Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Re: Do you keep your games?

Jul 17, 2013

Hello, I sold my systems and games as well...but i didn't sell them at a fiar price...LOLSmiley Very Happy buyer be aware of me ...first let me say that i sold all working systems and games, none were damaged...but i over charged for them...My my neighbor told me that she was looking to buy a gaming system for her son...

Soooo i offerd my Nintendo 64 for 180$ and one free game...after that i made her pay 25$ for each game...i sold her this in 2001.

Next was my Sega Genesis...my moms friend was looking for a gaming system for her kids...Soooo i offerd my Sega Genesis for 150$...and 1 free game...after that i made her pay 15$ per game...i sold this 2003...i think...it might of been 2002.

Now i still have my Nintendo NES...somewhere around here...i didn't sell that system becuase it is hard to get it going...you have blow in the games alot and the system does lock up....but if worked perfectly and i was alot younger...i might of tryed to find someone to sell it to for a high price.

I don't sell my systems and games any more...I still have my Ps2 and Game Cube and Dreamcast and all there games.

Thank you for readingSmiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 48 (106 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jul 17, 2013

I only keep games that i know I have a good chance of replaying.

I just traded in a bunch of games. Got $220.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 48 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Jul 17, 2013

My dad used to get rid of my consoles but he stopped doing that after I just rebought them. I keep all of them now and now after half of my PS2 collection is gone, I have to re-buy them all again -_-.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 13 of 48 (97 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Jul 17, 2013
I pretty much sell it all. I have a few games in my collection now, but I hold no real attachment to them. I don't have enough time to play all the new stuff I want to, much less go back and play something again.
Message 14 of 48 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6935 posts

Jul 17, 2013

I keep my games since I know for sure I'm going to get the hell ripped off if I sell them. I'm looking at you Gamestop!

Message 15 of 48 (86 Views)
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Jul 17, 2013

airic82 wrote:
Just wondering if I'm alone in this, but how many people keep games in their collection just for show, to remember the great experience?

Or do you trade in most games once you've played them?

I love seeing my collection if games on my shelf. So many great memories that I hope to relive one day, though with backwards compatibility a thing of the past, I know I'll have to purchase them in a different form if I intend to do that. Still, I hang on to them.

What about you?

I own 42 PS3 titles to date.  And I will buy 4 more titles in the next 2 weeks.  I own about 60 PS2 titles, and 45 Playstation titles.  They're great programs!  I don't buy every title that comes out .  But when I make a purchase, it's serious commitment.  I take my software purchases seriously. I don't buy my programs with the intention of discarding it when I finish the program.  Unlike GAMERS, I don't need to beat a game.

Message 16 of 48 (79 Views)
MVP Support
13881 posts

Jul 17, 2013

Juan1992 wrote:

I keep my games since I know for sure I'm going to get the hell ripped off if I sell them. I'm looking at you Gamestop!

Same here. Gamestop doesn't offer people good prices (for the most part) for any games that you want to turn in.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 17 of 48 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Jul 17, 2013

It has been a few years since I had to trade in any of my games.

When I was younger, I used to do it all the time (Not like my Mom could afford to buy my brother and I every game.)

So, I would sell some of my games at family garage sales. (NES and Gameboy games.)

Then as a teen / adult, I would occasionally sell / trade in some of my games (crappy ones / yearly sports titles)  to get a new title, because I was hard-up for cash.

I still own every one of my video game consoles though, sadly, just not every NES, GB, PS2, and PS3 I've ever bought.

I like "Collecting" games / consoles. In fact, when I get some extra money, I really want to buy some of the video game systems I never got when I was a younger.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 18 of 48 (73 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Jul 17, 2013

i keep all my games. trading in games is useless and a rip-off.

Message 19 of 48 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Jul 17, 2013

I keep most. I replace games if i get a better version of them(GOTY, Ultimate edition). I have a pile of a games and its more stressing to look at than to admire. The only place i could sell them decently was craigslist but Its takes a while cause theres low ballers.

Message 20 of 48 (65 Views)
0 Likes