Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Re: External Hard Drives!

Dec 2, 2006

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Overclocked Cellist wrote:
Unless you're doing intense gaming or you need your OS to start up in like a second flat, 10,000 RPM really isn't needed. 7200RPM reads the fastest USB can transfer anyway.

I am doing intense gaming.  My 10,000 revolutions per minute internal hard drive will be arriving on Wednesday as one of my Christmas presents.  I would like an external one as well!

Why would you be gaming? I thought you were smart enough to avoid that brain rotting time wasters.

A high RPM drive won't benefit you. You'll need a FW800 port to get some decent speed.

And for anyone that is seriously interested, you could put a internal drive in a large external enclosure (you'll need a large for fans..).

think different
Message 41 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7685 posts

Dec 2, 2006

sthpark7791 wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Unless you're doing intense gaming or you need your OS to start up in like a second flat, 10,000 RPM really isn't needed. 7200RPM reads the fastest USB can transfer anyway.

I am doing intense gaming.  My 10,000 revolutions per minute internal hard drive will be arriving on Wednesday as one of my Christmas presents.  I would like an external one as well!

Why would you be gaming? I thought you were smart enough to avoid that brain rotting time wasters.

A high RPM drive won't benefit you. You'll need a FW800 port to get some decent speed.

And for anyone that is seriously interested, you could put a internal drive in a large external enclosure (you'll need a large for fans..).

I am seriously interested, and the link in my first post is what you described.  Also, video games do not rot the brain.  It has been proven that stress can cause ill effects on the body.  If I did not play games, I would never do anything that would relieve my stress!
Message 42 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14288 posts

Dec 2, 2006

PikachuSnowman wrote:

sthpark7791 wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

I am seriously interested, and the link in my first post is what you described.  Also, video games do not rot the brain.  It has been proven that stress can cause ill effects on the body.  If I did not play games, I would never do anything that would relieve my stress!

Why dont you go and run outside, that should help.
Message 43 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7685 posts

Dec 2, 2006

Tropic wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

sthpark7791 wrote:

PikachuSnowman wrote:

Why dont you go and run outside, that should help.

That is not fun for me!
Message 44 of 44 (0 Views)
0 Likes