Fender Bender
4534 posts

Re: End for man?

Dec 19, 2006

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

-soprano wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:
The world will end when it ends. No one will ever be able to anticipate when it will happen. It could happen tomorrow or it could happen in an hour's time. Everything you hear in these stupid "end of the world" theories is just a load of crap.

Time will tell.

What do you mean "time will tell"? You won't be alive to test out this theory anyway so really, this theory is just a rough estimation that they threw together with their excuse being, "it happened before so it MUST happen again". Then you have millions of people around the world running around like headless chickens because they believe it will happen.

There is much validity to that theory as me saying the world will end next week. It astonishes me when people opt to believe a few scientists like they're gods and know everything.

Couldn't of said it better myself!

The world will end eventually, when nobody really knows. In the meantime I'll focus my time and efforts on the here and now, no point in worrying about something that you have no control over, right?
OTR
Message 51 of 55 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37297 posts

Dec 19, 2006

GamerGuy15 wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

-soprano wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:
The world will end when it ends. No one will ever be able to anticipate when it will happen. It could happen tomorrow or it could happen in an hour's time. Everything you hear in these stupid "end of the world" theories is just a load of crap.

Time will tell.

What do you mean "time will tell"? You won't be alive to test out this theory anyway so really, this theory is just a rough estimation that they threw together with their excuse being, "it happened before so it MUST happen again". Then you have millions of people around the world running around like headless chickens because they believe it will happen.

There is much validity to that theory as me saying the world will end next week. It astonishes me when people opt to believe a few scientists like they're gods and know everything.

Couldn't of said it better myself!

The world will end eventually, when nobody really knows. In the meantime I'll focus my time and efforts on the here and now, no point in worrying about something that you have no control over, right?

Very true.  The day after the End of the World, you won't be standing there saying "I told you so".  You will be dead like everyone else.
Message 52 of 55 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15867 posts

Dec 19, 2006
NOOOOOOO
Our little Jetson-like future-lings will die a frozen death while trick-or-treating....
Message 53 of 55 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12415 posts

Dec 19, 2006

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

-soprano wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

Time will tell.

Well do you want to know why the Earth is screwed up from pollution? We'll people like you who didn't care about the future generation didn't think about the future because they would be dead. It's up to us to make the future sure we will be dead but we could make that year a lot shorter.
Message 54 of 55 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Dec 19, 2006
that is a long time away I hope to get a ps3 by then
Message 55 of 55 (5 Views)
0 Likes