Jul 08 2013
By: JonathanCarabalo Lombax Warrior 220 posts

Era of the Mega Sellers - coming up

3 replies 68 views Edited Jul 8, 2013

Prediction - the next generation, with a total installed user base of 400 million, will be the era of the Mega Sellers.  Modern Warfare 3 sold 27.64 million copies on an installed user base of about 155.64 million between both consoles.  The same ratio that we have of copies of Modern Warfare 3 to the total combined installed user base of all current-gen platforms, would give 71 million total sales for the next-generation.  Mega Sellers. 

In fact, I predict 100 million sellers.  For the next-generation.  "You're the man now dog!" 

Message 1 of 4 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: Era of the Mega Sellers - coming up

Jul 8, 2013

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

Prediction - the next generation, with a total installed user base of 400 million, will be the era of the Mega Sellers.  Modern Warfare 3 sold 27.64 million copies on an installed user base of about 155.64 million between both consoles.  The same ratio that we have of copies of Modern Warfare 3 to the total combined installed user base of all current-gen platforms, would give 71 million total sales for the next-generation.  Mega Sellers. 

In fact, I predict 100 million sellers.  For the next-generation.  "You're the man now dog!" 

400 million is a tad large of an install base. Especially if we are tossing the Wii U out the window.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 4 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

And I also think a game selling 100 million copies is absurd. I would say that we will have to wait a number of years for the younger generation of people to grow up. The current 25 year olds that play games will hopefully still play them with their kids whereas the parents of 15 years ago rarely would.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 3 of 4 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jul 9, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

400 million is a tad large of an install base. Especially if we are tossing the Wii U out the window.

I guess time will tell.  We're going to be seeing at least 200 million for Playstation 4 and Xbox 3, that much is for sure.  Given that Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 have about 150 million between the two. 

Message 4 of 4 (43 Views)
0 Likes