Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: Deadly shooting at Newtown, CT

Dec 19, 2012
Obama, named Person of the Year, by Time Magazine. He's the only president, who more deadly shootings than any other ?
Message 141 of 154 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Dec 19, 2012

rramsdell wrote:
Obama, named Person of the Year, by Time Magazine. He's the only president, who more deadly shootings than any other ?

Your last sentence doesn't make sense but it sounds like you're trying to connect the president to the spate of recent shootings. Which is somewhat comical/ironic considering his stance on gun control. 

Message 142 of 154 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

Your last sentence doesn't make sense but it sounds like you're trying to connect the president to the spate of recent shootings. Which is somewhat comical/ironic considering his stance on gun control. 

sorry my bad. I had trouble wording it.

Message 143 of 154 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Dec 20, 2012

http://www.godhatesfags.com/#

Take a look at what these ignorant people are doing now. You've seen them before....

Now they are saying "God sent the shooter."

This makes me sick.

Message 144 of 154 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Dec 20, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

http://www.godhatesfags.com/#

Take a look at what these ignorant people are doing now. You've seen them before....

Now they are saying "God sent the shooter."

This makes me sick.

Like I said earlier these people are just media hungry which is why they picket these media covered funerals, they also picket funerals of soldiers. 

I think that their so called "Church" is just a scheme for them to make money off of lawsuits. The WBC consist mainly of the Phelps family, with Fred Phelps, the father, as the leader of the "church", almost all of the adult Phelps are lawyers and they have sued people before and won.

I think that the point of their signs is to get people so riled up that they attack them or try to deny them of their freedom of speech and thats when they sue and make a bunch of money.

This is one instance in which Freedom of Speech taken to the extreme and is very disrespectful.

If I ever see this "church" picketing in Florida IM going to roll up next them and smog them out with diesel smoke, I think that would be covered by the First Amendment.

But hopefully these guys show up in Connecticut, their called the Patriot Guard. http://youtu.be/k56_o9XRQFQ

PSN - Vallez93
Message 145 of 154 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Is anyone doing anything tomorrow @ 9:30AM. ? I am, it was very close to home.

Message 146 of 154 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42139 posts

Dec 21, 2012

NRA has chimed in:

He criticizes media for placing the blame on gun rights advocates and failing to talk about the "callous, corrupt shadow industry" pushed by Hollywood and video game makers.

LaPierre calls on Congress to immediately appropriate money to put armed officers in every school in America. The conversation on this idea has to start immediately. He says the NRA has 11,000 police training instructors willing to help out.

The NRA is creating what is calling a "model school shield program" to help improve security at schools It will be lead by former Rep. Asa Hutchinson and will be made available to every school that wants it free of charge, LaPierre says.

Hutchinson said he took the task of directing the model shield program with the condition that it would be independent. Armed, trained personnel will be part of the program, and it won't require any federal money. It will rely on volunteers.

The bottom line is the NRA thinks that armed guards at schools and not pushing for more gun control measures is the way lawmakers should go after the issue.

=====

Just a few tid bits.  'Callous, corrupt shadow industry'?  They're proposing that Congress get the money together for armed officers in every school (I guess this is what some of us have already seen first hand) or the NRA's own independent, volunteer, 'model shield program' with trained personnel.

Message 147 of 154 (73 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30953 posts

Dec 21, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

NRA has chimed in:

He criticizes media for placing the blame on gun rights advocates and failing to talk about the "callous, corrupt shadow industry" pushed by Hollywood and video game makers.

LaPierre calls on Congress to immediately appropriate money to put armed officers in every school in America. The conversation on this idea has to start immediately. He says the NRA has 11,000 police training instructors willing to help out.

The NRA is creating what is calling a "model school shield program" to help improve security at schools It will be lead by former Rep. Asa Hutchinson and will be made available to every school that wants it free of charge, LaPierre says.

Hutchinson said he took the task of directing the model shield program with the condition that it would be independent. Armed, trained personnel will be part of the program, and it won't require any federal money. It will rely on volunteers.

The bottom line is the NRA thinks that armed guards at schools and not pushing for more gun control measures is the way lawmakers should go after the issue.

=====

Just a few tid bits.  'Callous, corrupt shadow industry'?  They're proposing that Congress get the money together for armed officers in every school (I guess this is what some of us have already seen first hand) or the NRA's own independent, volunteer, 'model shield program' with trained personnel.

And yet the NRA sells childrens toy guns on their site....... Smiley Indifferent

That whole organization is a joke

Message 148 of 154 (71 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Dec 22, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

NRA has chimed in:

=====

I heard LaPierre on NPR earlier this evening. I'm not completely oppossed to the idea of armed officers in every school. Though I do think the issue is bigger than just throwing more guards at it and calling it even. 

Message 149 of 154 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6985 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

NRA has chimed in:

=====

I heard LaPierre on NPR earlier this evening. I'm not completely oppossed to the idea of armed officers in every school. Though I do think the issue is bigger than just throwing more guards at it and calling it even. 

city poilice  officers are already in high schools and etc  all across the country.. You dont need the  volunteers doing anything.. Ill tell you this much   a volunteer with a gun  equal dead  bystanders and poor judgement. Its the same a rent a cops..    I think they just  need  to put   more sercurity  cameras  and more  real police in  schools. maybe 1-2  police swat member fulltime in schools 2-3 cops per school along ith regular sercurity..

I  dont  think kids need to be seeing the army  around the schools... its a bit fool hardy to suggest such a thing.  I think the nra guy needs to look at the facts.  Like  I siad  america has 50% of the  worlds gun  with 5% of the world population and has the  world highest crime rate in murder  and its been that way for  the last 50 yrs or more .  It becuase the money so good to the nra..  If they point the finger them thumb is always pointing back. Its a  bit silly to  suggest  trained  volunteers. A city Police officer  or a  swat member would suffice.

it has nothing to do sandy hook or the kids getting killed. Go look at the streets of miami and california  in my day  it was not like that. YOu cant wear a color or  pattern your shot dead  these days.   They  will nevr control guns becuase they could never control drugs,   becuase the money too good.. If the nra is serious they stop allowing  folks to buy guns with no permiit in certain states, or petittion a  gun owner in  near  to each and everyone in the  neighborhood like they do rapist and pedos's.. But the thing is  they dont care becuase  the money  is too good and they think can protect   them selves from the robbers and pedo's becuase they  own a gun and  sad thing is that is false.  You just increased your problems , its still gun  violence

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 150 of 154 (46 Views)
0 Likes