Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Re: Dragon Ball GT?

Aug 19, 2013

As a former DBZ super fan, let me explain this.

You should definitely watch both Dragon Ball and DBZ prior to GT. Why? Because half of GT's appeal is the fanservice from bring old characters and style into the mix (especially Dragon Ball).

GT is rather enjoyable if you are a fan of the first two series, but you must not think too much into it. It is sorta riddled with plot holes.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 11 of 21 (75 Views)
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Aug 20, 2013

I've started watching it, and I'm in love with it, I've seen all of the original series and I'm ecstatic to finally see some more comedy again. The only thing negative I can say so far is that it seems a tad bit formulaic, but it's a good formula. I'm immersed enough in the world to not notice while watching it.

Message 12 of 21 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Aug 20, 2013
I don't get why GT was given negative reception from the Dragon Ball fans. It wasn't that bad.
Message 13 of 21 (60 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Aug 20, 2013

epicbrutal wrote:
I don't get why GT was given negative reception from the Dragon Ball fans. It wasn't that bad.

People were mad because the power-scaling was just dreadful. Certain enemies should have been decimated (the parts with Trunks, Goku, and Pan). 

I hate when people want to continue the series, also. Any stronger and they could not stand up without the planet beneath them being destroyed 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 14 of 21 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13306 posts

Aug 20, 2013

epicbrutal wrote:

The fact that Goku WAS A CHILD AGAIN 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 15 of 21 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1491 posts

Aug 20, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

epicbrutal wrote:

The fact that Goku WAS A CHILD AGAIN 

That and it wasnt that great kinda felt like a filler to me and it was slow

Message 16 of 21 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Aug 20, 2013

I finished the first season, I love it a lot, I frankly don't see the problem with Goku being a kid, or the inclusion of Pan and Trunks, and the action is top-**bleep**-notch.

Message 17 of 21 (42 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2156 posts

Aug 21, 2013

You should just watch the original dbz, I think dbz kai sucks. Everything was extremely well done with Bruce Faulconer's music, voice acting and lines used in the original dbz. They really had no reason to do dbz kai.....

Also have you watched the original dragonball? that could hold you over.

Message 18 of 21 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Aug 21, 2013

G-Smith51 wrote:

You should just watch the original dbz, I think dbz kai sucks. Everything was extremely well done with Bruce Faulconer's music, voice acting and lines used in the original dbz. They really had no reason to do dbz kai.....

Also have you watched the original dragonball? that could hold you over.

My question is why Recreate DBZ over again? The show seemed just fine as it was. All they did that i notice was clear up the animation a bit. It just looks more clear. Other than that, nothing else I see different. If anything, they should've redid the whole series to look like the Battle of Gods animation and be done with it. Nothing else needs to revised.

photo 8404_8a96_zps4b0191c3.gif

Message 19 of 21 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1996 posts

Aug 21, 2013

AAscendedSaiyan wrote:

I'm not finished with Dragon Ball Z, I watch DBZ Kai, and, of course, that series isn't complete yet. I want something to hold me over until it is finished, I wanna watch GT, but I wanna know, is there anything major that carries over from DBZ that hasn't been shown in Kai yet? Like anything that would spoil anything huge?

GT has been announced as cannon. i wouldn't worry about it

gamefreak2.jpg

Message 20 of 21 (31 Views)
0 Likes