Reply
Monster Hunter
Registered: 03/22/2007
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007
Your mind is from your brain, and the brain isnt only as a tool organ, if you consider how many information and how fast its capable of yes it may not compete a machine but size and speed are not all that matter. How can a robot create a painting in which he is able to express his inner world or to visualize about how he understands the world thats surrounding him or how he is thinking of his own life experience. The brain is much more than a processor and still remains many mysteries undiscovered, theres no way it would ever have been obsolete
Message 21 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/28/2005
Offline
8963 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007


P_GS wrote:
Your mind is from your brain, and the brain isnt only as a tool organ, if you consider how many information and how fast its capable of yes it may not compete a machine but size and speed are not all that matter. How can a robot create a painting in which he is able to express his inner world or to visualize about how he understands the world thats surrounding him or how he is thinking of his own life experience. The brain is much more than a processor and still remains many mysteries undiscovered, theres no way it would ever have been obsolete



All your saying, is that the brain is authentic, and AI is not. I agree. but with the Help of the Brain/Mind, The AI will just get better and better, and eventually blow the mind out of the water. The Human race is done. we're just waiting to die.
venom
Message 22 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/14/2007
Offline
270 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007
Think of it this way ... The human brain uses FAR less the 10% of its maximum capacity .... wich if you ask me is probably Limitless ... So ... The mind is not obsolete ... its just not at maximum power yet ( just evolve a lil bit more)
Message 23 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/28/2005
Offline
8963 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007


Dicekai wrote:
Think of it this way ... The human brain uses FAR less the 10% of its maximum capacity .... wich if you ask me is probably Limitless ... So ... The mind is not obsolete ... its just not at maximum power yet ( just evolve a lil bit more)



Which most likely will not happen in our life time. so as of now, its still obsolete.



why cant anyone come up with better points then me..
venom
Message 24 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/14/2007
Offline
270 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007
Only humans have the capability to create Artificial Intelligence ... Therefore as long as we keep it under control(ruled by us /Programmed not to harm Any humans And not to learn anything beyond that of what a mentally handicapped human can understand\ it will In theory remain slave like Robot=slave Computer=Calculator with a REALLY big screen ... are you insane ... this isnt the world of Terminator we are living in ...
Message 25 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 03/22/2007
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007


Solid_Raiden wrote:


P_GS wrote:
Your mind is from your brain, and the brain isnt only as a tool organ, if you consider how many information and how fast its capable of yes it may not compete a machine but size and speed are not all that matter. How can a robot create a painting in which he is able to express his inner world or to visualize about how he understands the world thats surrounding him or how he is thinking of his own life experience. The brain is much more than a processor and still remains many mysteries undiscovered, theres no way it would ever have been obsolete



All your saying, is that the brain is authentic, and AI is not. I agree. but with the Help of the Brain/Mind, The AI will just get better and better, and eventually blow the mind out of the water. The Human race is done. we're just waiting to die.


Thats not come to a conclusion, thats what in discussing so don use it like its been proven
Message 26 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/06/2004
Offline
8161 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007
Lets Keep the political discussion out of this thread so that it might hope to survive.
Account Removed due to Inactivity.

Thanks for being a part of my life PSU
Message 27 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/28/2005
Offline
8963 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007


P_GS wrote:


Solid_Raiden wrote:


P_GS wrote:
Your mind is from your brain, and the brain isnt only as a tool organ, if you consider how many information and how fast its capable of yes it may not compete a machine but size and speed are not all that matter. How can a robot create a painting in which he is able to express his inner world or to visualize about how he understands the world thats surrounding him or how he is thinking of his own life experience. The brain is much more than a processor and still remains many mysteries undiscovered, theres no way it would ever have been obsolete



All your saying, is that the brain is authentic, and AI is not. I agree. but with the Help of the Brain/Mind, The AI will just get better and better, and eventually blow the mind out of the water. The Human race is done. we're just waiting to die.


Thats not come to a conclusion, thats what in discussing so don use it like its been proven


But its obvious. I will use it like its been proven because it has.
venom
Message 28 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/28/2005
Offline
8963 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007


Dicekai wrote:
Only humans have the capability to create Artificial Intelligence ... Therefore as long as we keep it under control(ruled by us /Programmed not to harm Any humans And not to learn anything beyond that of what a mentally handicapped human can understand\ it will In theory remain slave like Robot=slave Computer=Calculator with a REALLY big screen ... are you insane ... this isnt the world of Terminator we are living in ...


it will relapse and prove us wrong again.
venom
Message 29 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/28/2006
Offline
48 posts
 

Re: Do you agree?

Mar 26, 2007
That greed that you are talking about is what makes us superior to the machines in every way.
 
Why would the machines desire to expand....to grow....what is their motivation....what is their reason for existance?
 
 
 
Greed, love, passion, Hate......are exclusive to humanity
Message 30 of 57 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes