, The_Force. I generally try to order Chinese Food without MSG though, since I'm rather sensitive to it. As for the oils, will keep those in mind when making chop suey in the future.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 38 of 47 (70 Views)
MVP Support
14109 posts

Nov 4, 2013

rengle598 wrote:
I'm really craving some pizza right now... XD

Nice. I'm getting one tonight. Will share some with you guys in thread Robot Happy.

Message 39 of 47 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
683 posts

Nov 4, 2013
You've made me crave Pizza now! XD
Message 40 of 47 (60 Views)
0 Likes