Aug 12 2012
By: bfear333 I Only Post Everything 1231 posts

Encouragement

90 replies 514 views Edited Aug 12, 2012

Anywhere but more so on the internet your gonna see and hear bad things. PS home is about having fun and making friends. Helping others is a habit! I know that everybody makes mistakes, everybody falls. But its about getting up and fighting toward the light. Sometimes a kind word can make someones day on PS Home. You know I wrote lots of threads on the forums in different areas. Some of my topics have been about the bad, so in this disscusions we should just talk about the good, not about freezer and sony not caring.  But about how us as a community care. I dont know about anyone else.  but on PS Home I dont wanna be good, or better. I wanna be the best! I want people to know i care and that they can talk to me about anything. So whats your role in all this... are we gonna stay down and make people annoyed, or are we gonna make nice suggestions and discuss how to make PS Home the best social 3d interactive experience out there

*Dont listen to what anyone else says about you, only you know thy true self, as they are the ones with the problems*

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 1 of 91 (514 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Re: Encouragement

Aug 12, 2012
Good thread man
Goodbye home
Message 2 of 91 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Aug 12, 2012

I'd thought, I would never see this word on the forums!   We need to get rid of the negativity and the insults!   

Message 3 of 91 (511 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

How do you think this relates to behavior on Home among individuals who act one way on the Forums, but then behave in an different manner on Home, where they make statements of violence, of slitting people's throats. Or where they are known to harass female avis, refusing any statements of "no?"

This is not "Magical Happy Land," where you can only discuss the "good" without some discussion of the "bad" creeping in.

I am NOT discussing the WELL ADDRESSED topics of Freezing or Sony. I am discussing the seemingly duplicitous disconnect between words and actions.

My personal "nice suggestion" to improve PS Home would be for people to stop professing one type of behavior while actually not doing it. As the saying goes,

"Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk."

If people on Home would give the respect to other users they profess, rather than behaving rudely and disrespecting other users, there would be no real problems on Home.

I have no problems with the people who act respectfully towards me. I respect them back equally, and even though there may be differences of opinion (which is normal between any two human beings), a mutally good time is had. The problems arise when people are rude, vulgar, and disrespectful. Such behavior is frowned upon in the Real World, and Home likewise neither appreciates nor long tolerates it. Unlike the Real World, repercussions of such behavior is not as swift as it should be, but in general, those individuals who refuse to "play nice" with others, or who say one thing, and act another, still find themselves ostracized by their peers and the community around them.

"Nothing so completely baffles one who is full of trick and duplicty himself, than straightforward and simple integrity in another."

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 4 of 91 (481 Views)
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Aug 12, 2012

ImM0Zb0 wrote:

How do you think this relates to behavior on Home among individuals who act one way on the Forums, but then behave in an different manner on Home, where they make statements of violence, of slitting people's throats. Or where they are known to harass female avis, refusing any statements of "no?"

This is not "Magical Happy Land," where you can only discuss the "good" without some discussion of the "bad" creeping in.

I am NOT discussing the WELL ADDRESSED topics of Freezing or Sony. I am discussing the seemingly duplicitous disconnect between words and actions.

My personal "nice suggestion" to improve PS Home would be for people to stop professing one type of behavior while actually not doing it. As the saying goes,

"Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk."

If people on Home would give the respect to other users they profess, rather than behaving rudely and disrespecting other users, there would be no real problems on Home.

I have no problems with the people who act respectfully towards me. I respect them back equally, and even though there may be differences of opinion (which is normal between any two human beings), a mutally good time is had. The problems arise when people are rude, vulgar, and disrespectful. Such behavior is frowned upon in the Real World, and Home likewise neither appreciates nor long tolerates it. Unlike the Real World, repercussions of such behavior is not as swift as it should be, but in general, those individuals who refuse to "play nice" with others, or who say one thing, and act another, still find themselves ostracized by their peers and the community around them.

"Nothing so completely baffles one who is full of trick and duplicty himself, than straightforward and simple integrity in another."

Nice post ImM0Zb0, however if someone is being rude the best way to do is still remain respectful then its a win win situation. Smiley Happy

"Once A Soldier, Always A Soldier"
Message 5 of 91 (457 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

Sir_Main wrote:

Nice post ImM0Zb0, however if someone is being rude the best way to do is still remain respectful then its a win win situation. Smiley Happy

Sir Main, please elucidate.

HOW is being respectful to someone being rude considered a "win win" situation?

While being respectful to the rude person may be some form of a "win" to one's self in not lowering them to the level of the rude person, and while it may loosely be considered a "win" for the rude person in being allowed to get away with their crass and anti-social behavior towards other, it STILL is a lose for the "innocen" bystanders who neither asked for, nor deserved, the rude, abusive, and trollish behavior of the rude person in the first place...

Message 6 of 91 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2012

ImM0Zb0 wrote:

Sir_Main wrote:

Sir Main, please elucidate.

HOW is being respectful to someone being rude considered a "win win" situation?

While being respectful to the rude person may be some form of a "win" to one's self in not lowering them to the level of the rude person, and while it may loosely be considered a "win" for the rude person in being allowed to get away with their crass and anti-social behavior towards other, it STILL is a lose for the "innocen" bystanders who neither asked for, nor deserved, the rude, abusive, and trollish behavior of the rude person in the first place...

This is a social experience and most of the time the so called "trolls" are doing it for attention. By you being rude with them is what they want they want to know you are upset by them. I mean I understand this is very similar to real life however it is not. So at the end of the day do you think anyone will actually care what they say or do on here? No. However there are some who are respectful and cause no issues, just let the "trolls" be trolls. I am not trying to tell you what to do ImM0Zb0 but infront of x7 (where you normally are) expect to hear some rude things and if you truly do not care what they say or do and if you consider them "trolls" why argue with them? Smiley Happy

"Once A Soldier, Always A Soldier"
Message 7 of 91 (430 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Aug 12, 2012
Good post sir_main what you just said is what everybody should do be respectfull
Goodbye home
Message 8 of 91 (414 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Sir_Main wrote:

This is a social experience and most of the time the so called "trolls" are doing it for attention. By you being rude with them is what they want they want to know you are upset by them. I mean I understand this is very similar to real life however it is not. So at the end of the day do you think anyone will actually care what they say or do on here? No. However there are some who are respectful and cause no issues, just let the "trolls" be trolls. I am not trying to tell you what to do ImM0Zb0 but infront of x7 (where you normally are) expect to hear some rude things and if you truly do not care what they say or do and if you consider them "trolls" why argue with them? Smiley Happy

I definitely agree that most of the time, the so-called "trolls" are doing if for attention. But you are vastly mistaken in believing that any response signifies "upset." I, for one, am never upset by the so-called "trolls," as I find them MOST amusing. Unlike Real Life, their sad attempts to cause upset are a "FAIL" to me and many others.
At the end of the day, in general, most people, so-called "trolls" or not, do not care what occured on Home. BUT, I think you overly simplify things by falsely assuming "anyone." You would possibly be MOST surprised at the number of so-called "trolls" who DO actually stop and rethink their strategy, as well as their behavior on Home as a result of how their actions are perceived and responded to.
I most fully expect to see and hear some rude things at x7, but unlike many others, I do not choose to let such behavior always go unchallenged. As a result, I have seen several individuals then modify their behavior towards others, and make more of an attempt to actually interact on a more social level, lessening, and in some instances, ceasing their so-called "troll" behavior in favor of a more interactive and less confrontational one. That is one of the reasons I choose to be in front of x7 more than other public spaces on Home, as I believe we all should be able to enjoy Home without people being subjected to immature and rude abuse by stupid people who consider Home to be a game where their words and actions hold no consequence.
I actually seldom "argue" with so-called "trolls," so much as I call them on their behavior and attitude. While I personally do not care what they say, I DO care what they do, so far as the Sony Terms of Serivce go, as the rules are for EVERYONE, and the so-called "trolls" are NOT exempt from compliance because they are too lazy or stupid to read and follow them like the rest of us.

Message 9 of 91 (389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 12, 2012

way to go bfear this is the best thread you ever made. keep it up

Message 10 of 91 (368 Views)