May 13 2014
By: EminentFury Treasure Hunter 8030 posts

Do Prostitutes Deserve Our Scorn?

[ Edited ]
23 replies 190 views Edited May 13, 2014

I was watching one of those documentaries on either HBO or Showtime (???) profiling prostitutes and their day to day business, and listening to their stories sort of tugged at my heart strings. A lot of them were abused as children and have some sort of undiagnosed mental illness. Many of them are destitute and indebted to some pimp. But strictly in terms of what they do, I find that their trade is quite admirable. They're sacrificing their bodies for the world's enjoyment in pursuit of the American dream. 

Asperger's is the leading cause of hate against women. End patriarchy now by donating to the EminentFury Asperger's Research Fund.
Wais_45 is a good guy.
Message 1 of 24 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
412 posts

Re: Do Prostitutes Deserve Our Scorn?

May 13, 2014

I do not consider it a profession that deserves any sort of admiration. It serves as sexual pleasure for dishonest men (mostly) and enables adultery. I think the people that are willing to resort to it to feed their families are admirable, however. At the same time, they need aid. This is a destructive "profession" and a dangerous one.

But prostitutes do NOT deserve scorn. Their pimps and the "johns" do.

ex aceity signature
Message 2 of 24 (187 Views)
First Son
25 posts

May 13, 2014
Message 3 of 24 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8030 posts

May 13, 2014

ExAseity wrote:

I do not consider it a profession that deserves any sort of admiration. It serves as sexual pleasure for dishonest men (mostly) and enables adultery. I think the people that are willing to resort to it to feed their families are admirable, however. At the same time, they need aid. This is a destructive "profession" and a dangerous one.

So what about the men that aren't married? 

Johns put food on their table, though. 

Asperger's is the leading cause of hate against women. End patriarchy now by donating to the EminentFury Asperger's Research Fund.
Wais_45 is a good guy.
Message 4 of 24 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

May 13, 2014

I know a  real life Nympho. I can tell stories...

There are many kinds of prostitutes, I don't scorn them. I hope the ones that like it keep having fun, if that is their thing. I really hope the ones that are forced into it, or that want to get out, are freed. 

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 5 of 24 (170 Views)
Sackboy
412 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2014

EminentFury wrote:

ExAseity wrote:

So what about the men that aren't married? 

Johns put food on their table, though. 

The men are using these women as sexual objects for the relief of pleasure. I believe that is morally wrong to do. The women do not want to be prostitutes in most cases. They are forced into the job by the economy or often by these pimps. 

Johns put food on their table. Meth heads keep food on meth dealers' tables as well. And that is wrong as well.

ex aceity signature
Message 6 of 24 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8183 posts

May 13, 2014
I don't think it is anyone's business, and I certainly don't think it is the governments business.

Who owns our bodies?

Criminalization breeds organized crime and supports an underground society that allows for disease and abuse.

In Nevada, the men and woman are safe, protected and tested.

I will never feel the need to tell adults what they can or cannot do with their bodies.

Prohibition doesn't work, but it looks good on paper.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 7 of 24 (149 Views)
Sackboy
412 posts

May 13, 2014

Aeryn_James wrote:
I don't think it is anyone's business, and I certainly don't think it is the governments business.

Who owns our bodies?

Criminalization breeds organized crime and supports an underground society that allows for disease and abuse.

In Nevada, the men and woman are safe, protected and tested.

I will never feel the need to tell adults what they can or cannot do with their bodies.

Prohibition doesn't work, but it looks good on paper.

As if decriminalization of prostitution would actually stop the sex trade industry. It would help employ some of the self-run prostitutes. The pimps would still be fine.

ex aceity signature
Message 8 of 24 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8183 posts

May 13, 2014
"As if decriminalization of prostitution would actually stop the sex trade industry. It would help employ some of the self-run prostitutes. The pimps would still be fine."

When did I imply decriminalization would hinder the sex trade?

I implied it would hinder organized crimeand the abuses inherent to organized crime.

See current marijuana laws or America's history of alcohol prohibition.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
With few exceptions, true suppression, repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality
Message 9 of 24 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8183 posts

May 13, 2014
Do pimps "run the show" in Nevada?

Nope! Sex industry workers can leave at will and are not compelled through violent cohersion.

Message 10 of 24 (144 Views)
0 Likes