Reply
Oct 09 2013
By: Setzaroth Limit Breaker 18676 posts
Offline

E-sports further legitimized

17 replies 466 views Edited Oct 9, 2013

Earlier in the year I brought up how League of Legends (MOBA style game) was going to have players that were granted visas to play professionally in different areas of the world, and it got some generally un-founded flak about how "calling them atheletes is disrespectful to actual athletes" and how "it wont be in the olympics" blah blah... 

 

well, here's this.

 

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 1 of 18 (466 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/30/2011
Offline
3825 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 9, 2013

Well all the best to them. Though I prefer being physical and very sweaty.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 2 of 18 (457 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

Well all the best to them. Though I prefer being physical and very sweaty.


haha, you could get sweaty while playing these games, especially in front of 100s of people, and under stage lights.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 3 of 18 (436 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013

That was an interesting and well-put together video.

Message 4 of 18 (428 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Offline
13101 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013
Insult to real athletes everywhere.... Man kicks the ball down the field. Doesn't even kick it between the upright....He's barely even an athlete
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 5 of 18 (426 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Insult to real athletes everywhere.... Man kicks the ball down the field. Doesn't even kick it between the upright....He's barely even an athlete

When are the Argos gonna be drafting you?

 

Oh wait...

Message 6 of 18 (424 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/08/2013
Offline
819 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013
Lame.
Message 7 of 18 (420 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Offline
13101 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013

johngie wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Insult to real athletes everywhere.... Man kicks the ball down the field. Doesn't even kick it between the upright....He's barely even an athlete

When are the Argos gonna be drafting you?

 

Oh wait...


Ok pencil. sit there and fly away when the wind hits 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 8 of 18 (419 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

johngie wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Insult to real athletes everywhere.... Man kicks the ball down the field. Doesn't even kick it between the upright....He's barely even an athlete

When are the Argos gonna be drafting you?

 

Oh wait...


Ok pencil. sit there and fly away when the wind hits 


So anyway, that particular person is irrevevant, it's what he was saying that made it interesting. 

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 9 of 18 (415 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Offline
13101 posts
 

Re: E-sports further legitimized

Oct 10, 2013
And really? The CFL? Anyone with two feet can make the CFL...
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 10 of 18 (413 Views)
Reply
0 Likes