Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 28 2007
By: RestingLegend55 Treasure Hunter 6249 posts

FINALLY... I BEAT IT! GOW ACT 3 ON HARD... LOL SAD I KNOW!

18 replies 2 views Edited Mar 28, 2007
This may be the saddest thing you've ever read and it may be noobish (I don't even use that word... until now), I've had this game since launch and I'm just now beating Act 3 on Hard Mode... that is sad especially since Hard Mode really isn't Hard for most people. Hell it wasn't hard in the beggining until I ot here and strange when I beat it today it was easy as heck.

I finally beat Gears of War Act 3 on Hard Mode! It took me months to beat it, I decided to say aww **bleep** it and didn't pick it up... then I got it out today after seeing all these Gears of War posts and played it.... I plugged in my iPod put on 3 A.M. from Young Jeezy and took that sniper rifle and plucked those drones one buy one... when I couldn't find anymore I went into the pumping station then I saw mor guess what I did... I ran off like a little biaaaatch! And went into my sniper position to pluck'em, at first I was like was this hardmode, then the achievement popped up yep hardmode. Yay finally I completed my goal of getting past that level now I can continue my fun of curb stomping... damn it's been a while what are the enemies called I know Berserkers, and Drones, and Boomers what are the others called... Grunts? Oh well yes I know it's sad it's taken me this long to try to beat Act 3 and it's noobish of me to post this but c'mon I'm proud now I can continue the game until I have to fight Raam on Hard Mode this time... after I beat it, I'm going for INSANE MODE!

I have a question though, on a scale of 1-10 how hard is INSANE MODE, 1 being easy 10 being hard as **bleep**. I'm totally noobing out right now so feel free to insult me, I'm just so happy I hope I get better skill after Hard Mode and Insane I won't play online until I beat those two modes.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5734 posts

Re: FINALLY... I BEAT IT! GOW ACT 3 ON HARD... LOL SAD I KNOW!

Mar 28, 2007
6 with co op

8 by urself
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5118 posts

Mar 28, 2007
Congrats well going from casual to hardcore is a pretty hard change but going from hardcore to insane isnt that bad because your used to taking alot of covor. on casual u really dont need that much covor so thats why it would be hard. but act 3 and 4 on insane is pretty hard i have to warn ya but if u get a buddy and go co op it makes it a little easier and more funner IMO
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Mar 28, 2007
its easier with another person and more fun
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14324 posts

Mar 28, 2007
i started playing hard more by myself once.... befor i made it out of the prison my team mate chnarged the enemy about 20 times and got downed.... its so much easier when playing with real people....  its like the enemies intenlgence goes up... but your team members dont...
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3737 posts

Mar 28, 2007
i'm on insane mode now. you can get killed by 3 shots of a locust gun (up close, burst), or by one melee attack by them (took 2 before). the hardest thing is you cant pop your head up too much and it takes a lot more to take them down.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4587 posts

Mar 28, 2007
well I had some places where I needed help on INSANE, but by myself I would say it was an 8 on difficulty
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3737 posts

Mar 28, 2007

sony-next-gen wrote:

SSJ3Cloud wrote:
Congrats well going from casual to hardcore is a pretty hard change but going from hardcore to insane isnt that bad because your used to taking alot of covor. on casual u really dont need that much covor so thats why it would be hard. but act 3 and 4 on insane is pretty hard i have to warn ya but if u get a buddy and go co op it makes it a little easier and more funner IMO

Only one of my friends has a 360... he doesn't own Gears though, I'm just gonna have to rely on stealth tatctics and stuff like that... I wish the AI in your friends was better, I swore up and down if Dom went into the dark one more time I was gonna kill him myself, when I was playing the dark level.

dom does the most annoying **bleep** especially on hardcore and insane

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4587 posts

Mar 28, 2007

socomplayer8 wrote:

sony-next-gen wrote:

SSJ3Cloud wrote:

Only one of my friends has a 360... he doesn't own Gears though, I'm just gonna have to rely on stealth tatctics and stuff like that... I wish the AI in your friends was better, I swore up and down if Dom went into the dark one more time I was gonna kill him myself, when I was playing the dark level.

dom does the most annoying **bleep** especially on hardcore and insane

yeah he does
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6249 posts

Mar 28, 2007

SSJ3Cloud wrote:

An 8 huh? Oh wait a sec, I do have a friend who has this game, we haven't communicated in like a year guess he still knows who I am, we only played Halo 2 online like 400 times and I always sucked.

Message Edited by sony-next-gen on 03-27-2007 07:41 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes