Aug 02 2013
By: bob-maul Welcoming Committee 14647 posts

Effective Workouts?

[ Edited ]
24 replies 97 views Edited Aug 2, 2013

Hello everyone, 

I want to ask all of you how/if you workout your gamer physiques! 

Personally, I am rather skinny. I have begun gaining weight, though. Not a lot of it, but it is becoming slightly noticeable. Probably due to the fact that my city is not the most fun to jog in as a small, skinny, innocent-looking person. And the nicer parks are a good distance. I have resorted to indoor fitness. 

What I want to know is how you guys stay fit or how you are hoping to become fit. We just got a treadmill and I may use that a bit along with slight weight-lifting.

How do you make this:

gamer

into this?

gamer after

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 1 of 25 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Re: Effective Workouts?

Aug 2, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Hello everyone, 

Personally, I am rather skinny. I have begun gaining weight, though. Not a lot of it, but it is becoming slightly noticeable. Probably due to the fact that my city is not the most fun to jog in as a small, skinny, innocent-looking person. And the nicer parks are a good distance. I have resorted to indoor fitness. 

What I want to know is how you guys stay fit or how you are hoping to become fit. We just got a treadmill and I may use that a bit along with slight weight-lifting.

How do you make this:

gamer

into this?

gamer after

I play football (soccer for you Americans)  with my local club, which keeps me in a good state. It's really all I need. 2 training sessions a week, and a match during the weekends. Maybe you should get into a sport? 

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 2 of 25 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Hello everyone, 

How do you make this:

into this?

I play football (soccer for you Americans)  with my local club, which keeps me in a good state. It's really all I need. 2 training sessions a week, and a match during the weekends. Maybe you should get into a sport? 

I actually just started doing ultimate frisbee with a friend of mine. We get the group together every Saturday and play for a couple hours. Pretty intense, but it is only one day.

Message 3 of 25 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Aug 2, 2013

I don't work out Smiley Tongue

I'm not overweight though, not at all. HOWEVER, seeing as you describe yourself as rather skinny, have you considered working out at the gym or something like that?

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 4 of 25 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Aug 2, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

I don't work out Smiley Tongue

I'm not overweight though, not at all. HOWEVER, seeing as you describe yourself as rather skinny, have you considered working out at the gym or something like that?

See, I am actually quite happy with my skinny body. I just want to maintain it. 

This thread is not just for me, though. I also want others to benefit from advice.

So, yeah, a cheap gym membership would not hurt.

Message 5 of 25 (78 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
923 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2013

Well,it takes patience,effort,and time. Heres what i do:1hr total on treadmill running (intervals of 15mins),150 total pushups(reps of 25),100 free squats(regular squats) sets of 20,then 75 squat presses(hold the bar at chest,squat then push it up)with 125lb bar in reps of 15,and 100 sit-ups in reps of 25,100 burpees reps of 20,and 150 wall balls(hold a basketball at ur forehead squat throw it on the wall catch it repeat) reps of 25,and thats all! But,be warned,i do the reps for all excersises 2 times b4 i take a 30 second break. But thats how i stay fit,i worked out since i was 12 and its like my one great passion.

.................!!!
Message 6 of 25 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Aug 2, 2013
I hardly classify this as working out, but I do curls, push-ups, and swim "laps" in the pool (not really laps because the pool is L-shaped).
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 7 of 25 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Aug 2, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I hardly classify this as working out, but I do curls, push-ups, and swim "laps" in the pool (not really laps because the pool is L-shaped).

That counts! Definitely! I want a pool just for the sake of laps. I love to just swim around, but I cannot do that in a public pool

Message 8 of 25 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Aug 2, 2013
I do crossfit 4 times a week. I love it because the workouts are always different, and you get stronger in the process.
Message 9 of 25 (50 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
923 posts

Aug 2, 2013

Unclear_Motive wrote:
I do crossfit 4 times a week. I love it because the workouts are always different, and you get stronger in the process.
I do CrossFit 2× a week,4 days i do the other workout and i rest on Sundays. Do you watch CrossFit games? I think Rich Froning is a one-of-a-kind athlete,and i think he makes a fantastic Champion,hes just very humble and always polite,when he finishes he goes and cheers on the ppl who are behind him.
.................!!!
Message 10 of 25 (48 Views)
0 Likes