Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2005
Offline
3059 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007


_overnight wrote:
Well here's the thing: there is a big difference between debate and argument. All i asked was for you to give some facts that actually gave your side

"It's just that someone counters your argument and you start flaming them and insulting them." - Sauron

That clearly states that your partner in crime believes there was an argument. Anyways, I don't have to prove anything to you or Sauron seeing that you both like to talk trash towards me, so I completely ignore you both while gaining the upper hand with delivering anger.

you compared the people who pirate music to children who are simply stealing music for the rush of doing something illegal, but i dont think this is a reasonable comparison

I don't see anywhere that I compared it to a child stealing music. Don't confuse comparison with analogy. Both words have similar meanings, but different aspects and uses.

That's all I have to say.



The whole discussion about an "Argument" was already handled by Earthbound. But I would like to add to the fact that "argument" can be taken a number of different ways. Specifically, the word "Argument" is easier to type out than "friendly debate" or even "intelligent discussion". The word argument can easily take the place of "intelligent discussion" as Earthbound pointed out by bringing up trials as an example.
 
My whole point in coming into the thread was discussion. It was you, however, that started the mud slinging and name calling whenever someone would bring up a point that is opposite of what you said. Nobody said anything rude towards you, nobody called you a name, nobody flamed you. There was no "Trash talking" until you started. Even then, the trash talking was entirely on your end with the rest of us asking why can't you discuss something intelligently instead of calling everyone names and sending harassing and insulting PMs. 
 
You're only fooling yourself if you believe you gained any "upper hand" by ignoring intelligent discussing and dropping yourself to the level of childish insults and harassment. All your insulting, name calling, and all of that nonsense did was make people wonder what your problem is and not "wow he sure gained the upper hand on those who didn't agree with him!"
 
All you really did was make a post that was basically designed to incite and argument/debate/discussion, then when people came in disagreeing with you.. all you did was insult them and then try to act like they were the problem.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 81 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2005
Offline
3059 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007


_overnight wrote:
No, Sauron assumed it was an arguement. He was clearly wrong. I call you two "partners in crme" because everytime there is a Microsoft thread you two come harassing my opinions and facts. Sauron more than you though.

I "threw" a "Smiley Very Happy" at you because you insisted that I reply back to him (Sauron), I didn't have to argue with someone who is primarily looking for trouble. I'm one of the "bad boys" here at PSU, ask anyone.

I'm trying to not flame people like I used to because I now see that it's pointless.

Now that you know, just don't force anyone to prove a point, or agree with some who is enticing an flame fest. That's all, nothing against you though.

Think of me as PSU's Abel Nightroad, Vash, etc...



Read my other post. ANd don't try to backtrack now. Your original post was clearly designed to start some kind of discussion or debate. You knew it would. Then when people disagreed with you, you started to insult them and all kinds of other nonsense. Nobody did it back at you. It was all you. Now you're trying to backtrack?
 
Oh and "don't force someone to prove a point"? What kind of BS is that? So I can go around telling certain groups of activists that they're wrong just because I feel they're wrong? I don't think so. If you can't backup your own statements then you have no place to say them.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 82 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/08/2005
Offline
12385 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007

(funny how you were the only who were "insulted" huh?)



wrote:


_overnight wrote:
No, Sauron assumed it was an arguement. He was clearly wrong. I call you two "partners in crme" because everytime there is a Microsoft thread you two come harassing my opinions and facts. Sauron more than you though.

I "threw" a "Smiley Very Happy" at you because you insisted that I reply back to him (Sauron), I didn't have to argue with someone who is primarily looking for trouble. I'm one of the "bad boys" here at PSU, ask anyone.

I'm trying to not flame people like I used to because I now see that it's pointless.

Now that you know, just don't force anyone to prove a point, or agree with some who is enticing an flame fest. That's all, nothing against you though.

Think of me as PSU's Abel Nightroad, Vash, etc...



Read my other post. ANd don't try to backtrack now. Your original post was clearly designed to start some kind of discussion or debate. You knew it would. Then when people disagreed with you, you started to insult them and all kinds of other nonsense. Nobody did it back at you. It was all you. Now you're trying to backtrack?
 
Oh and "don't force someone to prove a point"? What kind of BS is that? So I can go around telling certain groups of activists that they're wrong just because I feel they're wrong? I don't think so. If you can't backup your own statements then you have no place to say them.



Message 83 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/08/2005
Offline
12385 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007


wrote:


_overnight wrote:
Well here's the thing: there is a big difference between debate and argument. All i asked was for you to give some facts that actually gave your side

"It's just that someone counters your argument and you start flaming them and insulting them." - Sauron

That clearly states that your partner in crime believes there was an argument. Anyways, I don't have to prove anything to you or Sauron seeing that you both like to talk trash towards me, so I completely ignore you both while gaining the upper hand with delivering anger.

you compared the people who pirate music to children who are simply stealing music for the rush of doing something illegal, but i dont think this is a reasonable comparison

I don't see anywhere that I compared it to a child stealing music. Don't confuse comparison with analogy. Both words have similar meanings, but different aspects and uses.

That's all I have to say.



The whole discussion about an "Argument" was already handled by Earthbound. But I would like to add to the fact that "argument" can be taken a number of different ways. Specifically, the word "Argument" is easier to type out than "friendly debate" or even "intelligent discussion". The word argument can easily take the place of "intelligent discussion" as Earthbound pointed out by bringing up trials as an example.
 
My whole point in coming into the thread was discussion. It was you, however, that started the mud slinging and name calling whenever someone would bring up a point that is opposite of what you said. Nobody said anything rude towards you, nobody called you a name, nobody flamed you. There was no "Trash talking" until you started. Even then, the trash talking was entirely on your end with the rest of us asking why can't you discuss something intelligently instead of calling everyone names and sending harassing and insulting PMs. 
 
You're only fooling yourself if you believe you gained any "upper hand" by ignoring intelligent discussing and dropping yourself to the level of childish insults and harassment. All your insulting, name calling, and all of that nonsense did was make people wonder what your problem is and not "wow he sure gained the upper hand on those who didn't agree with him!"
 
All you really did was make a post that was basically designed to incite and argument/debate/discussion, then when people came in disagreeing with you.. all you did was insult them and then try to act like they were the problem.



Message 84 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/02/2006
Offline
3675 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007


_overnight wrote:
No, Sauron assumed it was an arguement. He was clearly wrong. I call you two "partners in crme" because everytime there is a Microsoft thread you two come harassing my opinions and facts. Sauron more than you though.

I "threw" a "Smiley Very Happy" at you because you insisted that I reply back to him (Sauron), I didn't have to argue with someone who is primarily looking for trouble. I'm one of the "bad boys" here at PSU, ask anyone.

I'm trying to not flame people like I used to because I now see that it's pointless.

Now that you know, just don't force anyone to prove a point, or agree with some who is enticing an flame fest. That's all, nothing against you though.

Think of me as PSU's Abel Nightroad, Vash, etc...


i think this may be a xase of mistaken identitySmiley Indifferent I never responded to any microsoft thread you made previously. In fact i am somewhat new to the off topic. I normally just hang out in the creations section.
anyway, i had no idea that you and Sauron had previous arguments. I simply agreed with one of the statements he had made. That doesn't mean i agreed with everything he had to say, or has said to you in the past.
If someone makes a broad claim like yours, i simply expect you to have reasons to justify your thinking. It wasn't that i was trying to force you to answer him. I wanted answers for myself.
I personally like Microsoft. I plan on buying a 360 soon in fact.

in any case lets be done with this.
btw trigun is awesomeSmiley Wink
Photobucket
Message 85 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2005
Offline
3059 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007


_overnight wrote:

(funny how you were the only who were "insulted" huh?)






You only target me because I've proven you wrong here and in the past. Just like when you PM'ed me over that other iPod vs. Zune discussion. I replied, politely, to your PM and all you did was write me back and cuss me out and accuse me of harassing you And tonight, after I in no way said anything rude or bad towards you, PM'ed me with insults.
 
Once again, you've proven what kind of person you are. It's time for me to copy and paste what you said into PMs for the mods to see and deal with you appropriately.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 86 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/08/2005
Offline
12385 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007









wrote:


_overnight wrote:

(funny how you were the only who were "insulted" huh?)






You only target me because I've proven you wrong here and in the past. Just like when you PM'ed me over that other iPod vs. Zune discussion. I replied, politely, to your PM and all you did was write me back and cuss me out and accuse me of harassing you And tonight, after I in no way said anything rude or bad towards you, PM'ed me with insults.
 
Once again, you've proven what kind of person you are. It's time for me to copy and paste what you said into PMs for the mods to see and deal with you appropriately.



Message 87 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/08/2005
Offline
12385 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007
Hey NESS, how about me and you squash it?
Message 88 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/02/2006
Offline
3675 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007
consider it squashed.
Photobucket
Message 89 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/11/2006
Offline
13239 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007
I WILL TAKE OVER MICROSOFT
Message 90 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes