Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/29/2001
Offline
6960 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007
First off, please avoid from turning this into a spam / flame-fest, people can like whichever devices they like and are free to explain why, but posts provoking flaming, or just plain spam will be deleted.

Now on the topic at hand, the 3 song/day restriction won't be dropped for transferred songs. That is a restriction was co-implemented and enforced by the RIAA and the music industry. If the restriction were to be dropped, it would be nothing more than KaZaa, or Napster all over again except in a portable fashion...and we know how much the music industry loves giving all their stuff away for free...


• Apple MacBook Pro:
2.33 Ghz Core Duo | 256mb X1600 | 3GB's DD2 RAM | 200GB HD •
• Linux / Windoze PC: 3.4 Ghz Pentium D | nVidia BFG 7800 GS | 3.5 GB's DDR RAM | 1.25 TB RAID 0 •


The views expressed in this message are in no way the official views of SCEA and are of a personal nature.
Message 71 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/08/2005
Offline
12385 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007
Thanks. Kids here get mad when you don't feel like arguing.

Well I don't believe it will be another P2P program in a portable sense. I say this because the RIAA would have to disable email on portable devices, email, flash drives, CDs, DVDs, USB drives, and many of the like. Since users can easily and more effieciently share music this way. RIAA shouldn't have a problem with that. Limewire is still fully functional, sites like ISOhunt, etc...

"and we know how much the music industry loves giving all their stuff away for free"

Well... the RIAA needs to relax. Or just let it be. If a child takes the cake when it's hiding, he will eat it. If the cake isn't hiding anymore, that "rush" is gone, and the baby won't do it again.

.Smiley FrustratedammaN:. wrote:
First off, please avoid from turning this into a spam / flame-fest, people can like whichever devices they like and are free to explain why, but posts provoking flaming, or just plain spam will be deleted.

Now on the topic at hand, the 3 song/day restriction won't be dropped for transferred songs. That is a restriction was co-implemented and enforced by the RIAA and the music industry. If the restriction were to be dropped, it would be nothing more than KaZaa, or Napster all over again except in a portable fashion...and we know how much the music industry loves giving all their stuff away for free...




Message 72 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2005
Offline
3059 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007


_overnight wrote:
It's about time you made a decent reply. Oh, and PSM74 perfectly worded it.

In reply your question. Who knows? They are having a meeting, they will either extend it, drop it completely, or keep it the same.

wrote:


_overnight wrote:
Who knows? They will get a whole lot more customers if they drop the restriction.

PS2112 wrote:


_overnight wrote:
Ok guys. I don't know if you all know this, but I like both the Zune and iPod.

But the Zune may kill the iPod this year.

Why?

Microsoft is having meetings early this year on customer reaction on the 3 day/3 play restriction. And sence everyone hates it, there is a possibilty of it been completely removed.

If so, this will trully kill the iPod.

We will see....


LOL! I doubt the Zune will be taking over the iPod craze anytime soon though.






Again, they won't drop the restriction. There will always have to be some kind of restriction or the RIAA will come after them for allowing "illegal sharing" of music.





About time I made a decent reply? You're the one who ignores all counterpoints to your argument and literally runs away.
 
Anyway, again, the restriction won't be dropped. It will allow for so-called "school yard piracy" that the RIAA has spoken out against so often. They've even go so far as to say that there goal is to stop people from who do things like you're suggesting, such as giving a song or two to a friend or burning a copy of a CD for a friend. "School yard piracy" (their words) is supposedly their "biggest concern" (yes you can google this) and if the Zune dropped the play restrictions, it would open up a whole world to "school yard piracy". Not only would Microsoft not allow this because they want to be the dominate force in DRM and they want to be the channel you go through to get your digitally distributed content.. and in dropping this kind of DRM it would force the content providers to choose a path that does offer DRM, but the RIAA would be after them very quickly for allowing "piracy" on their devices.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 73 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2005
Offline
3059 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007


_overnight wrote:
Thanks. Kids here get mad when you don't feel like arguing.




Nobody is getting "mad". It's just that someone counters your argument and you start flaming them and insulting them.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 74 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/08/2005
Offline
12385 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007
SammaN, can you lay your strong hand on this guy? He is still popping off at the jaws.

Well, here is the source for my info : http://blogs.chron.com/techblog/archives/2007/01/music_industry_meeting_could_change_the_zune.html
Message 75 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/19/2005
Offline
3059 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007


_overnight wrote:
SammaN, can you lay your strong hand on this guy? He is still popping off at the jaws.

Well, here is the source for my info : http://blogs.chron.com/techblog/archives/2007/01/music_industry_meeting_could_change_the_zune.html



So your source is a blog that has no source for its information?
 
Want me to link to the Microsoft site where they say Windows XP is a secure operating system?
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 76 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/02/2006
Offline
3675 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007
Well here's the thing: there is a big difference between debate and argument. All i asked was for you to give some facts that actually gave your side of the story a little credibility. If that was too much to hope for then i apologize.
However, you were the one spamming the thread with smileys whenever i asked you to do so. If you didn't have an answer you could have simply said so.
I also have to agree with Samman on the removal of the restriction. The last thing the RIAA and the music industry would want is a portable napster fiasco.
you compared the people who pirate music to children who are simply stealing music for the rush of doing something illegal, but i dont think this is a reasonable comparison. If free music was legal, what would be the reason to buy it? i dont see someone thinking to themselves "well now that i can legally get music for free, i may as well shell out some cash for it."


_overnight wrote:
Thanks. Kids here get mad when you don't feel like arguing.


Well I don't believe it will be another P2P program in a portable sense. I say this because the RIAA would have to disable email on portable devices, email, flash drives, CDs, DVDs, USB drives, and many of the like. Since users can easily and more effieciently share music this way. RIAA shouldn't have a problem with that. Limewire is still fully functional, sites like ISOhunt, etc...

"and we know how much the music industry loves giving all their stuff away for free"

Well... the RIAA needs to relax. Or just let it be. If a child takes the cake when it's hiding, he will eat it. If the cake isn't hiding anymore, that "rush" is gone, and the baby won't do it again.

.Smiley FrustratedammaN:. wrote:
First off, please avoid from turning this into a spam / flame-fest, people can like whichever devices they like and are free to explain why, but posts provoking flaming, or just plain spam will be deleted.

Now on the topic at hand, the 3 song/day restriction won't be dropped for transferred songs. That is a restriction was co-implemented and enforced by the RIAA and the music industry. If the restriction were to be dropped, it would be nothing more than KaZaa, or Napster all over again except in a portable fashion...and we know how much the music industry loves giving all their stuff away for free...







Photobucket
Message 77 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/08/2005
Offline
12385 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007
Well here's the thing: there is a big difference between debate and argument. All i asked was for you to give some facts that actually gave your side

"It's just that someone counters your argument and you start flaming them and insulting them." - Sauron

That clearly states that your partner in crime believes there was an argument. Anyways, I don't have to prove anything to you or Sauron seeing that you both like to talk trash towards me, so I completely ignore you both while gaining the upper hand with delivering anger.

you compared the people who pirate music to children who are simply stealing music for the rush of doing something illegal, but i dont think this is a reasonable comparison

I don't see anywhere that I compared it to a child stealing music. Don't confuse comparison with analogy. Both words have similar meanings, but different aspects and uses.

That's all I have to say.

EarthBoundNESS wrote:
Well here's the thing: there is a big difference between debate and argument. All i asked was for you to give some facts that actually gave your side of the story a little credibility. If that was too much to hope for then i apologize.
However, you were the one spamming the thread with smileys whenever i asked you to do so. If you didn't have an answer you could have simply said so.
I also have to agree with Samman on the removal of the restriction. The last thing the RIAA and the music industry would want is a portable napster fiasco.
you compared the people who pirate music to children who are simply stealing music for the rush of doing something illegal, but i dont think this is a reasonable comparison. If free music was legal, what would be the reason to buy it? i dont see someone thinking to themselves "well now that i can legally get music for free, i may as well shell out some cash for it."


_overnight wrote:
Thanks. Kids here get mad when you don't feel like arguing.


Well I don't believe it will be another P2P program in a portable sense. I say this because the RIAA would have to disable email on portable devices, email, flash drives, CDs, DVDs, USB drives, and many of the like. Since users can easily and more effieciently share music this way. RIAA shouldn't have a problem with that. Limewire is still fully functional, sites like ISOhunt, etc...

"and we know how much the music industry loves giving all their stuff away for free"

Well... the RIAA needs to relax. Or just let it be. If a child takes the cake when it's hiding, he will eat it. If the cake isn't hiding anymore, that "rush" is gone, and the baby won't do it again.

.Smiley FrustratedammaN:. wrote:
First off, please avoid from turning this into a spam / flame-fest, people can like whichever devices they like and are free to explain why, but posts provoking flaming, or just plain spam will be deleted.

Now on the topic at hand, the 3 song/day restriction won't be dropped for transferred songs. That is a restriction was co-implemented and enforced by the RIAA and the music industry. If the restriction were to be dropped, it would be nothing more than KaZaa, or Napster all over again except in a portable fashion...and we know how much the music industry loves giving all their stuff away for free...










Message 78 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/02/2006
Offline
3675 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007
Honestly, i don't even know Sauron, so I'm not sure why we are being refered to as partners in crime. However the word "argument" can be used in many different contexts. If we were to watch a court case for example the prosecution, and defense would both have "arguments" for their respective cases. This does not mean that they are going to throw insults at eachother or do any of the things that a typically associated with a typical argument.
I personally don't have anything against you _overnight. I don't come into your threads with the intent of causing an argument. I was simply trying to get a clearer picture of your reasoning, and all i got were "Smiley Very Happy" thrown in my face. You have the right to think whatever you want of the Zune or the ipod. I just wanted to know why.
P.S. thankyou for answering me with more than a happy face this time.


_overnight wrote:
Well here's the thing: there is a big difference between debate and argument. All i asked was for you to give some facts that actually gave your side

"It's just that someone counters your argument and you start flaming them and insulting them." - Sauron

That clearly states that your partner in crime believes there was an argument. Anyways, I don't have to prove anything to you or Sauron seeing that you both like to talk trash towards me, so I completely ignore you both while gaining the upper hand with delivering anger.

you compared the people who pirate music to children who are simply stealing music for the rush of doing something illegal, but i dont think this is a reasonable comparison

I don't see anywhere that I compared it to a child stealing music. Don't confuse comparison with analogy. Both words have similar meanings, but different aspects and uses.

That's all I have to say.

EarthBoundNESS wrote:
Well here's the thing: there is a big difference between debate and argument. All i asked was for you to give some facts that actually gave your side of the story a little credibility. If that was too much to hope for then i apologize.
However, you were the one spamming the thread with smileys whenever i asked you to do so. If you didn't have an answer you could have simply said so.
I also have to agree with Samman on the removal of the restriction. The last thing the RIAA and the music industry would want is a portable napster fiasco.
you compared the people who pirate music to children who are simply stealing music for the rush of doing something illegal, but i dont think this is a reasonable comparison. If free music was legal, what would be the reason to buy it? i dont see someone thinking to themselves "well now that i can legally get music for free, i may as well shell out some cash for it."


_overnight wrote:
Thanks. Kids here get mad when you don't feel like arguing.


Well I don't believe it will be another P2P program in a portable sense. I say this because the RIAA would have to disable email on portable devices, email, flash drives, CDs, DVDs, USB drives, and many of the like. Since users can easily and more effieciently share music this way. RIAA shouldn't have a problem with that. Limewire is still fully functional, sites like ISOhunt, etc...

"and we know how much the music industry loves giving all their stuff away for free"

Well... the RIAA needs to relax. Or just let it be. If a child takes the cake when it's hiding, he will eat it. If the cake isn't hiding anymore, that "rush" is gone, and the baby won't do it again.

.Smiley FrustratedammaN:. wrote:
First off, please avoid from turning this into a spam / flame-fest, people can like whichever devices they like and are free to explain why, but posts provoking flaming, or just plain spam will be deleted.

Now on the topic at hand, the 3 song/day restriction won't be dropped for transferred songs. That is a restriction was co-implemented and enforced by the RIAA and the music industry. If the restriction were to be dropped, it would be nothing more than KaZaa, or Napster all over again except in a portable fashion...and we know how much the music industry loves giving all their stuff away for free...













Photobucket
Message 79 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/08/2005
Offline
12385 posts
 

Re: Death Of Ipods

Jan 17, 2007
No, Sauron assumed it was an arguement. He was clearly wrong. I call you two "partners in crme" because everytime there is a Microsoft thread you two come harassing my opinions and facts. Sauron more than you though.

I "threw" a "Smiley Very Happy" at you because you insisted that I reply back to him (Sauron), I didn't have to argue with someone who is primarily looking for trouble. I'm one of the "bad boys" here at PSU, ask anyone.

I'm trying to not flame people like I used to because I now see that it's pointless.

Now that you know, just don't force anyone to prove a point, or agree with some who is enticing an flame fest. That's all, nothing against you though.

Think of me as PSU's Abel Nightroad, Vash, etc...
Message 80 of 92 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes