Uncharted Territory
1996 posts

Re: Fav Books/Comics...if you read...lol

Jun 8, 2003

,Chickgamer wrote:

I read the Anne Rice 'Vampire Chronicles' and a book by Amelia Atwater Rhodes called In the Forest of the Night. (It's also about vampires) For comics-I used to collect the Catwoman series but they stopped selling them near me so I can't get them. I also have Spiderman comics and X-men comics. I tried reading the Resident Evil series but I'd just rather play the game.  Still, it is gorier in the story. I also read the T*witch series when I'm not busy playing games. 

Nice selection! haha, I just started reading Anne Rice, and they are awesome. How is that Forest of the Night book? I was thinking about trying it out (so it online somewhere), but keep forgetting to.
Message 31 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
640 posts

Jun 9, 2003
The Vampire Chronicles are great. My fave would definitly have to be The Vampire Lestat because it told of how he was made and by who and what all happened before Interview with the Vampire. I'm thinking about reading Merrick or the Vampire Armand.  Have you seen Interview with the Vampire or Queen of the Damned? If you didn't see Queen of the Damned, I'm just warning you-it's nothing like the book and they mix things up. It was still okay but I couldn't get passed the parts they **** with.  Uh-Uh, not cool. In the Forest of the NIght is a good book too. I recommend it.

Message 32 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6907 posts

Jun 9, 2003

Comics: Spiderman, Deadpool, Spawn, Batman, and many others...

Books: Mein Kemph (Adolph Hitler), LotR trilogy (tolkien of course), and Satanic Verses (Salmon Rushdie)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A good friend will bail you out of jail, a best friend is the one sitting beside you saying, "Dude, that was cool!"
Message 33 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
821 posts

Jun 9, 2003

,Trinity_JeanGrey wrote:

Yah, my books: Anita Blake vampire hunter series, and HP series

Comics: XMEN (all of them, series, graphic novels, etc.)

fav comic would be batman, and kazaar
Message 34 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5043 posts

Jun 9, 2003

,Trinity_JeanGrey wrote:

Yah, my books: Anita Blake vampire hunter series, and HP series

Comics: XMEN (all of them, series, graphic novels, etc.)

Book, The Bataan Death March

Comic, I hate them

Message 35 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1996 posts

Jun 9, 2003

,Chickgamer wrote:
The Vampire Chronicles are great. My fave would definitly have to be The Vampire Lestat because it told of how he was made and by who and what all happened before Interview with the Vampire. I'm thinking about reading Merrick or the Vampire Armand.  Have you seen Interview with the Vampire or Queen of the Damned? If you didn't see Queen of the Damned, I'm just warning you-it's nothing like the book and they mix things up. It was still okay but I couldn't get passed the parts they **** with.  Uh-Uh, not cool. In the Forest of the NIght is a good book too. I recommend it.

Yah, I've seen both of those movies and loved them (especially Interview: Brad Pitt looks so hot as a vamp!) I'll have to check out The Vampire Lestat...I don't really mind the **** parts, there seems to be ALOT of them in the books I've been reading  Kinda grown used to it...Vampire Armand? Heard of that...wasn't Armand in Queen of the Damned? I haven't seen it in a while, so I may be mixing people up...
Message 36 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
640 posts

Jun 12, 2003
Armand was the one who was made by Marius. He was played by Antonio Banderas in Interview with the Vampire. Brad Pitt was hot but I kinda went more for Tom Cruise as Lestat.  I think he did very well with the character. Actually, Anne Rice was very, VERY disapointed with the casting director having Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt in the movie. She didnt think they could pull it off. After she saw the movie done, she apologized to them.

Message 37 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8336 posts

Jun 12, 2003

,Trinity_JeanGrey wrote:

,Chickgamer wrote:

Yah, I've seen both of those movies and loved them (especially Interview: Brad Pitt looks so hot as a vamp!) I'll have to check out The Vampire Lestat...I don't really mind the **** parts, there seems to be ALOT of them in the books I've been reading  Kinda grown used to it...Vampire Armand? Heard of that...wasn't Armand in Queen of the Damned? I haven't seen it in a while, so I may be mixing people up...

You love vampires don't you?.....Yeah he's in it

Message Edited by Deathvayne on 06-12-2003 06:51 AM

Message 38 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
640 posts

Jun 14, 2003
I still haveta wonder tho. Did they even ask Tom Cruise to come back as Lestat? It wasnt that easy for me to get into the movie in the beginning of Queen of the Damned.

Message 39 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8336 posts

Jun 14, 2003

,Chickgamer wrote:
I still haveta wonder tho. Did they even ask Tom Cruise to come back as Lestat? It wasnt that easy for me to get into the movie in the beginning of Queen of the Damned.

They might of but he might of said no to it. I think they did ask him to play.
Message 40 of 45 (1 View)
0 Likes