Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 22 2006
By: thegoodnamesaretaken~ Uncharted Territory 2088 posts

Dissapearing memory on my Mac

3 replies 2 views Edited Nov 22, 2006
I need to edit a movie for a project this weekend, so i fired up iMovie for the first time, and surprisingly, the raw video files themselvs took up about 5 gigs of memory on my computer. As i kept editing it, even after deleting clips, the memory kept going down and down and dow. Now I deleted the project, and even though OSX told me the project was 2.04 Gigs, i only got 80 megs back. Where did all the memory go???? Thanks in advance
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7691 posts

Re: Dissapearing memory on my Mac

Nov 22, 2006

thegoodnamesaretaken wrote:
I need to edit a movie for a project this weekend, so i fired up iMovie for the first time, and surprisingly, the raw video files themselvs took up about 5 gigs of memory on my computer. As i kept editing it, even after deleting clips, the memory kept going down and down and dow. Now I deleted the project, and even though OSX told me the project was 2.04 Gigs, i only got 80 megs back. Where did all the memory go???? Thanks in advance

well i think you might have to delete the clips (not the ones you imported into iMovie) but the original ones.

XBL Gamertag: AAABattery Syphon Filter LS: kishou
¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸ ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ Legend ¸„ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨ Bob Marley ``°º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º ``°º¤ø„¸ ¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„
Tyrone Biggums: "That's impossible Ronda, how can you sleep if you high on crack? Chinese riddle for you."
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2088 posts

Nov 22, 2006

kishou wrote:

well i think you might have to delete the clips (not the ones you imported into iMovie) but the original ones.

I did, and if i didnt, i cant find them with spotlight
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7691 posts

Nov 22, 2006

kishou wrote:

I did, and if i didnt, i cant find them with spotlight

hmmm. sry can't help you then bud.
XBL Gamertag: AAABattery Syphon Filter LS: kishou
¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸ ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ Legend ¸„ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨ Bob Marley ``°º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º ``°º¤ø„¸ ¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„
Tyrone Biggums: "That's impossible Ronda, how can you sleep if you high on crack? Chinese riddle for you."
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes