Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Re: FaceBook or MySpace?

Jan 2, 2007

Viva La Bam Rocks! wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

I like MySpace better, because I've never heard of FaceBook. :smileytongue:
It's my way of keeping in touch with people I know that don't have AIM, and showing off my creativity. I never use the layout sites.

And MySpace only will give you viruses if you click on the ads that are part of their page (like the ones that go on the side), or go to a spereate website devoted to MySpace.
There are no pop-ups or anything.

Not in college yet eh? I didn't know about FaceBook until I went to college. I do like FaceBook, it restricts people not in your network from your profiles. And it's usually EMO free.

On MS you can choose if your profile will be viewed by anyone or just your friends.
And I am emo (in the style sense. I don't cut myself).

In FaceBook the only people that can view your profile are people that are your friends or that are part of your network (college, high school, group, regional) And for each part you have more optional security. Many politicans have facebooks to help promote themselves. Like right now Barack Obama keeps his appearences and wishes on his facebook which is most likely ran by one of his secretaries. You can also create a group and invite people to it. People make political issue groups or "I LOVE CHINESE" groups to talk about their favorite meal. The man page keeps you updated everytime one of your friends changed something in their profiles if it's updating pictures to relationship status with "John/Jane Doe". When you upload pictures you can tag people in the photo so if you are wondering who in the hell is in that picture you just hover over the name on the bottom and it will put a box around their face.

You should at least check it out.
Photobucket
Message 42 of 56 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10336 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Facebook..... cleaner look and very professional
Message 43 of 56 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
397 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

I like MySpace better, because I've never heard of FaceBook. :smileytongue:
It's my way of keeping in touch with people I know that don't have AIM, and showing off my creativity. I never use the layout sites.

And MySpace only will give you viruses if you click on the ads that are part of their page (like the ones that go on the side), or go to a spereate website devoted to MySpace.
There are no pop-ups or anything.

Not in college yet eh? I didn't know about FaceBook until I went to college. I do like FaceBook, it restricts people not in your network from your profiles. And it's usually EMO free.

On MS you can choose if your profile will be viewed by anyone or just your friends.
And I am emo (in the style sense. I don't cut myself).

In FaceBook the only people that can view your profile are people that are your friends or that are part of your network (college, high school, group, regional) And for each part you have more optional security. Many politicans have facebooks to help promote themselves. Like right now Barack Obama keeps his appearences and wishes on his facebook which is most likely ran by one of his secretaries. You can also create a group and invite people to it. People make political issue groups or "I LOVE CHINESE" groups to talk about their favorite meal. The man page keeps you updated everytime one of your friends changed something in their profiles if it's updating pictures to relationship status with "John/Jane Doe". When you upload pictures you can tag people in the photo so if you are wondering who in the hell is in that picture you just hover over the name on the bottom and it will put a box around their face.

You should at least check it out.

Cool.
MS has groups, but it doesn't have the update thingy or the feature with the pics.
I just don't really wanna make one because none of my friends are on there and they're too loyal to MySpace. :smileytongue:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 44 of 56 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20646 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Neither
Message 45 of 56 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1088 posts

Jan 2, 2007
I like myspace cause thats what I heard of / got first.
For the Horde!!
Message 46 of 56 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3140 posts

Jan 2, 2007

superman2169 wrote:
What's your preference and why? I personally have neither, but I heard MySpace have tons of viruses.......

youtube
Message 47 of 56 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8134 posts

Jan 2, 2007
anyone wants to be my facebook friend?
Message 48 of 56 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Myspace all dayy
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 49 of 56 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 2, 2007
Facebook i have both, like people said just looks more organized and what not.  The only real complaint i have about it now is that stupid news feeed thing, thought that was going to ruin it but u can hide all that stuff so it's all good.

and wow cant believe it was 3 years ago already when i first registered on this site.
Message 50 of 56 (0 Views)
0 Likes