Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/19/2012
Offline
160 posts
 

Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Nov 13, 2012

No one can replace Bruce Campbell as Ash. Yes quit making remakes. Hail to the King Baby,.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 20 (125 Views)
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34138 posts
 

Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Nov 14, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

they need to stop remaking these classic movies. 90% of the time they are flops that do no justice to the original.

Red Dawn, Evil Dead, Carrie... yes, they are remaking Carrie.



Haven't seen the trailer for the new Evil Dead yet but might check out Carrie.  I think it was remade a few years ago as a TV movie or something.


what annoys me about the Carrie remake is that they casted Chloe Grace Moretz as Carrie. girl is only 15, barley even in high school herself.

and im sure the movie will be all "hur durr bullying is bad".


Meh, I think Chloe is one of the better younger actors/actresses out there so I expect a good/decent performance on her part at the very least.  And 15, so what?  If a mid-late 20s/early 30 year old can play a high schooler, why can't someone younger? Smiley Very Happy

 

I've always hated the whole 'bullying' aspect in movies/shows (that people stand for that crap and 'bystanders' let it happen) and I know they're going to really try and drive the message home since it's been such a bigger problem lately.  I guess this new one will be 'modern day' with cyber-bullying and such being used?


20 year olds playing highschoolers is better than tweens playing highschoolers.

a 20-30 year old could look younger than they are(first hand experience righ here), but a young person cant really look older, infact Chole looks like she could be 12. Smiley Tongue


Message 12 of 20 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Nov 14, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Sad, truly sad.  Bruce Campbell was and IS Evil Dead.  I am sure of it now; I will NOT be seeing the new Evil Dead.

 


How bad can it be? Bruce Campbell is one of the Producers and has been busy promoting the film.


Good info.  I did not look at the liner notes, and I was not aware Campbell was involved.  Think he just wants more money, maybe?  It is possible Burn Notice doesn't pay out much.

 

I think I will still avoid it.  I am not squeamish, but I tend to avoid the all-out gore movies.  I never saw, and probably won't see movies like: Hostile (1 or 2 or 3 or etc), House of a Thousand Corpses, and will definitely never see The Human Centipede.

 

There are just some things I do not need to see.  I like violent action movies, and even violent horror movies, but when it just becomes a contest to see who can make the most disturbing movie, I just don't watch.

 

BTW, from what I understand, based on the things I have been told, The Human Centipede takes the prize of being one of the most disturbing movies of all time.  Not good, just disturbing.

 

Moble

Message 13 of 20 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Nov 14, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

they need to stop remaking these classic movies. 90% of the time they are flops that do no justice to the original.

Red Dawn, Evil Dead, Carrie... yes, they are remaking Carrie.


Red Dawn is switching out the Soviets for the Chinese right?  Kind of getting tired of all the 'Chinese' stuff in movies/shows.

 

Haven't seen the trailer for the new Evil Dead yet but might check out Carrie.  I think it was remade a few years ago as a TV movie or something.

 

I thought The Thing was pretty decent/good as it served as a prequel.  My cousin said he didn't like it but I'm not sure if he saw the original.  It was nice to see how things got started and then lead into the 2nd movie (or the 1st depending on how you want to phrase it).

 

Hollywood needs to step away from the remakes though.  Sometimes, I'm not bothered with them not doing justice to the original if they can bring something of their own to the table (for instance, I did enjoy the new Total Recall) and keep my interest but it's getting to be a bit much with what they're going at.  They're going in a bit too hard.  Footloose?  I think they're supposed to be remaking Child's Play (Chucky) and Hellraiser too (the former I think is supposed to have another sequel though too).  We've already seen Halloween, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw & Nightmare on Elm Street remakes.  Are they going to run the gauntlet on the all the horror movies?


Is it the Chinese, or the North Koreans?  They look Korean, so if it is supposed to be the Chinese, they cast the wrong nationality in the movie.

 

Moble

Message 14 of 20 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42141 posts
 

Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Nov 14, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Is it the Chinese, or the North Koreans?  They look Korean, so if it is supposed to be the Chinese, they cast the wrong nationality in the movie.

Moble


Just Wiki'd it and it says:

 

"The invading army was changed from Chinese to North Korean in post-production."

 

So...what the hell? Smiley Indifferent

 


Message 15 of 20 (110 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Nov 14, 2012

EvilrCrow wrote:

No one can replace Bruce Campbell as Ash. Yes quit making remakes. Hail to the King Baby,.


"Well hello Mr. Fancy Pants.  I got news for you pal; you ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and **bleep**.  Jack left town."

 

I figured you would like this thread EvilCrow. Smiley Wink  Just a hunch. LOL

 

Moble

Message 16 of 20 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42141 posts
 

Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Nov 14, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:
Good info.  I did not look at the liner notes, and I was not aware Campbell was involved.  Think he just wants more money, maybe?  It is possible Burn Notice doesn't pay out much.

 

I think I will still avoid it.  I am not squeamish, but I tend to avoid the all-out gore movies.  I never saw, and probably won't see movies like: Hostile (1 or 2 or 3 or etc), House of a Thousand Corpses, and will definitely never see The Human Centipede.

 

There are just some things I do not need to see.  I like violent action movies, and even violent horror movies, but when it just becomes a contest to see who can make the most disturbing movie, I just don't watch.

 

BTW, from what I understand, based on the things I have been told, The Human Centipede takes the prize of being one of the most disturbing movies of all time.  Not good, just disturbing.

 

Moble


Sam Raimi is also involved.

 

I'm not big on the 'Hostile' like movies either (horror porn I think is what they're called).  Just doesn't really click with me.  Same with the SAW movies.  I thought 1 & 2 were decent but then they just went overboard with them and the flashbacks just killed following the story for me.  Haven't seen Human Centipede and kind of doubt I ever will =\


Message 17 of 20 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/05/2012
Offline
196 posts
 

Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Nov 14, 2012
I will stick with the Bruce Campbell version every time someone tries to remake the classic B movies they mess them up. Evil Dead is not Evil Dead if there is no Bruce.
Message 18 of 20 (106 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 08/04/2009
Offline
7089 posts
 

Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Nov 14, 2012

I wasn't aware of this, so I'll have to learn more about it.  It certainly doesn't sound good from what OP described, but if Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi are involved significantly, it should be good.

 


moblesuit75 wrote:

... 

Share if you like though, what is your favorite desert?  LOL Smiley LOL

 

Moble


Odd question but I guess... the Atacama Desert Smiley Wink.

Message 19 of 20 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Nov 14, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

I wasn't aware of this, so I'll have to learn more about it.  It certainly doesn't sound good from what OP described, but if Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi are involved significantly, it should be good.

 


moblesuit75 wrote:

... 

Share if you like though, what is your favorite desert?  LOL Smiley LOL

 

Moble


Odd question but I guess... the Atacama Desert Smiley Wink.


LOL, actually, I was making light of an earlier thread I created, questioning the purpose of some threads that were circling around the Off-Topic.

 

There were threads asking what your favorite "anything" was, and they were getting massive attention.  Seemed silly, but I wanted to know the end game for them.  I didn't know if they were stat padding efforts or what.

 

It is the off-topic, so I figure anything goes, but some of them really were silly.  Just figured I would throw that grenade out there, LOL Smiley Very Happy

 

I actually love me some Key Lime Pie.  Its delicious!

 

Moble

Message 20 of 20 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes