Dec 05 2013
By: Sunny-Hallways Lombax Warrior 144 posts

EU Avatars Thread Question

7 replies 245 views Edited Dec 5, 2013

IM Making  a new  thread  today  cause  the  thread  caused  fighting  again  and i dont know  why  but anyways im here  cause i  have  a   few  eu  friends  they seem  nice  avatars  that here in us  dont have.  i just  wanna know  is  there  any plans  of  bringing  some of those  EU AVATARS  TO us  so  people like me  and other  people  can buy some of  them.  why  are some of them only made for EU and  not  us.  can someone help me out with this question

Message 1 of 8 (245 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40048 posts

Re: EU Avatars Thread Question

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2013

Sunny-Hallways wrote:

IM Making  a new  thread  today  cause  the  thread  caused  fighting  again  and i dont know  why  but anyways im here  cause i  have  a   few  eu  friends  they seem  nice  avatars  that here in us  dont have.  i just  wanna know  is  there  any plans  of  bringing  some of those  EU AVATARS  TO us  so  people like me  and other  people  can buy some of  them.  why  are some of them only made for EU and  not  us.  can someone help me out with this question

I agree totally, a large number of the US Avatars, especially when compared with the UK/EU ones do indeed suck big time.

And where was Sony with a PS4 Avatar?, how hard can it have been to create a small Avatar with the PS4 logo on it or something that said 'greatness Awaits', but no, nothing from Sony there.

Sorry mini-rant over with, Yes, in my humble opinion the UK/EU Avatars are mostly better than ours.

As for your question, it's likely a licensing issue that some are UK/EU & not US too.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 8 (240 Views)
MVP Support
9085 posts

Dec 5, 2013

It is weird that the same company who sells those avatars in the EU PSN store also sell themes in the NA PSN store.If they are able to sell themes then why not avatars? a lot of people want then in the NA PSN store myself included.

KANE-FIRE

Message 3 of 8 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Dec 5, 2013

ty  brit-KO  For  Answering my  question.    hopefully   Us  will  some Avatars  that EU Has. i  know  this is  a stupid  question but since i am still kinda new to Playstation 3  and the playstation forums  one of my  eu friends i met  from gaming said  that EU has more  gamers  then US  .  i  doubt thats  true  because i know  Many  US Gamers use Playstation 3  but he  said  the reason eu  had Better  Avatars  cause  EU HAD More Gamers.  i just  wanna know  if thats  true.  I Doubt  it is and he was just being funny  but if that is the Case

Message 4 of 8 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2547 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2013

Sunny-Hallways wrote:

ty  brit-KO  For  Answering my  question.    hopefully   Us  will  some Avatars  that EU Has. i  know  this is  a stupid  question but since i am still kinda new to Playstation 3  and the playstation forums  one of my  eu friends i met  from gaming said  that EU has more  gamers  then US  .  i  doubt thats  true  because i know  Many  US Gamers use Playstation 3  but he  said  the reason eu  had Better  Avatars  cause  EU HAD More Gamers.  i just  wanna know  if thats  true.  I Doubt  it is and he was just being funny  but if that is the Case

It's true. Most North American gamers have Xbox 360s. That may change with this gen though. It shouldn't have any baring on avatar diffrences though.

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 5 of 8 (219 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40048 posts

Dec 5, 2013

Sunny-Hallways wrote:

You're very welcome.

As for who has more games, I really don't know, we have some they do not & vice versa, I think it's probably pretty close though Sunny.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 6 of 8 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Dec 5, 2013

KANE-FIRE wrote:

It is weird that the same company who sells those avatars in the EU PSN store also sell themes in the NA PSN store.If they are able to sell themes then why not avatars? a lot of people want then in the NA PSN store myself included.

Eyes off my avatar, Kane! You can't haz it. Smiley Tongue

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 7 of 8 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2123 posts

Dec 5, 2013

As much as I'd like to see some US players rock the "Come Play With My Nuts" avatar, it won't likely happen.

Mostly because the US might not understand UK/EU humor.

Message 8 of 8 (187 Views)
0 Likes