PlayStation MVP
29005 posts

Re: Elitist Users Reporting New Users

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

The user could have simply been asked to remove the offending names. The user did not need to be told they were reported even if the report inappropriate content link were hit.

Moderation would have simply came to remove the offending names had the user not removed them. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 54 (331 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4738 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

The user could have simply been asked to remove the offending names. The user did not need to be told they were reported even if the report inappropriate content link were hit.

Moderation would have simply came to remove the offending name had the user not removed them. 

Agreed.

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 54 (324 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2985 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Moderation would have simply came to remove the offending name had the user not removed them. 

Agreed.

well, if the OP is refering to the thread I just read, the first couple replies were exactly that, informing them what blacklisting is, and why it should not be done.  I didn't see any mention of anyone reporting anybody on the first page of that thread at all.

I also agree there really is no need to inform a user they've been reported, it's best to just let moderation take care of things.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 54 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4738 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Agreed.

well, if the OP is refering to the thread I just read, the first couple replies were exactly that, informing them what blacklisting is, and why it should not be done.  I didn't see any mention of anyone reporting anybody on the first page of that thread at all.

I also agree there really is no need to inform a user they've been reported, it's best to just let moderation take care of things.

That's because he went back and edited it, check again. It's on the first page, a couple replies down :smileywink:

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 54 (292 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29005 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

It appears the word reported was edited out after users mentioned it. If you dig deeper into the thread you'll see a quoted post with the word "reported" as the frist line in the reply. 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 54 (291 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2985 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 54 (272 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3603 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

It appears the word reported was edited out after users mentioned it. If you dig deeper into the thread you'll see a quoted post with the word "reported" as the frist line in the reply. 

Wouldn't be the first time that user edited their reply to make them look less bad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 54 (264 Views)
Sackboy
387 posts

Apr 22, 2013

I always try to let users of forums I use often know if they are violating the ToS in a polite manner as I would hate to lose a new forum member who may be a great person and just did'nt read all of the ToS (i've done it before in the past due to not reading all of them on different forums).

I agree that if its not edited very soon then report it or let a mod know so they can edit it and perhaps they don't do it again and stay around to contribute to the forums, I just know out of personal experience I have started to use certain forums in the past and members of those forums acting harsh for lack of better words left a bad impression of those forums on me and I quit using them as soon as I started.

I'm not saying they should'nt be reported so they might learn but I just believe welcoming new users and helping them adapt to the ToS is a good way of gaining more great members.

Not saying i'm right ,just a couple opinions.

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 54 (247 Views)
VP of Gaming
25396 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

MurreuKwerk wrote:
And It would be funny if that "certain" user came to this thread and said I'm "blacklisting" too! lol

1) I'm the one you are referring to. 

2) I did have the word "Reported" in my post to let the OP know that if he intends to troll the forum, his post has been brought to the attention of Moderation. I have since edited the word "Reported" out to keep everyone (unsuccessfully) happy.

3) I did post a message to aide the OP.

4) I also welcomed him.

5) The OP would not get into any trouble as he was new here.

6) I come to this forum to help. I do not go around posting about other users, blacklisting or degrading people. But clearly, some people do. Note the link (in the other thread) to an offensive blog that "had it in" for me and for anyone who helped others in Home or supported Home.

7) And thank you to those of the community who were understanding and not finger pointing.

8) And for those who chose to be rude, it's par for the course, right? I'm sure you earned those "pats on the back."

9) Carry on, good people. I will now go to my corner.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 54 (213 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4738 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

MurreuKwerk wrote:
And It would be funny if that "certain" user came to this thread and said I'm "blacklisting" too! lol

1) I'm the one you are referring to. 

2) I did have the word "Reported" in my post to let the OP know that if he intends to troll the forum, his post has been brought to the attention of Moderation.

3) I did post a message to aide the OP.

4) I also welcomed him.

5) The OP would not get into any trouble as he was new here.

6) I come to this forum to help. I do not go around posting about other users, blacklisting or degrading people. But clearly, some people do. Note the link (in the other thread) to an offensive blog that "had it in" for me and for anyone who helped others in Home or supported Home.

7) And thank you to those of the community who were understanding and not finger pointing.

8) And for those who chose to be rude, it's par for the course, right? I'm sure you earned those "pats on the back."

9) Carry on, good people. I will now go to my corner.

He wasn't trolling though, he is new here and isn't sure how we go about things. He posted about something that he shouldn't have yes, but that doesn't mean he was trolling. That word is so loosely flung around these days.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 54 (198 Views)