Highlighted
Dec 22 2012
By: buckallmighty Ghost of Sparta 10644 posts

Define spoilers please...

13 replies 182 views Edited Dec 22, 2012
As i take part in "the game that shall not be named" i am constantly asked, do you have the code from yesterdays yada yada puzzle.. Or do you know where todays, dont say it buck, are located.. Ive always been more than happy to help people with things like this but since it seems to be frowned upon here on the forums ive been worried about helping people. Is this situation something i could get rightfully reported for on ps home if i gave said person the code or directions they needed? Not trying to drag this all back up but i have had excessively more people asking me over the last two days and im starting to get the feeling someone is trying to use my kindness against me. Is helping someone with a game inside of playstation home a terms of service violation?
Message 1 of 14 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9589 posts

Re: Define spoilers please...

Dec 22, 2012

Defintion of "Spoiler":

A spoiler is any element of any summary or description of any piece of fiction that reveals any plot element which will give away the outcome of a dramatic episode within the work of fiction or the conclusion of the entire work. It can also be used to refer to any piece of information regarding any part of a given media.

It is not a "Spoiler" if the person asks you how to solve a puzzle in a game. If you are in Playstation Home. Just make sure you give the answer to the person in a PM (Personal Message) so only the person that asked for your help can see your reply.

If someone in HOME asks you for help in solving a puzzle in a game and you give them the answer in private, and then they report you for "Spoilers", you would not get banned. When a report is made in HOME, the HOME MODS look at the Textbox to see what was said a few minutes before the report and a few minutes after the report. The MODS would see that the person asked you for the answer. 

Again, make sure you give the answer in a PM so people that do not want the solution to the puzzle will not be able to read the answer.

349.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 2 of 14 (175 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Ok cool thank you. Are you a mod or a volunteer? If not do you know one that can give you a kudos for that to confirm it? Not saying i dont trust or believe your answer just saying i am looking to have this confirmed 100%. So i have no reason whatsoever to worry in the future. you understand im sure.
Message 3 of 14 (172 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40519 posts

Dec 22, 2012

buckallmighty wrote:
Ok cool thank you. Are you a mod or a volunteer? If not do you know one that can give you a kudos for that to confirm it? Not saying i dont trust or believe your answer just saying i am looking to have this confirmed 100%. So i have no reason whatsoever to worry in the future. you understand im sure.

bronxsushi is not a Moderator & neither am I, Moderators can be identified on these Forum by their blue font & by the emblem next to their PSN ID on the far left, but bronxsushi's response & answer to you is correct.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 14 (160 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I have to jump in here. Not to answer but to ask a further question. Is there a statute of limitations on spoilers? For example if I just now started watching the Star Wars saga for the first time could I reasonably expect people not to give away important parts of the plot?

Message 5 of 14 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Dec 24, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

I have to jump in here. Not to answer but to ask a further question. Is there a statute of limitations on spoilers? For example if I just now started watching the Star Wars saga for the first time could I reasonably expect people not to give away important parts of the plot?

If you've avoided the spoilers after all these years and have a thread going (or start one), just make sure to define such a rule in the OP that it's your first time and that you don't want anything spoiled.  Aside from using the Spoiler tag, you might also want them to label such spoilers for a particular movie (Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, etc.) so that you know which ones to avoid outright and which ones to go back to or openly discuss (the latter is probably a minefield unless people are cautious about not mentioning how a particular event fits into a later movie that you haven't watched yet).

That's how I'd go about it at the very least.

Message 6 of 14 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Dec 25, 2012

I stopped caring about spoilers because my generation is completely stupid.

Message 7 of 14 (108 Views)
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Dec 25, 2012

renatabls wrote:

Oh, I agree.

I remember reading something about Game of Thrones (forgot what it was) back during S1 and someone dropped a certain spoiler in the comment section with no warning or anything.  Instantly **bleep**.  People think crap like that is funny to just drop the random spoilers in comment sections.

Message 8 of 14 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Dec 25, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

renatabls wrote:

Oh, I agree.

I remember reading something about Game of Thrones (forgot what it was) back during S1 and someone dropped a certain spoiler in the comment section with no warning or anything.  Instantly **bleep**.  People think crap like that is funny to just drop the random spoilers in comment sections.

Yeah, people are just stupid these days.

Like, really stupid. They just don't care, as long as they's laughing... and i'm not even talking about spoilers, i'm talking about real **bleep**.

Message 9 of 14 (100 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40519 posts

Dec 25, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

Lol, I think there must be some statute of limitations on this ne1, Star Wars was released on May 25th 1977, some 35 years ago, if someone hasn't seen that by now then they deserve to be spolit lol.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 10 of 14 (94 Views)
0 Likes