Nov 13 2012
By: moblesuit75 Treasure Hunter 4421 posts

Evil Dead (2013)

19 replies 162 views Edited Nov 13, 2012

I eluded to this in another thread, so bear with me if you have read my similar reference to this.

WHY?  Has anyone seen the trailer for this yet.  You have to check out the red ban trailer.  The movie is all gore, and horror, with no witty quips.  No Bruce Campbell, and no cheesiness.

I thought it was great when they made Evil Dead on a low budget.  Then they got an extra $20 and made Evil Dead 2 (same exact movie).  That was great.  The movies were great.  Even Army of Darkness was great.

Why now, have they gone and remade a movie into exactly what it wasn't before?

Just looking to see if anyone else feels the same way as I do?

As far as game talk or not, it seems slow out here today, so I figured, what the heck.  It is still the Off-Topic Section anyway.  Besides, at least I am not asking what everyone's favorite desert is.

Share if you like though, what is your favorite desert?  LOL Smiley LOL

Moble

Message 1 of 20 (162 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Nov 13, 2012

they need to stop remaking these classic movies. 90% of the time they are flops that do no justice to the original.

Red Dawn, Evil Dead, Carrie... yes, they are remaking Carrie.

Message 2 of 20 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Nov 13, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

they need to stop remaking these classic movies. 90% of the time they are flops that do no justice to the original.

Didn't they just remake Carrie a few years ago?

I agree though.  Remakes often muddle the story and do indeed flop.

Although I have not seen it yet, someone told me the remake of The Thing, actually wasn't a remake.  It turns out it is a prequel.  I still have to see it.

I loved John Carpenter movies growing up, and The Thing is one of my all time favorites.  Something about Carpenter's self written scores, made with a synthesizer, added an eerie twist to them all.  Christine was another one.  Great movie, great score!

Still, I do not think it was necessary to remake Evil Dead, especially with how it looks now.  I don't care what advances have been made in special effects.  Sometimes, the raw, low quality effects were what made these movies great.  To take it further, when a movie creator could not viably make a scene work, they just left it to the imagination.  Sometimes that is even better.

Moble

Message 3 of 20 (154 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Nov 13, 2012

The Thing was actually pretty good. that was one of the few remakes that did justice to the original.

and i loved Evil Dead. it was cheesey at times and comical, and Bruce Campbell is what made the movie.

the remake looks to be just your typical "group of teenagers in a scary situation" type of movie.

Message 4 of 20 (147 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Nov 13, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

The Thing was actually pretty good. that was one of the few remakes that did justice to the original.

and i loved Evil Dead. it was cheesey at times and comical, and Bruce Campbell is what made the movie.

the remake looks to be just your typical "group of teenagers in a scary situation" type of movie.

Agreed.  It seems they just want to remake movies with all the beautiful people nowadays.  Sad, truly sad.  Bruce Campbell was and IS Evil Dead.  I am sure of it now; I will NOT be seeing the new Evil Dead.

Evil DUD! (2013)

Moble

Message 5 of 20 (145 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28881 posts

Nov 13, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Sad, truly sad.  Bruce Campbell was and IS Evil Dead.  I am sure of it now; I will NOT be seeing the new Evil Dead.

How bad can it be? Bruce Campbell is one of the Producers and has been busy promoting the film.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 6 of 20 (140 Views)
Shinra Executive
42173 posts

Nov 13, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

Red Dawn is switching out the Soviets for the Chinese right?  Kind of getting tired of all the 'Chinese' stuff in movies/shows.

Haven't seen the trailer for the new Evil Dead yet but might check out Carrie.  I think it was remade a few years ago as a TV movie or something.

I thought The Thing was pretty decent/good as it served as a prequel.  My cousin said he didn't like it but I'm not sure if he saw the original.  It was nice to see how things got started and then lead into the 2nd movie (or the 1st depending on how you want to phrase it).

Hollywood needs to step away from the remakes though.  Sometimes, I'm not bothered with them not doing justice to the original if they can bring something of their own to the table (for instance, I did enjoy the new Total Recall) and keep my interest but it's getting to be a bit much with what they're going at.  They're going in a bit too hard.  Footloose?  I think they're supposed to be remaking Child's Play (Chucky) and Hellraiser too (the former I think is supposed to have another sequel though too).  We've already seen Halloween, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw & Nightmare on Elm Street remakes.  Are they going to run the gauntlet on the all the horror movies?

Message 7 of 20 (136 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Nov 13, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Haven't seen the trailer for the new Evil Dead yet but might check out Carrie.  I think it was remade a few years ago as a TV movie or something.

what annoys me about the Carrie remake is that they casted Chloe Grace Moretz as Carrie. girl is only 15, barley even in high school herself.

and im sure the movie will be all "hur durr bullying is bad".

Message 8 of 20 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shinra Executive
42173 posts

Nov 13, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

what annoys me about the Carrie remake is that they casted Chloe Grace Moretz as Carrie. girl is only 15, barley even in high school herself.

and im sure the movie will be all "hur durr bullying is bad".

Meh, I think Chloe is one of the better younger actors/actresses out there so I expect a good/decent performance on her part at the very least.  And 15, so what?  If a mid-late 20s/early 30 year old can play a high schooler, why can't someone younger? Smiley Very Happy

I've always hated the whole 'bullying' aspect in movies/shows (that people stand for that crap and 'bystanders' let it happen) and I know they're going to really try and drive the message home since it's been such a bigger problem lately.  I guess this new one will be 'modern day' with cyber-bullying and such being used?

Message 9 of 20 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Nov 13, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Has anyone seen the trailer for this yet.

No.

moblesuit75 wrote:

The movie is all gore, and horror, with no witty quips.  No Bruce Campbell, and no cheesiness.

I dislike scary movies. c:

moblesuit75 wrote:

what is your favorite desert?

Chocolate cake, or just chocolate... maybe a chocolate milk shake... vanilla ice cream.

Message 10 of 20 (129 Views)