Oct 23 2012
By: construcktkiller First Son 28 posts

Elgato Game Capture HD Broken?

6 replies 5219 views Edited Oct 23, 2012

Hi i bought Elgato Game Capture HD, and i do have a huge problem,,, I have Elgato software, PS3 PART: i goed to dDplay settings, and Video output settings, then Component / D-Terminal, Then it says Connector: Component / D-Terminal and press X, Then BLANK screen!!! what to do?"

One of my friends said i have too slow computer, yea i have but can it be the reason?

Iam gonna make an Uncharted 3 Montage every week, but first i want to get my new toy to work

HELP PLEASE

Message 1 of 7 (5,219 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Re: Elgato Game Capture HD Broken?

Oct 23, 2012

construcktkiller wrote:

Hi i bought Elgato Game Capture HD, and i do have a huge problem,,, I have Elgato software, PS3 PART: i goed to dDplay settings, and Video output settings, then Component / D-Terminal, Then it says Connector: Component / D-Terminal and press X, Then BLANK screen!!! what to do?"

One of my friends said i have too slow computer, yea i have but can it be the reason?

Iam gonna make an Uncharted 3 Montage every week, but first i want to get my new toy to work

HELP PLEASE

I don't think this is the right forum for this. And also mind your spelling a bit and pay attention to if your posts are readable because I don't really understand it except that you got a Capture device that doesn't work.

Message 2 of 7 (5,217 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Oct 23, 2012
Perhaps you should read the manual.
Message 3 of 7 (5,190 Views)
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4145 posts

Oct 23, 2012

This thread was moved from Uncharted Multiplayer.  Smiley Wink

space_cape!!

Message 4 of 7 (5,169 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Hey man, im going through the same problem Smiley Sad i need help!

I bought the Elgato today. I was so excited, i downloaded all the software, put all the plugs in (Hdmi, Av in Av out) -PS3. When i go the the Display settings then, i go to Component/ D-Terminal, then it goes to a blank screen. But i can see my recording on my pc. Can someone help. And dont write "Read the Manual" Because its not in there.

Message 5 of 7 (5,121 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Hi,

This is my first post and I am in need of help. I just recently bought a Elgato Game Capture HD Device and hooked the USB cable to my computer, downloaded the software, plugged the HDMI Out from the Device to the TV, and plugged the special A.V cable to the PS3. The only problem is the Display settings switch. I run my PS3 on HDMI and the Device tells me to run it on Component D-Terminal. A Step-by-Step video told me to hold down the power button until I hear the second beep. I did all of that, but when my screens turns back on, it shows a message saying something like, "A HDMI device has been found, would you like to use it." The first time I pressed no, but then my screen just went black forever. So I unplugged everything, replugged it and tried again. Same thing, and this time I pressed Yes. It took me back to the originial screen with the accounts and stuff. I clicked on mine, went to the Display Settings and chose Component D-Terminal, and it says, "You are about to change your Display Setting, if it is not correct, your screen will go back to the previous settings in 30 seconds." and I just wait 30 seconds and goes back to the orignial settings. I didn't have much time to try anything else since it was almost 11 at night, but I wanted to post a forum response to be safe. I was really excited about my new little device, but I'm starting to get worried that I'll never be able to use it. I have really bad luck with electronics, like suprisingly bad luck. Please respond. Thank you.

-Luke

Luearlset[g
Message 6 of 7 (5,015 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I had the same problem. This is how you should set it up. Plug you ps3s HDMI into the elgato the av to you playstaion and you usb to your computer. So just a recap TV to playstion hdmi unplug the ps3 end and enter into your elgato plug av to ps3 and USB to compute use D-terminal and then it should work.

Message 7 of 7 (4,637 Views)
0 Likes