Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/24/2009
Online
14279 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
And really? The CFL? Anyone with two feet can make the CFL...

Great, so what does that have to do with E-sports?


Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/27/2010
Online
9273 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
And really? The CFL? Anyone with two feet can make the CFL...

Great, so what does that have to do with E-sports?


Clearly that comment wasn't directed at you but at johngie. 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (114 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/24/2009
Online
14279 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
And really? The CFL? Anyone with two feet can make the CFL...

Great, so what does that have to do with E-sports?


Clearly that comment wasn't directed at you but at johngie. 


I just wanted to keep this thread from getting locked prematurely because it appeared to be de-railing at a faster than usual rate.


Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/20/2008
Online
10950 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

johngie wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Insult to real athletes everywhere.... Man kicks the ball down the field. Doesn't even kick it between the upright....He's barely even an athlete

When are the Argos gonna be drafting you?

 

Oh wait...


Ok pencil. sit there and fly away when the wind hits 


R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/08/2013
Offline
761 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013
Ok Setz I'll add to the e-sports thread so as to keep it on the rails. I think its turrible. I think its political correctness run amok. People sitting on computers with headsets eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew want to be called athletes..This is why everybody gets a ribbon at the science fair now. Call it a sport if you must but don't call them athletes...cuz anything can be a competition. If these guys are athletes then so are dudes drinking beer and smoking cigars while playing poker. Or people eating 10lbs of cheese or me, you, that dead guy over there everybody. we're all athletes then. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/24/2009
Online
14279 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:
Ok Setz I'll add to the e-sports thread so as to keep it on the rails. I think its turrible. I think its political correctness run amok. People sitting on computers with headsets eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew want to be called athletes..This is why everybody gets a ribbon at the science fair now. Call it a sport if you must but don't call them athletes...cuz anything can be a competition. If these guys are athletes then so are dudes drinking beer and smoking cigars while playing poker. Or people eating 10lbs of cheese or me, you, that dead guy over there everybody. we're all athletes then. :smileysad:

That's completely over-looking the ability of the players though.

 

Not to mention, that stereotype doesn't even apply. There are very few over-weight pro-gamers that I am aware of.

 

No, not everyone would be called an athlete, nor wants to be, but the professional players.


Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/08/2013
Offline
761 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

lauranichole25 wrote:
Ok Setz I'll add to the e-sports thread so as to keep it on the rails. I think its turrible. I think its political correctness run amok. People sitting on computers with headsets eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew want to be called athletes..This is why everybody gets a ribbon at the science fair now. Call it a sport if you must but don't call them athletes...cuz anything can be a competition. If these guys are athletes then so are dudes drinking beer and smoking cigars while playing poker. Or people eating 10lbs of cheese or me, you, that dead guy over there everybody. we're all athletes then. :smileysad:

That's completely over-looking the ability of the players though.

 

Not to mention, that stereotype doesn't even apply. There are very few over-weight pro-gamers that I am aware of.

 

No, not everyone would be called an athlete, nor wants to be, but the professional players.


 

I see what ur saying but..I overlook their abilities because they are abilities in a field that i personally don't call a sport. I realize that others see it as a sport but I do not. Surely there is something absurd that you can relate to. Maybe competitive seed spitting. Or hawg calling. Maybe Im really talented at sleeping? Can my abilities ve recognized if there were sleep competitions? And i didn't mean to say that people who eat cheetos and drink soda are overweight. weight should have nothing to do with how athletic you are...I mean look at an NFL offensive line. If the pro gamers want to call themselves athletes then I can't stop them, but I shant be joining them.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/24/2009
Online
14279 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

lauranichole25 wrote:
Ok Setz I'll add to the e-sports thread so as to keep it on the rails. I think its turrible. I think its political correctness run amok. People sitting on computers with headsets eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew want to be called athletes..This is why everybody gets a ribbon at the science fair now. Call it a sport if you must but don't call them athletes...cuz anything can be a competition. If these guys are athletes then so are dudes drinking beer and smoking cigars while playing poker. Or people eating 10lbs of cheese or me, you, that dead guy over there everybody. we're all athletes then. :smileysad:

That's completely over-looking the ability of the players though.

 

Not to mention, that stereotype doesn't even apply. There are very few over-weight pro-gamers that I am aware of.

 

No, not everyone would be called an athlete, nor wants to be, but the professional players.


 

I see what ur saying but..I overlook their abilities because they are abilities in a field that i personally don't call a sport. I realize that others see it as a sport but I do not. Surely there is something absurd that you can relate to. Maybe competitive seed spitting. Or hawg calling. Maybe Im really talented at sleeping? Can my abilities ve recognized if there were sleep competitions? And i didn't mean to say that people who eat cheetos and drink soda are overweight. weight should have nothing to do with how athletic you are...I mean look at an NFL offensive line. If the pro gamers want to call themselves athletes then I can't stop them, but I shant be joining them.

Right, finding the line is what trips most people up in the discussion of E-sports and all that entails. Personally, saying someone is a "cyber athelete" is a little goofy, and i'd probably never say it. However, I do believe gaming being recognized as a sport is only fair, especially highly comptetive titles such as league of legends and the like.

 


Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes