Highlighted
Survivor
2785 posts

Re: Does money bring happiness?

Sep 11, 2010

Not by itself, but it would definitely help. I'd be pretty happy if I could have everything I wanted. Not saying it's the only way to happiness though.

Feel free to add my newer account NatalieG_

Message 31 of 36 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7027 posts

Sep 11, 2010

Rogue4152 wrote:

money = waverunner

waverunner =  happiness

therefore, money = happiness

I know, we already went over this in the last thread.

"Have you ever seen a homeless person skip? I once saw a homeless person attempt to skip, and boom, bottle hits him right in the noggin. Yeah, I threw it, but only because he was trying to be happy. He doesn't deserve to be happier than me, because I'm rich."

Message 32 of 36 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9755 posts

Sep 11, 2010

TreePirate wrote:

No. If anyone has ever been to India you will see some of the poorest people on the planet yet it is a much happier place then North America. Everyone is cheerful, friendly, etc. That proves right there that no it doesn't bring happiness.

Now I'm not saying I wouldn't love to have money to buy my toys, take the trips I wants, and to go concerts, etc. Without money I would have never been able to backpack Europe for 4months, but I had to make sacrifices to save that money.

But what I see(and am guilty of myself time to time) is most people live in the future. What I mean by this is they say "Once I get a career, and make 70K+ a year everything will be fine and I will be happy."

It doesn't work like that, if you aren't happy now you won't be happy with money. Take everything you can out of life, don't get greedy. We all die and then your life is over, no need to get hung up with consumerism, no need to feel bad for yourself because you don't have money. Take in the beauty of life and live with no regrets and you won't have to worry if you have money or not.

TreePirate man where've ya been? OT has been lonely. 

Message 33 of 36 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Oct 10, 2010

Money may not bring you happiness, but.....

Man!  It sure lets you SUFFER IN STYLE!!! 

Message 34 of 36 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3428 posts

Oct 10, 2010
That is a hilarious post walter. If I am going to be lying in the ground dead I am going to have the finest gold plated casket.
Message 35 of 36 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

Oct 10, 2010

wegawhale wrote:
SGT and Elite made some great points.

YEAH THEY DID    

Photobucket
Message 36 of 36 (35 Views)
0 Likes