Fender Bender
3059 posts

Re: Direct T.V.

Nov 26, 2006

I have DirecTV right now. I haven't ever lost the signal. Not during heavy rain, not during intense thunderstorms, and not even during heavy snow storms.

The only time I have ever lost the signal due to weather was all the way back in 1997, during a very heavy snowstorm with the large Primestar dish. But a quick wipe and it was back on.

Digital cable, on the other hand, SUCKED. The analog channels (and there were far more of them than digital) were fuzzy, would drop out during heavy winds, etc. The digital channels would pixelate and skip during bad weather and they were compressed to the point to where they looked comparable to some of the better looking videos on Youtube.

Digital cable just plain sucks. DirecTV is the way to go. It's much cheaper than cable, you get all kinds of great XM channels, and even if you buy all the movie channels and their biggest channel package, you'll still be paying less than you would with cable and getting far more.

NFL Network is part of DirecTV packages. NFL Sunday Ticket isn't. NFL Sunday Ticket is the package you buy that lets you watch ALL NFL games from EVERYWHERE in the country.

Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 11 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Nov 26, 2006

wrote:

I have DirecTV right now. I haven't ever lost the signal. Not during heavy rain, not during intense thunderstorms, and not even during heavy snow storms.

The only time I have ever lost the signal due to weather was all the way back in 1997, during a very heavy snowstorm with the large Primestar dish. But a quick wipe and it was back on.

Digital cable, on the other hand, SUCKED. The analog channels (and there were far more of them than digital) were fuzzy, would drop out during heavy winds, etc. The digital channels would pixelate and skip during bad weather and they were compressed to the point to where they looked comparable to some of the better looking videos on Youtube.

Digital cable just plain sucks. DirecTV is the way to go. It's much cheaper than cable, you get all kinds of great XM channels, and even if you buy all the movie channels and their biggest channel package, you'll still be paying less than you would with cable and getting far more.

NFL Network is part of DirecTV packages. NFL Sunday Ticket isn't. NFL Sunday Ticket is the package you buy that lets you watch ALL NFL games from EVERYWHERE in the country.

I have digital cable and I have no problems with it.
Message 12 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8407 posts

Nov 26, 2006

wrote:

Man thanks alot and about NFL Ticket how much is it but thanks alot!
No Current Sig.
Message 13 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8248 posts

Nov 26, 2006
yeah i have direct tv...there are a lot of football channels but idk what one ur specificaly asking...i dont really pay attention to those channels lol.but yeah i dont really like direct tv cuz i had cable all my life and i practicly knew the channels and stations by heart...and now all the direct tv channels are all different and it sux cuz like there are huge gaps between channels...like i'm just flipping through the channels...then suddely it gets to a section where i have to buy the channel to watch it...so i keep going and there are like a whole buch of those. i hate that. its so hard to find the station i want.
Message 14 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2881 posts

Nov 26, 2006
its a free channnel it rocks!!!!!
Photobucket
Join www.technicallity.com
|Sony Technical Support: 1-800-345-SONY (1-800-345-7669).|

Message 15 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8407 posts

Nov 26, 2006

TEKKEN King wrote:
yeah i have direct tv...there are a lot of football channels but idk what one ur specificaly asking...i dont really pay attention to those channels lol.but yeah i dont really like direct tv cuz i had cable all my life and i practicly knew the channels and stations by heart...and now all the direct tv channels are all different and it sux cuz like there are huge gaps between channels...like i'm just flipping through the channels...then suddely it gets to a section where i have to buy the channel to watch it...so i keep going and there are like a whole buch of those. i hate that. its so hard to find the station i want.

Yeah..ive heard that too and ive seen you gotta flip through all that crap of stuff that isnt free so that sucks
No Current Sig.
Message 16 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8407 posts

Nov 26, 2006
BuMp--- Just tell me anything you think I should know and your opinions on this please!
No Current Sig.
Message 17 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
512 posts

Nov 26, 2006
We had Direct. But then they wanted money for a dvr. then to upgrade and use all the dvr features they wanted more money. Went to comcast and at the same price that Direct wanted we got the same channels plus full function DVR and HBO. Direct was good, but they started jacking up the price after a year.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 18 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 26, 2006

jam1271 wrote:
We had Direct. But then they wanted money for a dvr. then to upgrade and use all the dvr features they wanted more money. Went to comcast and at the same price that Direct wanted we got the same channels plus full function DVR and HBO. Direct was good, but they started jacking up the price after a year.

They haven't changed the price at all here.

Compared to cable, which we had here for three years, we saw the bill nearly double in that amount of time.

Cable does offer good promotional prices. But after the promotional period, you get ripped off BAD. And most cable companies WILL charge you a rent/lease for the DVR + the DVR service fee. DirecTV just charges the few bucks for the DVR service, no different than anyone else.

And keep in mind that with DirecTV you buy the equipment. You're not renting it (and paying more) like you are with cable. What you have you OWN.

And to answer the question from earlier, the cost of NFL Sunday Ticket depends on the time of the season. You'll have to call to find out how much it is now since the season is more than half over.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 19 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Nov 26, 2006

darkdeath43 wrote:

pspkid wrote:
Yes NFL network is free. It is much cheaper than cable. It has a bunch of xm radio stations and it has to rain and be a real big storm to go out. Probably about 3-5 hours a year for me at the most. I love it.

I thought NFL network was like $80.

Thats the NFL Sunday Ticket
Message 20 of 28 (3 Views)
0 Likes