Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Re: Do you guys like EA? (EA - Games, Company, Business Pro...

Nov 30, 2006

BakedPigeon wrote:

Bgamer wrote:
I like EA. They make good fun pick up and play games. The series that I like from them are Madden, SSX, Burnout, and NBA Street. I wonder why people hate EA since other companies do pratically the same things that EA does.

Take games off online servers for new ones.. Activison does that too.

Realese games each year that people say aren't that different... ubisoft and activision does that.

Buy rights to games... this is a biggie I can't understand. 2K took the rights to mlb games and made the craptastic glitch filled mlb 2k6 and yet no one talks about that. Everyone still talks about how EA got nfl rights. Also the blame should be put on the nfl... the nfl wanted there to one true nfl game.. since madden was more popular and was older then the 2k series they went to them first and EA took the deal. I'm pretty sure that if the nfl went to 2k before ea they would of took the deal too.

Marketplace stuff... come on guys.. some of you are acting like you have to have the stuff. At least EA isn't putting up multiplayer levels for almost $25 (UBISOFT). As long as their a marketplace game companies are going to put stuff up. It's come to a point in which just about anything that goes up their for a game that you have to pay for gets complained about even if it's only a $1. For example the Ea cheats. People complain about them. Why?? If you don't like them and know that you can get them somewhere online then just don't buy them. no need to complain really...

But anyways I'm really looking foward to NBA Street homecourt. So yeah I like EA and understand why some hate EA but don't understand why some only hate EA when other companies do some of the same stuff that people hate EA for.

Im not trying to compare EA to other companies just to justify their company. I'm not trying to either but I just don't understand how people can just hate EA and no one else. Like I said before there's many other companies that do the same things so for a person to hate EA and just EA is something I can't understand.

It really is ridiculous that they are now charing for cheat codes.  Do I have to buy them?  Nope.  It is still a very shady move on their part IMO.Yeah I agree that cheat codes are kinda shady but I just don't get them.. also Ea could of put something up on maretplace that would of been a lot worse.

They just have a history of making the same games over and over with  little to no innovation.  I understand they do come out with new features but not much.  Well some of that is because they're sports games. You can only go so far with them espically since they don't have a story to them. Madden for example does change every year with new gameplay additions. Some people say that the people that make madden aren't innovative but I think that madden 07 for the wii proved most to be wrong since madden for the wii is still a fun football game but with new great controls for the wii remote. Really imo the same type of gameplay changes Ea makes to there games every year is the same amount that other comapanies do each year to their games. But becuase they don't have a story to them many call them "rehashes". Also there's been surveys in which gamers were asked what they would like in a sequal and most said "A brand new story"... since sports games don't have them I guess that's why many gamers as I've said before call them rehashes. One of the greatest sports series Ea makes imo is NBA Street. They change the game so much every time probably becuase they take 2 years to make one nba street game instead of just one. NBA Street Vol. 2 is still considered by many to be the best sports game sequal since it was sooo much better than NBA Street 1 and felt a lot different. I really can't wait for nba street homecourt for the 360 to come out. Looks great so far.

Great post though you did support your opinion with facts. Thanks

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 31 of 38 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6495 posts

Nov 30, 2006
No, they're starting to manopolize the industry.
Message 32 of 38 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3865 posts

Nov 30, 2006
  Not after they did this to my beloved battlefied.

PC>Every Console
Message 33 of 38 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7422 posts

Nov 30, 2006

eman94 wrote:
They are greedy.

They took the rights to make ALL NFL games. Isnt that a monopoly?

No. A monopoly is when a certain company is the only one that can participate in a spcific occupation. So if EA was the only company allowed to make video games then it would be a monopoly. If EA was the only company allowed to make games on a Sony platform then it would not be a monopoly because Sony is a private company and they can allow or ban anyone from participating in their system. Likewise, the NFL is a private company and they can give their players and teams rights to anyone they choose.

After saying that I will respond to the OP. No I do not like EA. It is not because they have the rights to the NFL that was a private business agreement. I don't like them because they make the same trash over and over each year... Madden, Live, Fifa, etc.... They just keep releasing the same games with no improvements. Also I don't like them because they charge for things in the game that should come with the game.

For instance on the PS2 in Godfather:The Game you get to level 4 in your weapons by playing the game. On the 360 you first have to pay an extra $10 for this version and then when you get to level 4 weapons you can't upgrade unless you go and buy the upgrade through the marketplace. That is EA's fair business tactics. They just charge you for everything. In Madden on the 360 they are charging for videos that show you how to play the game. If you want to learn what buttons to use to pass then you need to buy the videos EA put up. That is disgraceful.

Not to mention that most of their games suck really badly.

Photobucket
Message 34 of 38 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2522 posts

Re: Do you guys like EA?   (EA - Games, Company, Business Pro...

Nov 30, 2006
Hell no.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 35 of 38 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8532 posts

Nov 30, 2006
yea EA has alot of great games
Message 36 of 38 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Nov 30, 2006
Only 18% of their devloppers have ever been on a date..... so no.
Message 37 of 38 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7422 posts

Nov 30, 2006

Bgamer wrote:
I like EA. They make good fun pick up and play games. The series that I like from them are Madden, SSX, Burnout, and NBA Street. I wonder why people hate EA since other companies do pratically the same things that EA does.

Take games off online servers for new ones.. Activison does that too.

Realese games each year that people say aren't that different... ubisoft and activision does that.

Buy rights to games... this is a biggie I can't understand. 2K took the rights to mlb games and made the craptastic glitch filled mlb 2k6 and yet no one talks about that. Everyone still talks about how EA got nfl rights. Also the blame should be put on the nfl... the nfl wanted there to one true nfl game.. since madden was more popular and was older then the 2k series they went to them first and EA took the deal. I'm pretty sure that if the nfl went to 2k before ea they would of took the deal too.

Marketplace stuff... come on guys.. some of you are acting like you have to have the stuff. At least EA isn't putting up multiplayer levels for almost $25 (UBISOFT). As long as their a marketplace game companies are going to put stuff up. It's come to a point in which just about anything that goes up their for a game that you have to pay for gets complained about even if it's only a $1. For example the Ea cheats. People complain about them. Why?? If you don't like them and know that you can get them somewhere online then just don't buy them. no need to complain really...

But anyways I'm really looking foward to NBA Street homecourt. So yeah I like EA and understand why some hate EA but don't understand why some only hate EA when other companies do some of the same stuff that people hate EA for.

Are you actually comparing UBIsoft making a $15 exspansion pack with new weapons, new maps, new faces, new clothing, new co-op levels etc.... all which were made after the game released. To EA charging for things on day one that should have been in the game like level 4 weapons in The Godfather and Tutorials for madden. Also they are are charging for the old stadiums for madden. The sad thing is the download has been there since day one and those stadiums should have been in the game. It is not like UBIsoft released GRAW and on the same day put out a map pack that charged you.

As for madden you maybe if they wouldn't just release it every year for the brand new price with very little upgrades people would like it more. Madden should actually be something like a once every 2 years kind of game. Within those two years they could release roster updates as a patch. But they don't really care about their product so they set a deadline and release a rushed product every year. When was the last time you saw a Madden game get it's launch date delayed because they wanted to add something else or touch it up a bit more?

SIDE NOTE**** Your font is hard to read for people reading on a white skin. Choose a more solid color like blue, green or red or something like that.
Photobucket
Message 38 of 38 (1 View)
0 Likes