Survivor
1691 posts

Re: Encouragement

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

This thread and discussion is more appropriate in the office of a professional counselor. Not on the Playstation Home forums.

Message 41 of 91 (188 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Aug 12, 2012
encouragement is need anywhere.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 42 of 91 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

I've rarely seen someone manage to galvanize such uniform disdain for a single individual as you have bfear, congratulations sir. I am utterly shocked how even the people I usually don't care for make complete sense when speaking about you. You in a way bring us closer together and perhaps we should thank you for that. Then again I think  I'd rather just stick to feeling semi-amused and slightly disgusted.

Thanks for encouraging us to unite over something sir....you've done a good deed.

Message 43 of 91 (169 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Aug 12, 2012
just a bunch of home trolls.... you know. they always get off topic.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 44 of 91 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Aug 12, 2012

I sent the Dr. a message via email to see if he would partake in Home discussions.. I'll let you know what I hear back..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 45 of 91 (157 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Aug 12, 2012
i think he could help.

Message 46 of 91 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

Why I was completely on topic sir. Your thread is about encouragement and I thanked you for encouraging all of us to see past our petty diffferences and realize that we can sometimes agree upon something. Thank you  bfear you're helping more than you know.

Message 47 of 91 (150 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Aug 12, 2012
ok thanks? could have just said the last sentance.... lol.

take care.

Message 48 of 91 (146 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Aug 12, 2012

No, I know you didn't really understand much of the rest, but some other folks will. You take from it what you will and be happy with that. Good for you for thinking it was a compliment towards you! That's the spirit sir.

Message 49 of 91 (140 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

ImM0Zb0 wrote:

How do you think this relates to behavior on Home among individuals who act one way on the Forums, but then behave in an different manner on Home, where they make statements of violence, of slitting people's throats. Or where they are known to harass female avis, refusing any statements of "no?"

This is not "Magical Happy Land," where you can only discuss the "good" without some discussion of the "bad" creeping in.

I am NOT discussing the WELL ADDRESSED topics of Freezing or Sony. I am discussing the seemingly duplicitous disconnect between words and actions.

My personal "nice suggestion" to improve PS Home would be for people to stop professing one type of behavior while actually not doing it. As the saying goes,

"Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk."

If people on Home would give the respect to other users they profess, rather than behaving rudely and disrespecting other users, there would be no real problems on Home.

I have no problems with the people who act respectfully towards me. I respect them back equally, and even though there may be differences of opinion (which is normal between any two human beings), a mutally good time is had. The problems arise when people are rude, vulgar, and disrespectful. Such behavior is frowned upon in the Real World, and Home likewise neither appreciates nor long tolerates it. Unlike the Real World, repercussions of such behavior is not as swift as it should be, but in general, those individuals who refuse to "play nice" with others, or who say one thing, and act another, still find themselves ostracized by their peers and the community around them.

"Nothing so completely baffles one who is full of trick and duplicty himself, than straightforward and simple integrity in another."

The problem is Moz, that you stand on the inside of the rope at X7 calling people so many names. "Moron" and "Stupid" being your favorites, and the least hurtful of them.

You said :  " My personal "nice suggestion" to improve PS Home would be for people to stop professing one type of behavior while actually not doing it. As the saying goes, Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk."

You spend so much time per day trolling behind the X7 rope, and you have the gall to come to the Forums, and spout drivel?

bfear : I try very hard to comport myself in a way that identifies me as a good member of the Home Community. I know this; I produce more smiles than frowns wherever I go Smiley Happy ... I would be a fibber, if I didn't say there have been a few times that I have failed. . . Sir, no excuse, Sir

Take the time to help new people. Take the time to help "old hands". Say "hello" and "hru" to people who are not on your friends list, but whom you see all the time. Make them feel like they are indeed people on Home, not just cartoon characters.

Vote for that "mad" dolphie, which has no chance of winning, whose owner is standing all alone. When you get a cap n point THNX !, you know you've put a smile on their face (1 on mine too). 

If you hear a person who says they, or a friend or relative is very ill, or has had serious misfortune, ask them if you can say a prayer for them. 9 out of 10 times, I can "hear" the warmth and hope in their affirmative responses.

It's true that Avatars have no feelings, but the people behind the Avi do. . .  Smiley Happy

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 50 of 91 (127 Views)