I Only Post Everything
1408 posts

Re: Downgrade in graphics for Mass Effect? (56k warning)

Apr 7, 2007

Lando2 wrote:

DoomsDay wrote:

chaingangsoldier69 wrote:
I remember an article about that and many other recently released screenshots. Someone who worked for whatever company is making that game took those screenshots from an area of the game that is not even close to being complete. That is why the graphics are terrible in that screenshot.

edit: im talking about the bottom screenshot.

Message Edited by chaingangsoldier69 on 04-06-2007 11:35 PM

How could that be from an area thats not "close to being complete" when it was taken yesterday?

Because they aren't finished the game yet? Dam, you HAD to make me waste my 3000th post, but, at least it's in the same thread as MASS EFFECT FTW

ok...so where did the screenshots before that come from? They were much farther along graphically wise and were made months prior to the one from yesterday.
Message 11 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1408 posts

Apr 7, 2007

DoomsDay wrote:

I remember an article about that and many other recently released screenshots. Someone who worked for whatever company is making that game took those screenshots from an area of the game that is not even close to being complete. That is why the graphics are terrible in that screenshot.

edit: im talking about the bottom screenshot.

Message Edited by chaingangsoldier69 on 04-06-2007 11:35 PM

How could that be from an area thats not "close to being complete" when it was taken yesterday?

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/04/04/bioware-explains-those-icky-mass-effect-screens/

Screenshots are one thing..but did you watch the video in hd that I and clinton posted?
Message 12 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5818 posts

Apr 7, 2007

Clinton514 wrote:
Recent video proving downgrade:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=18375&type=wmv&pl=game

Judging a game before it ships ? Typical. I honestly see no point in you having your 360. There may be reasons for owning it that I may not know about , but I can only judge from what I've witnessed on these boards , and your activity on the 360 and I honestly see no point. Even your own 360 GT motto has to do with the PS3.

If you want to talk about downgrades , then I'm ready to whip out Killzone 2 and Lair.

Oh wait , those games haven't shipped so I shouldn't. Funny the way things work.

Can you see.. Arbiter ? The moment of salvation.. is upon us.
Message 13 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1408 posts

Apr 7, 2007

....*leaves thread*

you guys get really defensive....but ok

anyway we'll see how it looks when it comes out.

oh btw let me guess..the video in hd was ALSO from a place in the game that wasn't anywhere near completed?

Message Edited by DoomsDay on 04-06-2007 11:49 PM
Message 14 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3630 posts

Apr 7, 2007
its just more gritty and dark
Photobucket
Message 15 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5818 posts

Apr 7, 2007

DoomsDay wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

Judging a game before it ships ? Typical. I honestly see no point in you having your 360. There may be reasons for owning it that I may not know about , but I can only judge from what I've witnessed on these boards , and your activity on the 360 and I honestly see no point. Even your own 360 GT motto has to do with the PS3.

If you want to talk about downgrades , then I'm ready to whip out Killzone 2 and Lair.

Oh wait , those games haven't shipped so I shouldn't. Funny the way things work.

Um....clinton linked you to a video of mass effect...what does that have to do with the ps3?

just..stop

Read my whole post and the last two , stupid words before he posted the video. Then we'll talk.

Can you see.. Arbiter ? The moment of salvation.. is upon us.
Message 16 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Apr 7, 2007

DoomsDay wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

Um....clinton linked you to a video of mass effect...what does that have to do with the ps3?

just..stop

Did you even read the post? He is saying that you are bashing a game before release about downgrading graphics, then he uses 2 PS3 examples to back up his statement about how you shouldn't do it without knowing the consequences.

And if you don't get that, then I'll just say the consequences are you getting your ass handed to you
This should be where that ugly block face is.
Message 17 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1408 posts

Apr 7, 2007

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

just..stop

killzone 2 hasn't even come out yet..and theres no trailers out...if it did, and it didnt come close to the representation..I would make the same remarks

stick to the topic please

Message Edited by DoomsDay on 04-06-2007 11:53 PM
Message 18 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Apr 7, 2007

Lando2 wrote:

DoomsDay wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

just..stop

Did you even read the post? He is saying that you are bashing a game before release about downgrading graphics, then he uses 2 PS3 examples to back up his statement about how you shouldn't do it without knowing the consequences.

And if you don't get that, then I'll just say the consequences are you getting your ass handed to you

I don't understand the relevancy. If one was to make a point one doesn't grab a whole different subject in attempts to prove a flawed point. 

Final or not, It's been downgraded. You'd really have to have a skewed perspective not to see that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 19 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5928 posts

Apr 7, 2007
I'll wait till the final, finished game before I make any judgements.

Message 20 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes