Apr 01 2013
By: itsnotozzyitsozz Uncharted Territory 1468 posts

Favorite Decade of Media?

6 replies 86 views Edited Apr 1, 2013

And why?

You can choose any decade that included media. The 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's, even 2010's if thats your favorite.

Please explain why, and you can choose different decades for different media. For example, I loved 90's video games, but most of my favorite movies and music were from the 70's/80's. But my favorite tv shows were from the 90's as well.

Why? Doesn't have to be detailed, simply because I thought the music in the 70's/80's was a lot more up beat sounding. The games in the 90's were my favorite simply because thats when I started gaming, and because games like mario and donkey kong were the main games back then. Loved the N64, loved the PSX, played and enjoyed the Dreamcast, and much more.

TV shows from the 90's simply because I grew up watching them. Not only cartoons, but boy meets world, prince of bel air, and, of course, full house Smiley Wink I loved disney movies from the 90's, but I also enjoyed disney movies from the 50's and up. Including ones like pinnochio and such. But my FAVS are from the 90's, Tarzan, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast. Movies I simply grew up watching and hold special place in my life, its called my childhood, lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 1 of 7 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Re: Favorite Decade of Media?

Apr 2, 2013

90s and Early 00s.

WHY?

Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, and Cartoon Network were at the top of their game. The greatest they've ever been.

Video games were purely epic, fun to play,and awesome. They were fun and happy, not dark and depressing and about death 24/7.

Kids got outside and played and didn't sit on their phones and stuff 24/7. (so annoying...xD )

I could turn on the t.v. and put the remote down, and not have to worry about changing the channel because something bad or inappropriate wouldn't come up.

Hollywood and t.v. didn't try to make us kids grow up too fast like they do nowadays.

Those were the best of times in my opinion. I can't really say for anything before that, because I wasn't born then.

Message 2 of 7 (78 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39470 posts

Apr 2, 2013

1980's, BEST DECADE FOR EVERYTHING!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 7 (74 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Quantum Leap @Brit-KO Smiley Wink
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 7 (69 Views)
Fender Bender
2853 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Well since I'm an 80's baby, of course I'm going to like everything from the 90's! The music and cartoons were the best. Of course the original Power Rangers was just awesomeness.
I miss rugrats, recess, doug, all those 'one Saturday morning' cartoons!! Spiderman, xmen, GARGOYELS!
For tv: FULL HOUSE!! And I can't believe boy meets world got mentioned! I loved that show! I liked family matters a lot too. And of course fresh prince of bel air.
Message 5 of 7 (63 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Well, I remember media from the early 2000s pretty well, so I guess I would go with that. I like watching older things as well, and think the 90s and 70s look the most interesting.

Message 6 of 7 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2696 posts

Apr 3, 2013

I'm 90's biased, so I'm going to say the 90s lol.

I'm an 80's baby, so I grew up on 90s TV.  Watching Ninja Turtles everyday after school.  I remember every sunday night watching the Simpsons and Married with Children.  WWF wrestling was a big part of my childhood.  I still call it by that name lol.  Attidude era was way better than today's "WWE" PG John Cena garbage.  Today, I don't watch much TV.  Other than sports,  I only watch w/e on Netflix.

I took the music for granted.  I like 90s music now, more than I did at the time.  GTA San Andreas reminded me of how cool the music was back then lol.  I remember in first grade, singing the Bell Biv Devo "Poison" song out loud with a friend during recess.  Like we were in a music video.  That's how dorky we were lol.  Nirvana was the first band I actually liked.  I didn't realize that until now lol.

90s video games I choose as the best.  Most of my favorite franchises came from that decade.  From Street Fighter, Tekken, to Gran Turismo.  I miss arcade machines from the 90s.  These days, people play their games online.  They trash talk behind a TV screen.  Back then they wouldn't dare to act tough in person.  I remember seeing an arcade machine in every 7/11, liqour store, taco shop, and laundromat lol.  People would crowd up just play SF2 and MK against each other.

Playstation one and N64 was a lot of fun.  My first FF and MGS game was on PS1.  Goldeneye 64, I had so much fun on that one.  StarFox 64 was probably my all time favorite N64 game.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 7 of 7 (36 Views)
0 Likes