Apr 29 2013
By: KANE-FIRE MVP Support 8960 posts

Do you bother to convince people about your points ?

9 replies 137 views Edited Apr 29, 2013

ok since there was a thread about people wanting a different discussion here is one

When you have an opinion and someone comes disagreeing with you do you bother to reply to their message or you simple ignore it and let then happy with their opinion ? i rarely reply to their messages because if i know something a lot of people never like to admit they are wrong and will keep saying they are right no matter how many fact's  you bring to the discussion  because a lot of times what i see is someone says he is right the other one says he is wrong they continue to argue later they start calling themselves names and in the end no one wins just a waste of time.

So yea do you bother to convince the people ? if yes how many times to do you bother to replay to the other person before giving up as there no point in continuing ?

KANE-FIRE

Message 1 of 10 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Re: Do you bother to convince people about your points ?

Apr 29, 2013
No, i just ignore. No need to start an argument because of opinions.
Message 2 of 10 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Sometimes, but most of the time I let it slide Smiley Very Happy
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 3 of 10 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3181 posts

Apr 29, 2013

I'll try to make things clearer but in the end it's up to other people on how they take the discussion.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 4 of 10 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Depends on the situation. I can usually change people's opinions and make them back down easily, usually because 90% of people confuse their opinions for facts, and then I just make them look like an idiot Smiley Happy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not German or Dutch! Elfen Lied is an anime!
Message 5 of 10 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Some are just stubburn and ignorant, no matter what you say. You maybe right but the conversation only goes one way. Which really isn't a true conversation.
Message 6 of 10 (112 Views)
MVP Support
8960 posts

Apr 29, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
Some are just stubburn and ignorant, no matter what you say. You maybe right but the conversation only goes one way. Which really isn't a true conversation.

Agree some people won't admit they are wrong no matter how many times you bring fact's i guess being ignorant is one of the reason's

KANE-FIRE

Message 7 of 10 (95 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
36647 posts

Apr 29, 2013

that just depends what kinda convincing needs to be done

sometimes, i let my fists do the convnicing for me Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 10 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Message 9 of 10 (66 Views)
Platinum
54756 posts

Apr 30, 2013

It depends on the topic and then on the individual involved for me.  I like to have my opinions challenged, respectfully, and like to challenge other people on their opinions.  Allowing an open challenge and discussion on the opinions you hold is the only real way to learn and grow in my opinion.

If its a topic I'm passionate about I'll provide an argument, usually with links/facts, to back up the opinion I hold on a topic.  I'll debate differing opinions with anyone who can do so with an open mind.  The moment what I said gets ignored or the responder tries to loop back around what I said to what they originally said I peg them as a person who does not want a debate, but instead wants to just repeat their own opinion without backing it up, and I'll walk away. 

Message 10 of 10 (43 Views)