Feb 21 2014
By: ck2875 PlayStation MVP 3188 posts

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

[ Edited ]
7 replies 159 views Edited Feb 21, 2014

DKCTF_Logo

Is anyone here getting Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Wii U? I'm somewhat excited to play it since I grew up on the old DKC games.  Anyway, if you've tried it out, be sure to leave your thoughts.

Also, do you think it will help spur Wii U sales? I personally doubt it will make much of a difference, but as an existing owner of the console it's always nice to have something new to play.

Side note: I just started the download for it and was surprised that it's 11.1 GB considering most games on the Wii U have been much smaller. For example, Super Mario World 3D was only 1.6 GB. There must be some extensive cut scenes considering the game is just another side-scrolling adventure. At any rate, it makes my 32GB hard drive feel as small, as it should.

dkc
Message 1 of 8 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3170 posts

Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2014

I never played DKC Returns, so I might buy Tropical Freeze when I get a Wii U. Still waiting for Smash Bros. and X.

Twitter: @XenokingX
NNID: LordOfCourage | 3DS FC: 5241-1928-7355
Message 2 of 8 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3188 posts

Feb 21, 2014

Yeah, I never played DKC Returns either. By 2010 I had kind of given up on the Wii's titles since they weren't in HD. Reading the synopsis of Tropical Freeze on wikipedia, it sounds a bit dumb, so hopefully the reviews are accurate and it's actually a lot of fun. I definitely wish that Sony had more family friendly co-op games like this.

Message 3 of 8 (142 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8438 posts

Feb 21, 2014

When I purchase a Wii U of my own, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is going to be one of titles I'm going to try out. It's been a long time for me since I've played the first Donkey Kong Country game on the Super Nintendo, and surprising that Cranky Kong is making his playable debut on a platform game.

Message 4 of 8 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2035 posts

Feb 21, 2014

This is a title that I'm not too keen on. I'm holding out for either a new F-Zero, Star Fox or Earthbound before getting seriously interested in a Wii U.

Those games I'm holding out for would surely boost Wii U sales, as they've been neglected in favour of Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, those 3 need to have a big break.

Message 5 of 8 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3170 posts

Feb 21, 2014

TeabagMcFrag wrote:

This is a title that I'm not too keen on. I'm holding out for either a new F-Zero, Star Fox or Earthbound before getting seriously interested in a Wii U.

Those games I'm holding out for would surely boost Wii U sales, as they've been neglected in favour of Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, those 3 need to have a big break.

Nintendo can continue with Mario and Zelda, and Game Freak can continue with Pokemon.

Nintendo should do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77jLh_kDNPA

Twitter: @XenokingX
NNID: LordOfCourage | 3DS FC: 5241-1928-7355
Message 6 of 8 (120 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12706 posts

Feb 22, 2014
I have played it and enjoy it thoroughly. Will it spur sales? No.

But any Wii u owner should get it
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10408 posts

Feb 22, 2014

Might rent it sometime. Will I get it, it depends, but it does seem like it would be fun to play.

Message 8 of 8 (106 Views)
0 Likes