Reply
Highlighted
Jan 09 2013
By: havocsarmy Fender Bender 3987 posts
Offline

Do you think Microsoft will come out with a handheld?

16 replies 154 views Edited Jan 9, 2013

This just popped up in my head, will Bill Gates and his boys try to compete with Sony and Nintendo for the handheld market?

It doesn't seem preposterous as the Xbox360 has sold many millions of it's console.

 

Will Microsoft jump into the fray and challenge the big boys?

 photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 1 of 17 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: Do you think Microsoft will come out with a handheld?

Jan 9, 2013
No, I doubt they will. They don't need to either, MS is already competing on phones and tablets and they know they are pretty much despised in Japan. They are already competing on the mobile market, they just don't need to do it through handheld consoles~.
Message 2 of 17 (150 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/18/2011
Offline
3987 posts
 

Re: Do you think Microsoft will come out with a handheld?

Jan 9, 2013

Aren't Microsoft big in North and Latin America? http://www.latinbusinesschronicle.com/app/article.aspx?id=4767

 

I have heard about the Japan thing but don't understand it.

 photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 3 of 17 (139 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 02/22/2012
Online
2065 posts
 

Re: Do you think Microsoft will come out with a handheld?

Jan 9, 2013

You say challenge the big boys but I beleave they are the big boys now. Most are trying to compete with there sells now. 

Message 4 of 17 (138 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: Do you think Microsoft will come out with a handheld?

Jan 9, 2013

havocsarmy wrote:

Aren't Microsoft big in North and Latin America? http://www.latinbusinesschronicle.com/app/article.aspx?id=4767

 

I have heard about the Japan thing but don't understand it.


MS are big in the entire America continent and Europe. The Japan thing is more than likely regional closed mindedness. There's no reason to hate the XBOX 360 and it didn't offer anything to Japan that the PS3 didn't outside of certain Sony exclusives~.

 

MS are indeed the big boys nowadays, but that's why I think they won't go out of their way to make a handheld, they are successful enough as it is. Funny how people laughed at them when they started with the first XBOX. MS did really well considering they are basically selling to one market less than the rest~.

Message 5 of 17 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/18/2011
Offline
3987 posts
 

Re: Do you think Microsoft will come out with a handheld?

Jan 9, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

Aren't Microsoft big in North and Latin America? http://www.latinbusinesschronicle.com/app/article.aspx?id=4767

 

I have heard about the Japan thing but don't understand it.


MS are big in the entire America continent and Europe. The Japan thing is more than likely regional closed mindedness. There's no reason to hate the XBOX 360 and it didn't offer anything to Japan that the PS3 didn't outside of certain Sony exclusives~.

 

MS are indeed the big boys nowadays, but that's why I think they won't go out of their way to make a handheld, they are successful enough as it is. Funny how people laughed at them when they started with the first XBOX. MS did really well considering they are basically selling to one market less than the rest~.


True. I laughed at that kitchen table they called a Xbox, didn't think they would make it. Boy am I suprised they made it this far.

 photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 6 of 17 (128 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
891 posts
 

Re: Do you think Microsoft will come out with a handheld?

Jan 9, 2013

MS has unlimited money. That is the only reason they bothered with the 360 as the first Xbox was a total loss. Any other company would have closed it's doors on consoles and gave up.

 

I don't want to sound like a fanatic but Nintendo rules the handheld market and have since 1989 or 90, whenever the Game Boy came out. Handheld gaming is massive in Japan so Japanese developers will always support Nintendo's latest because it never fails.

 

Sure wish some more of that love would head over to the Vita though Smiley Wink

 photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 7 of 17 (128 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 02/22/2012
Online
2065 posts
 

Re: Do you think Microsoft will come out with a handheld?

Jan 9, 2013

If they never do it is only because gates does not see a profit in it. He is a profit only kind of guy. He would sell baged poop if he thought it would make enough money.

Message 8 of 17 (127 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/18/2011
Offline
3987 posts
 

Re: Do you think Microsoft will come out with a handheld?

Jan 9, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

MS has unlimited money. That is the only reason they bothered with the 360 as the first Xbox was a total loss. Any other company would have closed it's doors on consoles and gave up.

 

I don't want to sound like a fanatic but Nintendo rules the handheld market and have since 1989 or 90, whenever the Game Boy came out. Handheld gaming is massive in Japan so Japanese developers will always support Nintendo's latest because it never fails.

 

Sure wish some more of that love would head over to the Vita though Smiley Wink


Is the Vita too complicated for Japan's taste?

 photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 9 of 17 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: Do you think Microsoft will come out with a handheld?

Jan 9, 2013

fantasyplayer wrote:

If they never do it is only because gates does not see a profit in it. He is a profit only kind of guy. He would sell baged poop if he thought it would make enough money.


Then again, that's the very exact same mentality everybody else has, both in Nintendo and Sony. People are in this for love, they are in it for the cash which is totally fine by me. it's a business after all. Just saying, let's not single MS for doing what everybody else does~.

Message 10 of 17 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes