Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/28/2005
Offline
8963 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007


Jean Luc Picard wrote:
That greed that you are talking about is what makes us superior to the machines in every way.
 
Why would the machines desire to expand....to grow....what is their motivation....what is their reason for existance?
 
 
 
Greed, love, passion, Hate......are exclusive to humanity


It leeches of our own greed. they dont have motivation. we Do. that that motivation is Greed. Which is usually money. Their Existance = Money. I agree it is only i humanity, but we are putting our own greed into what we produce.
venom
Message 31 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/28/2005
Offline
8963 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007
I feel I have proven my case.
venom
Message 32 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/28/2006
Offline
48 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007
The only thing you have proven is that you have very little faith in humanity.
 
You feel that we are inherently greedy and destined for failure.
 
 
As far as evidence that we are doomed to be dominated by machines....you have produced none
Message 33 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 12/06/2003
Offline
14005 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007
well it´s only obsolete when you dont use it
Message 34 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/28/2005
Offline
8963 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007


Jean Luc Picard wrote:
The only thing you have proven is that you have very little faith in humanity.
 
You feel that we are inherently greedy and destined for failure.
 
 
As far as evidence that we are doomed to be dominated by machines....you have produced none



I have faith, But I know whats going to happen. Its inevitable. You can tell we are on a road to nothing but hell if you look at the world dictators of today. doomed by our own mind that produced the machines. Greed is everything. In my eye's, None of this will happen in my lifetime. So I'll just keep on with my healthy lifestyle.
venom
Message 35 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/16/2003
Offline
3658 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007


Solid_Raiden wrote:
I feel I have proven my case.


not everyone that's successful in this world has to be full of greed. although, some folks are more vulnerable to temptation than others yes. the mind is not obsolete just because of some ppl's bad decisions or intentions.




Currently playing on PS3: MGS4, Uncharted, Resistance, GT5 Prologue, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Socom: Confrontation, MLB The Show 09, Killzone 2, HVB, MK2, Jeopardy, SSHD, Street Fighter Alpha, Mega Man 9
Message 36 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/28/2005
Offline
8963 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007


staind1 wrote:


Solid_Raiden wrote:
I feel I have proven my case.


not everyone that's successful in this world has to be full of greed. although, some folks are more vulnerable to temptation than others yes. the mind is not obsolete just because of some ppl's bad decisions or intentions.



not everyone, but to be someone, you gotta have cash. You gotta hve greed. havent you noticed that?
venom
Message 37 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/05/2007
Offline
1408 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007


Solid_Raiden wrote:


dArK_RoMeO wrote:


Solid_Raiden wrote:


tunefro wrote:


Solid_Raiden wrote:
That the human mind, Is obsolete?


Obsolete means that it was once useful, now it isn't. In what way was the human mind before better than it is now?


The human mind has many cons.

It has become lazy, the use of machinery and such has slowed down the usage of the mind/brain.
Drugs have the human mind fried.
Money has the Human mind in basiaclly a arms race.
Greed has ruined the mind by far.


I think the body has become lazy, I think our brain is in more use than ever but I don't realyl have any facts.
Depends.
Money and greed has always been on the mind, that hasn't changed.


The human mind has produced machines that are 10x better then the human brain. Now how can you say that its not obsolete?
In its own arms race, it has been beaten.


Bs....I have never seen or heard of a machine that can work as good as a human brain. The day there is one....that can produce thoughts and feelings...is the day we will be in trouble. But  for now we have this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4upvi5ytFI
Until that robot could atleast run up stairs without falling I doubt any machine could compare to the human mind.
Message 38 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/16/2003
Offline
3658 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007


Solid_Raiden wrote:


staind1 wrote:


Solid_Raiden wrote:
I feel I have proven my case.


not everyone that's successful in this world has to be full of greed. although, some folks are more vulnerable to temptation than others yes. the mind is not obsolete just because of some ppl's bad decisions or intentions.



not everyone, but to be someone, you gotta have cash. You gotta hve greed. havent you noticed that?


imo, to be someone is to be yourself.  to make it big definitely requires success. the path to success isn't ever going to be an easy route, and to some won't be the righteous one. everything has pros and con's......


Message Edited by staind1 on 03-26-2007 12:41 PM




Currently playing on PS3: MGS4, Uncharted, Resistance, GT5 Prologue, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Socom: Confrontation, MLB The Show 09, Killzone 2, HVB, MK2, Jeopardy, SSHD, Street Fighter Alpha, Mega Man 9
Message 39 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
1993 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007
Maybe your mind is obsolete. Mine isn't though
Message 40 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes