Re: Famous people

Dec 10, 2012
Message 31 of 62 (155 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Dec 10, 2012

I was a bit younger then but so were they. Smiley Tongue That was a great free concert and I got to meet the band and eat some real food. No MREs or C-rats for celebrities. I also won a $60 prepaid phone card. Those were essential then cell phones weren't as popular (or small) and you needed phone cards to keep in touch. Especially if you were deployed.

Message 32 of 62 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Wow, those are OLD.

I can tell by the BDUs.

Tried to pull off the Stache Eh?

JK Smiley Wink

Hootie sings country now right?

That Iraq 1?

Moble

Message 33 of 62 (152 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Dec 10, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Wow, those are OLD.

I can tell by the BDUs.

JK Smiley Wink

That Iraq 1?

Moble

Yep those are old. I still have the 'stache Smiley Mad Last I heard Hootie (Darius Rucker) won a bunch of awards for his country music. That was Hungary. I was deployed in support of "Operation Joint Endeavor" A NATO peacekeeping mission for Bosnia.

Message 34 of 62 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 10, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Wow, those are OLD.

I can tell by the BDUs.

JK Smiley Wink

That Iraq 1?

Moble

Yep those are old. I still have the 'stache Smiley Mad Last I heard Hootie (Darius Rucker) won a bunch of awards for his country music. That was Hungary. I was deployed in support of "Operation Joint Endeavor" A NATO peacekeeping mission for Bosnia.

Yeah, that's old alright.

I gave the Army a thought.  Went down to Fort Jackson for a few weeks.  We agreed to disagree.  joining the service at 23, turned out to be not such a hot idea. Smiley Very Happy

Moble

Message 35 of 62 (142 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Dec 10, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Wow, those are OLD.

I can tell by the BDUs.

JK Smiley Wink

That Iraq 1?

Moble

I gave the Army a thought.  Went down to Fort Jackson for a few weeks.  We agreed to disagree.  joining the service at 23, turned out to be not such a hot idea. Smiley Very Happy

Moble

I joined when I was 21. Smiley Tongue I knew I wanted to join in High School but after all those years of school I wasn't anxious to go right away. I wanted to enjoy myself first. I moved out of my parents house at 18 and was independent and ready to sow some oats. Smiley Very Happy

Message 36 of 62 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 10, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Wow, those are OLD.

I can tell by the BDUs.

JK Smiley Wink

That Iraq 1?

Moble

Moble

I joined when I was 21. Smiley Tongue I knew I wanted to join in High School but after all those years of school I wasn't anxious to go right away. I wanted to enjoy myself first. I moved out of my parents house at 18 and was independent and ready to sow some oats. Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, I realized I had a real problem with authority.  

My brother joined the Marines in 1999, and just got out last year.  They cut him loose for his BiPolar.  Said it made him undeployable.  There is no such thing as an undeployable Marine.  That's why they get mad at the Women when they join up for another tour, then get pregnant.

My brother took it hard though.  He was almost twelve years in, and only eight away from 75% Pension.  He still live down in NC though.

Moble

Message 37 of 62 (134 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Dec 10, 2012

12 years and cut that bites. I used to love brawling with those Lejeune (or were they Pendleton?) Jarheads in Myrtle Beach on the weekends when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg. Smiley Very Happy No I'm pretty sure Lejeune.......Doesn't he get anything?

Message 38 of 62 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 10, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

12 years and cut that bites. I used to love brawling with those Lejeune (or were they Pendleton?) Jarheads in Myrtle Beach on the weekends when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg. Smiley Very Happy No I'm pretty sure Lejeune.......Doesn't he get anything?

Yeah, he got Medical, so I think the VA got him 70%.  Still, he was bummed. (Cherry point actually, about an hour away.  He was attached to the Harrier Wing)

Although, after being deployed to Iraq 3 times, his next deployment was supposed to be 6 Months on a float, and six in country in Afghanistan.  I told him he was actually lucky, in that way.

Moble

Message 39 of 62 (122 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Dec 10, 2012
I actually used to play with Eminem when I was 3 years old. I do not remember it but apparently there are pictures somewhere I have never seen. My uncle used to date his mother back in the 70's and has been in several news stories. A UK film crew even went to my uncles house to interview him for a documentary.

Aside from that, I have met all four members of Pantera including Dimebag, Ace Frehley from Kiss and my old neighbors brother is the lead singer of a 90's rock band called Sponge who had a few hits back in the day.

Another old neighbor when I was a kid was the catcher for the Toronto Blue Jays in the 80's, Ernie Witt. I was childhood friends with his daughter.
Message 40 of 62 (113 Views)
0 Likes