Oct 03 2012
By: n0rmal94 Uncharted Territory 1273 posts

Dreams

13 replies 86 views Edited Oct 3, 2012

I get getting the same dream which is annoying, since it affects my way of thinking from timt to time. Has anyone gotten the same bad dream over again?

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (86 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Re: Dreams

Oct 3, 2012

n0rmal94 wrote:

I get getting the same dream which is annoying, since it affects my way of thinking from timt to time. Has anyone gotten the same bad dream over again?

They say a reoccurring dream is your mind trying to warn, or bring you attention of/to something.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (84 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27607 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

n0rmal94 wrote:

Tellling us what the dream actually is might help us decide if it's something we've experienced!

I used to dream the same thing over & over again, I also used to have that 'falling" dream a lot of people have, but only when I was much younger, do I still dream?, yes, dreams are great.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2596 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I haven't dreamt in awhile, and that is freaking me out. I just want to dream!

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (75 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Bulletpainpills wrote:

That means you are not getting qaulity sleep.   Or you just don't remember dreaming when you wake up.

Related question.... I dream in color, no joke.  I have heard that was impossible.  Is it, or no?

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2596 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I thought only old people dreamt in black and white?

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (69 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Bulletpainpills wrote:

I thought only old people dreamt in black and white?

That's what I am saying.  I remember about 85% of my dreams, and they are most certainly in colour (BRIT :manwink:).  Supposedly that is not supposed to be so.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7474 posts

Oct 3, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Bulletpainpills wrote:

That means you are not getting qaulity sleep.   Or you just don't remember dreaming when you wake up.

Related question.... I dream in color, no joke.  I have heard that was impossible.  Is it, or no?

Moble

Hm, I dream in color all the time. Nothing is really impossible in dreams. :smileytongue:

On a related note, I once achieved "lucidity" recently by accident. I consciously told myself and I was late, then I forced myself to wake up. Instead of waking up physically, I woke up in my dream. The fog was lifted, everything hyper-realistic, free roaming, the works. I was able to walk around my old highschool, have conversations with my old classmates, and watch the science fair we had back in 2006. When I did "wake up" the nap just took about 15 minutes but it felt like hours in the dream. :smileyvery-happy:

Cool stuff. Never made it happen again though.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice: 16SVoaaAfWtywpQ9GDqqzfoyGvt21XCB6M
Dogecoin is nice too: DU6DPv41zfqbSwvFz8LKYhVcgLsX85B3My
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (65 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Doppelgangergang wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Bulletpainpills wrote:

That means you are not getting quality sleep.   Or you just don't remember dreaming when you wake up.

Moble

Hm, I dream in color all the time. Nothing is really impossible in dreams. :smileytongue:

On a related note, I once achieved "lucidity" recently by accident. I consciously told myself and I was late, then I forced myself to wake up. Instead of waking up physically, I woke up in my dream. The fog was lifted, everything hyper-realistic, free roaming, the works. I was able to walk around my old highschool, have conversations with my old classmates, and watch the science fair we had back in 2006. When I did "wake up" the nap just took about 15 minutes but it felt like hours in the dream. :smileyvery-happy:

Cool stuff. Never made it happen again though.

Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis?  I have twice.  

The idea is; you go into REM Sleep, so your brain shuts down movement.  This is done so that you do not act out your dreams, physically.  Some people have a problem with this, where they actually kick and punch their bedmate.  Back to paralysis though.  You wake up, open eyes, but you cannot move.  The only trick here is; when you are in REM sleep, your inner ear vibrates.  This action gives the person the feeling of vibrating and an audible humming noise.

This happened to me twice, as I have said.  Real scary *bleep*.  I could not move anything, except my eyes.  I tried screaming out, but I couldn't speak.  The humming was there too, and I felt like I was numb all over.  F'n terrifying!  Closed my eyes finally and fell back to sleep. Woke up about ten minutes later and was fine.  I know ten minutes because in my view, while paralyzed I could see my clock.

They say this sleeping mishap is a solid exploitation to those who say they were abducted from their beds by aliens.  I didn't call Agent Mulder or NASA, I called my Neurologist, and this is what he told me.

FREAKY!

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Oct 3, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

n0rmal94 wrote:

They say a reoccurring dream is your mind trying to warn, or bring you attention of/to something.

Moble

Ive been getting this dream of my dad getting shot and dieing 3 times now :smileysad:

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (55 Views)
0 Likes