Last Guardian
9959 posts

Re: Do people value virtual world more than real life?

May 16, 2014
God I hope not. It would be a sad day if most people did.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 11 of 19 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

May 16, 2014
There's parts of Japan where people basically live through their online identity. Its a huge thing to have a presence in an online community for some people. Personally, I put a lot in the virtual world, but I definitely have much more to do in the real world.
beta mag photo: S.V.E.R. Beta Sig. sverbetatester.png
Message 12 of 19 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

May 16, 2014

Blockhead_Brown wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

A lot of people. Some because their real life sucks. I am rich and have a nice life in Grand Theft Auto 5 online. I'm not rich yet, but I am trying to make the one percent in real life.

That's depressing.

them or me? lol

KZMProductionsGT
Message 13 of 19 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2024 posts

May 16, 2014

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

Blockhead_Brown wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

A lot of people. Some because their real life sucks. I am rich and have a nice life in Grand Theft Auto 5 online. I'm not rich yet, but I am trying to make the one percent in real life.

That's depressing.

them or me? lol

I don't know how to answer that. I wasn't trying to be mean to you though if that's what you're asking.

Message 14 of 19 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

May 16, 2014

Blockhead_Brown wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

Blockhead_Brown wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

That's depressing.

them or me? lol

I don't know how to answer that. I wasn't trying to be mean to you though if that's what you're asking.

No you're not being mean lol. If there is one thing you should know about me is that I have been called many things, so don't worry about my feelings. Just let it out.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 15 of 19 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2014

I don't see anything wrong with that, it's okay to VALUE your virtual life more than RL.

What's not okay is to take real life not as seriously as you should, when you play too much and don't do your obligations. That's **bleep**ed up and you should try to play less and less or find new things to entertain you.

Message 16 of 19 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
466 posts

May 16, 2014
Stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back. Most people live in a virtual insanity like that jamiriqoi dude said. Life is what you make it, video games are limited. If computers are more interesting than other people, than maybe other people are not the problem. Even astronauts havent seen everything, probably not the reason they became astronauts anyway just like I didnt become a gamer because I dont want to care about anything else.
Message 17 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2024 posts

May 16, 2014

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

Spoiler
Blockhead_Brown wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

Blockhead_Brown wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

That's depressing.

them or me? lol

No you're not being mean lol. If there is one thing you should know about me is that I have been called many things, so don't worry about my feelings. Just let it out.

The one percent is a small group of people that own an overwhelming portion of all resources in the country. I couldn't imagine wanting to own that amount. Wouldn't mind being financial set for life, but before I ever got anywhere near the wealth to put me at the 1 percent my sharing mentality would kick in and I'd give away enough money that I would never reach that goal.
Message 18 of 19 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

May 16, 2014

I'm constantly being insulted and disrespected by my family and many of the other people I know in the real life and Before I started playing video games there were several times where I contemplated suicide. After I started gaming I found a place where I was respected and where I could be happy which causes me to prefer the virtual life to the real world.

Message 19 of 19 (47 Views)
0 Likes