Its very good and im watching it in Hi-Def right now
Message 21 of 28 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3449 posts

Re: Direct T.V.

Nov 26, 2006

brooks2392 wrote:
Well my uncle has Direcy TV and were trying to convince my mom to get it because it has so many benifits.... and it also is cheaper than Comcast stupid cable T.V so yeah... i got some questions does anyone know if NFL Network for free or a channel you gotta pay extra for....also would you suggest it? When it rains does the cable go out?

well i have direct tv and it sucks when it rains or heavy winds the signal goes out or when a airplane passes by ( i live in los angeles like 20min from lax) but my friend has comcast so much better they pay like 80 bucks a month in get everthing from hbo, starts, in cinema. and they get cable internet which is way fasters ( depends were you live ). with direct tv i pay 70 bucks a month with only hbo but i have all the other channels. what i like about direct tv is that you get the east coast and west coast channels. like lets say fox i could watch the advace channels.

but yea comcast is way better

PSN=PRODIGYPROOF
Message 22 of 28 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 26, 2006

lakers_all_theway wrote:

brooks2392 wrote:
Well my uncle has Direcy TV and were trying to convince my mom to get it because it has so many benifits.... and it also is cheaper than Comcast stupid cable T.V so yeah... i got some questions does anyone know if NFL Network for free or a channel you gotta pay extra for....also would you suggest it? When it rains does the cable go out?

well i have direct tv and it sucks when it rains or heavy winds the signal goes out or when a airplane passes by ( i live in los angeles like 20min from lax) but my friend has comcast so much better they pay like 80 bucks a month in get everthing from hbo, starts, in cinema. and they get cable internet which is way fasters ( depends were you live ). with direct tv i pay 70 bucks a month with only hbo but i have all the other channels. what i like about direct tv is that you get the east coast and west coast channels. like lets say fox i could watch the advace channels.

Then your equipment isn't installed properly.

I've had satellite for years and only had one signal drop due to a very bad storm.

But I've had cable go out with strong winds, rain, even just randomly. Cable just........ sucks. It's more expensive, the image quality is inferior, you have to deal with analog channels which look worse than the already overly compressed digital channels, the customer support sucks, etc. etc.

DirecTV is better in every way.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 23 of 28 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10490 posts

Nov 26, 2006

wrote:

lakers_all_theway wrote:

brooks2392 wrote:

I've had satellite for years and only had one signal drop due to a very bad storm.

But I've had cable go out with strong winds, rain, even just randomly. Cable just........ sucks. It's more expensive, the image quality is inferior, you have to deal with analog channels which look worse than the already overly compressed digital channels, the customer support sucks, etc. etc.

mine goes out in bad storms too.
Message 24 of 28 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 26, 2006

g_unit2004 wrote:

wrote:

lakers_all_theway wrote:

brooks2392 wrote:

mine goes out in bad storms too.

Then yours isn't installed right either Smiley Tongue We've had some pretty terrible/awesome thunderstorms here, heavy snow, heavy rain.. no signal loss at all. Just once with Primestar almost 10 years ago.

Message 25 of 28 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3449 posts

Nov 26, 2006
well i dont know but it sucks may be  because  all of the airplanes passing by?

PSN=PRODIGYPROOF
Message 26 of 28 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 26, 2006

lakers_all_theway wrote:
well i dont know but it sucks may be  because  all of the airplanes passing by?

Nope. Because your equipment isn't installed right, and because you are a lakers fan.

Message 27 of 28 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8407 posts

Nov 26, 2006
Thank you for all the help guys..
No Current Sig.
Message 28 of 28 (5 Views)