Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

Re: End for man?

Dec 18, 2006

-soprano wrote:
Scientists have calculated when the world will end for humans.

It will be October 31, 2,252,006 - more than two-and-a-quarter million years away.

These scientists are off by about 2,251,000 years.  Most people will be gone within 20 years.  The rest will be gone within 1020 years.
Message 21 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 18, 2006

-soprano wrote:

It will be October 31, 2,252,006 - more than two-and-a-quarter million years away.

European geologists and palaeontologists came up with the date after studying 22million years-worth of fossils from Spain.

The team confirmed that mammal species have an average lifespan of 2.5 million years. Modern man has already been around for 250,000 years.

The team led by Jan Van Dam, of Utrecht University, discovered every 2.5 million years there is a blip in the Earth's orbit caused by astronomical influences.

This prevents the Earth getting as close to the sun as needed triggering cooling on a huge scale.

According to Nature Journal, the resulting ice age would wipe out human life.

Notice what the date. October 31

we have a metero headed stright for us called RD-80 which is made our of porsite rock which is about 100X denser then regular meteorite material and we currently have no way to stop it no even an atom bomb could possible deflect it it will hit in about 300-600 years and its about the size of texas

Message Edited by GAMEA on 12-17-2006 09:59 PM

Message Edited by GAMEA on 12-17-2006 10:00 PM
Photobucket
Message 22 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18074 posts

Dec 18, 2006

DrGadget wrote:

-soprano wrote:

These scientists are off by about 2,251,000 years.  Most people will be gone within 20 years.  The rest will be gone within 1020 years.

What?

Message 23 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5818 posts

Dec 18, 2006
People are going to drop dead trick-or-treating. How sweet.

Can you see.. Arbiter ? The moment of salvation.. is upon us.
Message 24 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

Dec 18, 2006

banedraven wrote:

-soprano wrote:

European geologists and palaeontologists came up with the date after studying 22million years-worth of fossils from Spain.

The team confirmed that mammal species have an average lifespan of 2.5 million years. Modern man has already been around for 250,000 years.

The team led by Jan Van Dam, of Utrecht University, discovered every 2.5 million years there is a blip in the Earth's orbit caused by astronomical influences.

This prevents the Earth getting as close to the sun as needed triggering cooling on a huge scale.

Well, the October 31 thing means nothing really, it's just another crap holiday that people mad up ya know. It's not set in stone, that day wasn't born evil, and in reality, no one kept up with days and stuff like that, way back when we were still grunting, slamming sticks together to conversate. Anyway, the "male" species might not be around too much longer. Thanks for the Y chromosome weakening in our DNA. Men are becoming more feminine in appearance and emotions. Also, woman are better evolved to survive in the future, and might evolve into an asexual creature. There are several creatures that reproduce asexualy. Women use more of their brain power, and only the most well adapted will make it into unforgiving chain of evolution.

Yeah, I've heard that one before.  I'll believe it when I see it.
Message 25 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Dec 18, 2006

-soprano wrote:

Well, the October 31 thing means nothing really, it's just another crap holiday that people madeup ya know. It's not set in stone, that day wasn't born evil, and in reality, no one kept up with days and stuff like that, way back when we were still grunting, slamming sticks together to conversate. Anyway, the "male" species might not be around too much longer. Thanks for the Y chromosome weakening in our DNA. Men are becoming more feminine in appearance and emotions. Also, woman are better evolved to survive in the future, and might evolve into an asexual creature. There are several creatures that reproduce asexualy. Women use more of their brain power, and only the most well adapted will make it into unforgiving chain of evolution.

Message Edited by banedraven on 12-18-2006 12:14 AM
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 26 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1898 posts

Dec 18, 2006
By that time we might have moved on after sucking the life out of the earth.
Message 27 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Dec 18, 2006

C.I.W wrote:
By that time we might have moved on after sucking the life out of the earth.

Yeah, we're making huge changes by the decades, so by 2 million years, we'll practiaclly be invincible.....
Message 28 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Dec 18, 2006

DrGadget wrote:

banedraven wrote:

-soprano wrote:

Well, the October 31 thing means nothing really, it's just another crap holiday that people mad up ya know. It's not set in stone, that day wasn't born evil, and in reality, no one kept up with days and stuff like that, way back when we were still grunting, slamming sticks together to conversate. Anyway, the "male" species might not be around too much longer. Thanks for the Y chromosome weakening in our DNA. Men are becoming more feminine in appearance and emotions. Also, woman are better evolved to survive in the future, and might evolve into an asexual creature. There are several creatures that reproduce asexualy. Women use more of their brain power, and only the most well adapted will make it into unforgiving chain of evolution.

LOL, what do you mean when you see it, in the whole of Science, most of evolution is too slow for one human life to >SEE<. I mean, we all start out as female anyway, that's a Scientific fact, I mean, were just genetically atltered women anyway. That's why we have nipples. Read up on it, and then maybe you'll understand.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 29 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7820 posts

Dec 18, 2006

banedraven wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

banedraven wrote:

-soprano wrote:

LOL, what do you mean when you see it, in the whole of Science, most of evolution is too slow for one human life to >SEE<. I mean, we all start out as female anyway, that's a Scientific fact, I mean, were just genetically atltered women anyway. That's why we have nipples. Read up on it, and then maybe you'll understand.

It makes you wonder...

Why are we male and female? Surely the most benificial thing for our entire species would be asexual reproduction rather than sexual.

I mean, it would've been benificial at the birth of humanity. It would be a major pain in the neck to have it now.

Could this be an act of an overwatching Force? To make us love?

After all, what is "love"? Is it just sexual attraction as our species attempts to multiply itself? If so, why aren't we asexual?

It's possible that we were designed with the future in mind, so we could act responsibly in the case of overpopulation. However, that thought would be on the concious mind, not the built-in instinct. If something or someone counted on the concious mind handling that, it itself must have a concious.

Anybody here read C.S. Lewis "Mere Christianity"?

Message Edited by Overclocked Cellist on 12-18-2006 12:36 AM
Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Message 30 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes