Treasure Hunter
8030 posts

Re: Do Prostitutes Deserve Our Scorn?

May 13, 2014

Speaking of which, the owner of that Bunny Ranch is a lucky pig. 

Asperger's is the leading cause of hate against women. End patriarchy now by donating to the EminentFury Asperger's Research Fund.
Wais_45 is a good guy.
Message 11 of 24 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8190 posts

May 13, 2014
I'm not into it, but I'm also not into adopting ideologies rooted in the belief that outside individuals, societies or institutions own another's body.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 12 of 24 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1713 posts

May 13, 2014

Aeryn_James wrote:
I'm not into it, but I'm also not into adopting ideologies rooted in the belief that outside individuals, societies or institutions own another's body.

You have some very good answers, and outlook about, the fact that it's nobodys buisness what anyone does with their body except  that person, not the government,churches, other people, it is their decisions and theirs alone.

Message 13 of 24 (124 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

May 13, 2014
Many criminals such as murderers, rapists and child molesters suffer from the same pasts and mental illnesses. Do we give them a hall pass as well?
Message 14 of 24 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
592 posts

May 13, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Many criminals such as murderers, rapists and child molesters suffer from the same pasts and mental illnesses. Do we give them a hall pass as well?

they make decisions that directly influence others without their consent, though.

prostitutes on the other hand make decisions that are between them and other adults who are consenting to that decision. minus all of the problems that exist within the sex industry but that's an entirely different topic.

ferguson is a weird name for an iraqi village
Message 15 of 24 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

May 13, 2014
@hannah-goes-rawr

I understand that however we are supposed to sympathize based on the exact same things that can be found in most criminal backgrounds.

I also don't believe prostitution should be legal. It's bad enough that there are people who fall into this illegally. Legalize it and you will see many more people with otherwise bright futures fall victim to this kind of life.
Message 16 of 24 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1817 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2014

Ideally, any transaction between fully consenting adults, provided no one is being harmed or exploited against their will, should be entirely their own business.  It's time people quit projecting their own values onto what other people do in their bedrooms.

Message 17 of 24 (101 Views)
Wastelander
592 posts

May 14, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@hannah-goes-rawr

I understand that however we are supposed to sympathize based on the exact same things that can be found in most criminal backgrounds.

I also don't believe prostitution should be legal. It's bad enough that there are people who fall into this illegally. Legalize it and you will see many more people with otherwise bright futures fall victim to this kind of life.

isn't this the same kind of reasoning that goes into marijuana debate? most of the problems associated with the trade are directly correlated with the illegality of the trade. the moral conflicts, however, are much more debatable and really i have no opinion on that because i believe nobody owns anyone else.

ferguson is a weird name for an iraqi village
Message 18 of 24 (91 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

May 14, 2014

No they dont. And sexual services have existed since like.....forever. I wish we were more open to it being legal like Europe but we are still stuck on puritanism in some aspects.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 19 of 24 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3450 posts

May 14, 2014

I don't scorn prostitutes.  If anything, they are more honest about trading their sexual favors than most others. 

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Message 20 of 24 (73 Views)
0 Likes