Nov 30 2012
By: rramsdell Treasure Hunter 5381 posts

Famous people

61 replies 275 views Edited Nov 30, 2012

Have you guys ever met any famous people?  I've met famous athletes, like Bobby Orr, Jim Rice, etc.  Never met an actor or actress.  I would love to meet Vin Diseal or Paul Walker.  Love the Fast & Furious franchise.  Not sure, how I would act if I met movie stars, athletes are pretty much cool people and down to earth.  So, just wonder what's your experience meeting famous people?  

Message 1 of 62 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11743 posts

Re: Famous people

Nov 30, 2012

I was at a Star Wars convention one time where I got to shake hands with Kenny Baker. Basically I geeked out in his presence. He's R2-D2, after all (the bestest Star Wars personality ever). Sure there's other great characters, but I just like R2's style. Smiley Wink

I'm sure celebrities are used to different types of reactions with other people. Whether you're calm and collected or freaking out because Vin Diesel is shaving his scalp with a knife right in front of you, I can imagine they've seen it both ways. Even celebrities have their own personal favorite actors that they dream of starring alongside. Who wouldn't want to be around Al Pacino as he refers to as "Popcorn"?

Message 2 of 62 (268 Views)
Welcoming Committee
10407 posts

Nov 30, 2012

A couple of years ago, I went to a MegaFest in Atlanta, and seen some gospel singers. I've see Brown from "Meet The Browns", and a friend that was right next to me shook his hand as he passed by.

[MVP Terms and Conditions][MVP Program][My YouTube Channel]
[
Welcoming Committee][ Motivated, Vigilant, Passionate]
[My Power Shall Be Absolute! #Vergil]
Message 3 of 62 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Famous people are regular people exposed.

I hope that came out right.

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 4 of 62 (258 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Mike Valley (a professional skateboarder and actor) came to my local skatepark. It was awesome Smiley Very Happy

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 62 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Nov 30, 2012
I've met Lee Greenwood, country singer, many times, he bought me and my friends breakfast, what a blast, very interesting person.
I've met Bill Medley of the ritchous brothers, he bought me and my friends a drink. He was a most generous and friendly person, he even showed us some family pictures he had on him.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 6 of 62 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Nov 30, 2012

PYAWAKITT wrote:
I've met Lee Greenwood, country singer, many times, he bought me and my friends breakfast, what a blast, very interesting person.
I've met Bill Medley of the ritchous brothers, he bought me and my friends a drink. He was a most generous and friendly person, he even showed us some family pictures he had on him.

Yes, God Bless the USA! Awesome song  Lee Greenwood.

Message 7 of 62 (230 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Nov 30, 2012

when i was younger i used to be friends with the nephew of a famous actor. didnt even know who his uncle was until years later after we stopped hanging out due to going to different schools. he was even at his birthday parties a few times and i never knew.

thats about as close as ive come to meeting anyone famous. Smiley Very Happy

id mention names but then people could easily find out who that friend was and then find out who i am and then come and kill me. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 62 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7120 posts

Nov 30, 2012

I've met Peter Mayhew, the actor who played Chewbacca back in the original Star Wars movie. Earlier this year I saw Lamar Odom just before the Mavericks were going to play my Spurs. I should have asked to get a picture. haha

Message 9 of 62 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9175 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Not anyone you'd know. And I don't care if someone's famous. Knowing someone famous isn't something to boast about. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 10 of 62 (220 Views)
0 Likes