Lombax Warrior
68 posts

Re: Elitist Users Reporting New Users

Apr 22, 2013
What made you come up with the conclusion he was trolling? He sounded pretty sincere to me..
Message 21 of 54 (274 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3915 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

MurreuKwerk wrote:
And It would be funny if that "certain" user came to this thread and said I'm "blacklisting" too! lol

2) I did have the word "Reported" in my post to let the OP know that if he intends to troll the forum, his post has been brought to the attention of Moderation.

So you're gonna go ahead and assume that anyone who only has 1 post could be trolling?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 54 (254 Views)
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Apr 22, 2013
I reported myself >_< and light..so true. Only because a person is new here doesn't mean he's trolling.
Message 23 of 54 (239 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

MurreuKwerk wrote:
I'm sorry but I just read a thread and a "certain" user claims he reported the OP just because he was apparently "blacklisting"..... My thoughts on the matter?

Well, first off, he doesn't have very many post. So he's obviously new to the forums and all of the rules. However, I'm sure now he knows better because he edited the thread and removed the names. I really think this is bad and shameful behavior from someone who post frequently on the forums. Meaning, you should be a good sport and helpful to others. Not report them on the first go round. Usually Those in the Navy are more honorable than this... well, that's all.

And It would be funny if that "certain" user came to this thread and said I'm "blacklisting" too! lol

Enough is enough.

You very slyly "blacklisted" your "elitist" user.

"obviously new" - sure, we have had a lot of "new" posters since news of  Home User Bans was posted on this Forum.

These new users have consistently blacklisted, insulted, spammed, and been way off topic. I was very leery of all these newly registered names, and behold; they have managed to derail and nearly disable the Forum. These "new" posters have certainly made many topics unreadable.

" bad and shameful behavior " ?  "Elitist" ?

Conrad is one of the very best members of Home and this Forum. For years, he has given up so much of his free time to help people on both venues. It is obvious to me, that Conrad loves Home, and enjoys helping people.

Honorable ? Conrad is probably the most honorable person I know on Home.

WIthout people like Conrad, Home and this Forum would sink into the mire. ( a thankful nod to the Mods also ) Smiley Happy

Would I have reported this brand new poster for making a list of people who allegedly broke Home's TOS ?

Of course he/she could have been PM'd. A PM they may or may not have, read for days.

So, yes, I would have reported, if I had not seen it was already taken care of.

New Poster or not, Blacklisting is harmful, and should be taken care of as soon as possible.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 24 of 54 (222 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Apr 22, 2013

I'm pretty sure people that read the post would have suggested to the OP that he removed any names included and that blacklisting is a no no here.

Always tattling on people IS NOT the way to go. That's called mini modding and every forum has one.

Seeing that it was the OP's very first post, many people forget how initmidating it might be to a new user to even create their own thread for the very first time especially if theyve see other hostile replies.

Sony pays their moderators...we dont need self appointed mods.

Message 25 of 54 (209 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

MurreuKwerk wrote:

1) I'm the one you are referring to. 

2) I did have the word "Reported" in my post to let the OP know that if he intends to troll the forum, his post has been brought to the attention of Moderation. I have since edited the word "Reported" out to keep everyone (unsuccessfully) happy.

3) I did post a message to aide the OP.

4) I also welcomed him.

5) The OP would not get into any trouble as he was new here.

6) I come to this forum to help. I do not go around posting about other users, blacklisting or degrading people. But clearly, some people do. Note the link (in the other thread) to an offensive blog that "had it in" for me and for anyone who helped others in Home or supported Home.

7) And thank you to those of the community who were understanding and not finger pointing.

8) And for those who chose to be rude, it's par for the course, right? I'm sure you earned those "pats on the back."

9) Carry on, good people. I will now go to my corner.

Instead of the sarcasim and playing the victim, I would have prefered at least one statemet from you admiting that you jumped the gun and reported unjustly a member of the community seeking assistance for harrasment.  The point was NOT that the poster would get in trouble BUT the impression made is no better then the bullies he/she was trying to report. 

Message 26 of 54 (206 Views)
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Im gonna go with Conrad on this...and kudos to all of y'all with your heads in the sand, refusing to see these "new users" for who they are. as for me...ill take my posts with a grain of salt.
Message 27 of 54 (198 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Nobody's head is in the sand....although a few heads may be in other areas.

Either way it goes that's moderations job to do, not some self appointed forum traffic cop.

Message 28 of 54 (191 Views)
Lombax Warrior
68 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Pill, Honorable means something. It doesn't mean reporting new users who have yet to know the rules of this place. It's wrong.
Message 29 of 54 (175 Views)
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Apr 22, 2013
i think then yall should take yalls own advice and let moderation deal with non moderators moderating. makes sense don't it? i just think its silly to see known deviants on the forums spouting nonsense only to have established users defend them.
Message 30 of 54 (160 Views)